Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSka AraA’s Wraith Cruiser V1

SystemlordSokarSystemlordSokar0 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Hey Guys i work since some weeks at this Cruiser:)

I thougt i show you that to get tipps and feedbacks ;)
84991.jpg
84990.jpg
84989.jpg
Post edited by SystemlordSokar on
Tagged:

• NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    *Squint*
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    nice start there now you need to work on the details but I have to say you have the overall design just right
    I can't even see it. :/
  • Jimi JamesJimi James0 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah, it's difficult to make out much detail, aside from the general shape; which is interesting to say the least. It could serve as the basis for a cool ship in any number of established universes, or even something completely original. That being said, you need to turn some lights on so we can get a better look at what you've got there.
  • Darth ZiggyDarth Ziggy0 Posts: 0Member
    Lights, please.
  • SystemlordSokarSystemlordSokar0 Posts: 0Member
    yea guys sry my screen is much brighter then yours becaust that i can see it without problems^^

i make a new color on it , a bright blue and later i turn it into a real texture^^

and add lights, mhh k thats is my problem^^ i never made lights^^ because its my 4. model i ever made^^

to the details, the holes on the ground are lie these in sga, the upper side is a bit different, but i try to make it in a later version more sga like ;)
    but its still hard to find good references :(

@nano is squint good or bad?^^
    No, 'squint' isn't good.. it means I'm doing this with my eyes (>_<) to try to see it. Heh.

I looked at a histogram of your image, and basically what's going on is the brightest color you have in your image isn't even at 25% intensity. That is pretty dark. It's almost like looking at it while wearing a welding mask.

It isn't my intention to be insulting. I apologize if it came off that way. I think you should focus on creating lights in the scene and try to recreate this look:

uss_enterprise-d_2395.jpg

The reason to do this is that there are two or three lights in that shot intended to highlight the 3d-form of the model. That will help you communicate the form you've created with everybody. :)
    so may is this a bit better ;) new little update a bit better ^^

@Nano, you are funny, how can i make it like you pic if i never work with lights?
    then i need textures which i dont have at this time :/
    84989.jpg84990.jpg84991.jpg
    so may is this a bit better ;) new little update a bit better ^^

@Nano, you are funny, how can i make it like you pic if i never work with lights?
    then i need textures which i dont have at this time :/

Yep, definitely better.

But yeah.. lighting's not hard. Create light, position it, aim it, turn it up. You don't need to have worked with them before to start, that's why I gave you an image to recreate... so you have a goal.

As for texturing, no, you don't need to do it, I mean the ship won't be invisible until the texture is in place. Just try it. :)
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    maybe make it white so we can see it instead of dark purple? should be an object color property no matter what program you are working in.
    so guys heres the update with a light(maybe a bit to bright) and a prev map

PS: If you see the pictures in original size i ulpoad them on imageshack
    http://img401.imageshack.us/i/78326285.jpg/
    http://img294.imageshack.us/i/82033649.jpg/
    http://img205.imageshack.us/i/cruiser1.jpg/
    85175.jpg85176.jpg85177.jpg
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    you just have to reduce a little of the lighting the rest is fine