Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DDark Mirror Universe WIP

• Dark SaberDark Saber1 Posts: 0Member
    USSFEARNOWCommission.jpg

Here is a $35 Starship Registry Change Commission for Shari Woods.
    She wanted the Basic Luna Class Starship
    but with her Name and Registry swapped in instead of the Titan's.

I have decided that if there is a want I will continue these
    kind of commissions. Not limited to the Luna Class. I will open this to all of my designs.
    $35 for name and registry swaps. A little more say if you wanted the I.S.S. Titan
    Converted (Colors and Markings) to a Variant U.S.S. Titan.
    ($10-$15 more Depends on the Modifications asked for).

Sean Tourangeau
    Adobe Illustrator CS5
    10-5-2010
  • Capt.HunterCapt.Hunter331 Posts: 71Member
    Hey Sean i know we had talked about this once long ago. And you weren't quite sure then. But have you thought about designing a refit for your Luna Class? Something like 15 or 20 years later.
    Actually I am in contact with the designer of the Aventine, and we are thinking of doing just that. Don't know if it will get published or even done, but i am waiting on a list from him of possible upgrades/ changes. I will post more as it come. *Note We have not repeat not been approched by anyone at CBS or Pocket Books to do this. Just a fun little project when we both have the time.
    That sounds cool, looking forward to hearing about them and seeing any physical changes that might come about.
    Here are some shots of the 1/1400 Scale U.S.S. & I.S.S. Titan by Starcraft models.

U.S.S. Titan Designed by Sean Tourangeau (ME)
  • Lord_TrekieLord_Trekie0 Posts: 0Member
    Those are pretty awesome. :D
    All I can say is wow.
    Here is another $35.00 name/registry swap commission. (Yes Another Luna/ Titan Swap)

This one is for the U.S.S. Luna NX-10210 for Glaslyn and will be featured on http://starfleet-universe.de

Sean Tourangeau
    10-25-2010
    Ac Copyright 2010
    Created in Adobe Illustrator CS5

USS-lunaCommission.jpg
    Dark Saber wrote: »
    USSFEARNOWCommission.jpg

Here is a $35 Starship Registry Change Commission for Shari Woods.
    She wanted the Basic Luna Class Starship
    but with her Name and Registry swapped in instead of the Titan's.

I have decided that if there is a want I will continue these
    kind of commissions. Not limited to the Luna Class. I will open this to all of my designs.
    $35 for name and registry swaps. A little more say if you wanted the I.S.S. Titan
    Converted (Colors and Markings) to a Variant U.S.S. Titan.
    ($10-$15 more Depends on the Modifications asked for).

Sean Tourangeau
    Adobe Illustrator CS5
    10-5-2010

******UPDATE**************************

DO NOT DO COMMISSION FOR SHARI WOODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She paid via paypal, then when she received the Digital
    File from me she had paypal withdraw the payment. I contacted her and she said it was her bank that took the money back and it wasn't her fault. I arranged for her to
    send a check, she said she would send payment via snail mail, have not received payment as of yet. She does not return emails now.

So again DO NOT ACCEPT COMMISSIONS FROM SHARI WOODS!!!

Sincerely

Sean Tourangeau
  • Thanks for the tip Sean, I'm sorry you got burned
  • rwkingrwking189 Posts: 173Member
    I still want to see a refined drawing of the Brothers Soong. Admiral Picard's guards aboard the I.S.S. Ares. Data, Lore, and B4
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    LOL, as do I..
    Well it looks like it is time for me to dust off my starship designing tools. I am planning on entering the Design The Next Enterprise contest that STO will be holding. I don't know if I can get lightening to strike twice, but it is worth a shot. Sketch book is ready to sketch out designs. Good luck to everyone else that is planning on entering. Can't wait to see what people will come up with.
    Anything you and the other guys here at SFM come up with have to be better than some of the kitbash looking designs that they used.
    thanks
    Heard about the contest.
    I sure hope the best for you. You've got great designs and should really go for it. :)
    Here is a teaser image of what I have so far for my 1701-F for the Contest

I won't post anymore until after the contest, but I thought I would wet the pallette.

