Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Das yet unnamed star trek ship

2»

• MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    walpurgis wrote: »
    this is my idea for the reactor setup for the Atalanta
    there is electrical generation equipment because I dont like how ST ships use plasma to power everything and then random consoles blow up everywhere across the ship from a single direct hit

Other people have put much more research into how the plasma is actually used, but here are my $0.02 anyway.
    On the show it is always suggested that the energized plasma is "pumped" through the ship, and converted into electricity by so called EPS taps on demand.
    For several reasons though I choose to believe otherwise. For one thing, a deuterium/antideuterium reaction with a 1:1 ratio should create pure energy in form of radiation, and no plasma of any kind; so you would have to spend that energy, however you harness it, to heat up something to create the plasma.
    Also, how do these EPS taps extract electricity from hot gas, (turbines maybe?) and where does it go?
    Since plasma of sufficient temperature makes for an excellent conductor, I think its more plausible to assume that the conduits keep the plasma sealed in and at steady temperature and pressure, and are used to conduct electricity harnessed in the warp core throughout the ship.

Of course we have seen the insides of the warp nacelles on screen, and it was shown that they eat plasma directly. How they do away with it, I don't know. Magnets maybe :p

</rant>
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    You could name it the Jehoshaphat. :thumb: heh
  • walpurgiswalpurgis181 Posts: 0Member
    BorgMan wrote: »
    Those lines you created are all on the borders of faces. First of all, when you render your ship in a program like Kerkythea right now, your saucer will look faceted instead of smooth; trust me, you don't want that. Second: those lines, which I take it are shield grids, won't show up after a render because to the program, they're just edges instead of graphics. Creating double lines and filling them up with a darker color than your hull will fix that.
    most of them are actually off from the borders, the grid is not complete yet, Im likely to redo the entire mesh because its getting messy, and I know that they wont show up in kerk; I plan to extrude them as actual plates on the hull, with spaces between

and Melak, are you saying I am right to dislike the complications of the whole plasma conduits/EPS taps thing?
    85169.jpg
    walpurgis wrote: »
    and Melak, are you saying I am right to dislike the complications of the whole plasma conduits/EPS taps thing?

Actually, I'm defending the plasma conduits. You shouldn't blame the poor conduits, its not their fault the writers always blow them up. :) :p
    *snooty*
    Well, I guess that's your prerogative, but I prefer to simplify whenever possible so, Im going to stick with my electrical wires and generators.(:D:p)
    Don't forget the steam turbines :p
    Hmph! I ignore you now :D:p
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Melak wrote: »
    Don't forget the steam turbines :p
    You should know by now that such fancy stuff won't be installed until Tuesday...
    okay, so this is totally unrelated to ST and is an original work of mine, it is the ISS Revenant Onus, a Solis-class medium cruiser. there will be backstory!... soon... if I get around to it... If... anyhow, just thought Id pop it up and see what you think
    issrevenantonuse.th.png
    issrevenantonusc.th.png
    issrevenantonusb.th.png
    revonusa.th.png
    85248.png85249.png85250.png85251.png
    I have been playing around with this in Kerk, trying to get the glows on the nacelles and deflector right and also playing with lights.
    85326.png85327.jpg85328.png85329.png85330.png
    Comments? questions? insane liquor-fueled rants?

anything?

Anything at all?

Am I really that bad?