Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDaniels Class - Experimental Drive

2»

• Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    LockeFP wrote: »
    What was your method for creating the hexagons? I simply refuse to believe there was any way to do that which wasn't time consuming! And what do you mean by "particle fountain"? Some sort of effects-based stuff?
    anyway, as for the particle fountain:
    Many ppl confuse the deflector dish for beign some sort of a giant sensor platform which is understandable since the original Enterprise's dish looked like a giant satelite dish. However the role of the dish is much more importent, in fact, it's the most importent peice of the ship because no ship would be able to fly through space at high speeds without it. The idea of the dish is to disperse an energy coating around the ship (called the deflector shields) and by that to shield it againt incoming objects, and no, weapon fire is not the main thing the shields protect the ship from. Incoming high velocity space debry and tiny particles are much more dangerous to the ship. That is why it's the most energy consuming system the ship has. So, now that we understand what is the deflector the next question is what is the particle fountain?
    Basicly since the deflector is so powerfull it can be used as a weapon. For example if you want to fire a massive energy beam onto an "unsuspecting" borg cube to destroy your assimilated captain. The problem is that the deflector is designed to disperse the energy and particles and not to focus it.
    The particle fountain is that focusing instrument.
    Okay, well, what I was really asking was what it was gonna look like. I know what the deflector array is intended for . . .
    oh :), in that case, I haven't decided yet - but it'll look cool

You two remind me of Abbott and Costello a little bit...

Costello: What's the guy's name on first base?
    Abbott: No. What is on second.
    Costello: I'm not asking you who's on second.
    Abbott: Who's on first.
    Costello: I don't know.
    Abbott: He's on third, we're not talking about him.
    Costello: Now how did I get on third base?
    Abbott: Why you mentioned his name.
    Costello: If I mentioned the third baseman's name, who did I say is playing third?
    Abbott: No. Who's playing first.
    Costello: What's on first?
    Abbott: What's on second.
    Costello: I don't know.
    Abbott: He's on third.
    Costello: There I go, back on third again!
    PAUSE
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    Well, thanks!:)
  • Don't ShootDon't Shoot391 Posts: 117Member
    impulse engines
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    What exactly is the geometry like on those impulse engines? Looks like you have a lightsource hidden behind the first grate section, and then some more of those hexagons from the front of the ship behind that, along with a texture behind that. Am I right?
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I like 'em.
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    ItA’s one of the best impulse engines that I ever seen. I liked it to much.
  • Don't ShootDon't Shoot391 Posts: 117Member
    What exactly is the geometry like on those impulse engines? Looks like you have a lightsource hidden behind the first grate section, and then some more of those hexagons from the front of the ship behind that, along with a texture behind that. Am I right?

Basicly you got it right, but also there's a peirced cylinder in the middle (where the light is coming from)
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    Starship wrote: »
    ItA’s one of the best impulse engines that I ever seen. I liked it to much.

I can't say I've seen better looking impulse drives, even in the shows. They are just gorgeous. And cleverly designed.