Sean
    I know I said I wouldn't post anymore Ent-F Teasers, but I figured i would show the other configuration that I had in mind.
    I will more than likely complete both concepts. And depending on the rule to the contest enter them both, but for now
    here is the other silhouette of the other design that I am working on.

Sean Tourangeau
    11-30-2010
    Adobe Illustrator CS5

Teaser1701F2.jpg
    Here is a sample of the hull detailing I am working on.

1701DetailingSample.jpg
  • rwkingrwking189 Posts: 173Member
    As I said over at the SCN.....going by the silhouettes, these two concepts seem to be a regression rather than a progression. Just as the TMP enterprise is clearly more advanced than the TOS ship, Just as the 1701-B is a progression from the 1701-A, and so forth......both these concepts don't seem to be a logical progression from the 1701-E to the 1701-F

Now, one thing your crescent shaped hull puts me in the midset of ......... remove the warp nacelles and pylons and you have the basic shape of the Ferenghi Marauder ship. Is that a progression, an advancement, from the Sovereign class to this class of vessel?
    I agree with rwking that it seems to be a bit of a regression. But could also be that the designer wanted that retro feel, much like our autombile designers will draw upon ideas from the past or sometimes use and old design using modern thinking.
    Classic Mustang Vs New Mustang with the classic lines
    Tend to agree with Dark. While the look from above is not quite the silhouette of the Enterprise, the side-view certainly gives into that. Designing the E-D was about creating a ship that looked new, but still related to the original. And from my view, Dark is going right up this alley.
    Update 12-5-10
    Refined Profile Images. Added front view.
    On both designs I incorporated Slipstream (Aventine) Elements to the design. Both Ideas have a "Neck".
    Now to work on the Bottom and Back views.

NCC1701FA.jpg
    NCC1701FB.jpg
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Not for me, I'm afraid. It seems to lack a lot of the flow and graceful aesthetics that made up the other Enterprises - even (comparatively) the 1701-E had smoother lines than your proposal.

More particularly though, the silhouettes give this a kitbash sort of feel to it... :(
    I can understand that kitbashed aspect on the second proposal, although the saucers aft section being rounded is the reminder of what the ship roots to, I'd say. OVerall, I like the first version a bit more, it looks more appropriate in following the design. Round hulls for NX-Enterprise to Ent-C, elliptical on the x-axis for the Ent-D, elliptical on the z-axis for the Ent-E. And already during the time of the Ent-E, we see arrowhead ships like the Intrepid-class, or the Prometheus-class. I may not know what the Ent-F has as tech to require such an arrowhead, but there sure is reason. ;)
    1701FLights.jpg

Here is another Teaser Image for my entry for the Star Trek Online Design The Next Enterprise Contest.
    All I am still working on is the image for the bottom, but the other views are complete. I re-did the Nacelle
    Pylons As well as elongated the secondary hull a little.

I will still finish the other configuration, I may even enter it if I can enter more than one design. Either way
    This has jumpstarted my ship design frame of mind again.

Sean Tourangeau
    12-7-10
    Adobe Illustrator CS5
    Nice work, though I'm not sure about the horizontal split of the Bussard ramscoops..
    Pull images to comply with contest rules
  • darkthunderdarkthunder415 SwedenPosts: 105Member
    I wish you the best of luck in the "Design the next Enterprise"-contest. Thou I must say, the way the contest has been handled thus far makes the whole contest a farse.

I've seen plenty of "entries" which are nothing more than ships straight out of Bridge Commander and other Trek games, as well as some entries which are completely bogus. People entering into the contest just for the "sake of" doing so. All in all, alot of "mod thefts" going on when it comes to the submissions i've seen.