Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMithra Class (Bridge)

124»

• tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Yeah different monitors have different gamma response, hence you do really need to calibrate them. My monitor is set up with a much brighter gamma than it should doo, but they are almost pitch dark for me too! :D

I seriously recommend you try and figure out a Linear gamma colour workflow though. You will find you have a tonne more light in interiors without doing much more work! If you take that image and apply a 2.2 gamma to it, you will see both that it's a much nicer light level and that all the colours look wrong.. The colours in your scene need to have their gamma reduced to 0.4545 gamma (or have their gamma intent set to 2.2, depending on how your software does it) save out as a floating point file, (such as EXR) and then open in PS and BANG you will have a tonne more light!
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    tobian wrote: »
    I seriously recommend you try and figure out a Linear gamma colour workflow though.
    And our resident missionary of the "Church of Linear Workflow" has found yet another victim! ;)

@Aeries: Definitely try what he just suggested. You'll be positively surprised.
  • AeriesAeries1 Posts: 0Member
    I've taken your advice... this look better?
    83706.jpg
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    It does look much better, glad it worked! :)
  • Robert HarrisonRobert Harrison1 Posts: 16Member
    The bridge looks great, although (and this might just be me) but i liked the first images better. The one with the small simple Bridge, the triangle shape for the command section and the lower inset helm/conn console...

But i do like the new one as well...

Matthew
  • AeriesAeries1 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks guys! Another update: floor texture and chrome guidelines added.
    83708.jpg
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good there Aeries:thumb:
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice work. The corridors look a bit overly big, but that may be the perspective Nice job, tho.