Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMithra Class (Bridge)

• Nice work. I can't help but see the captain putting his feet up on that second railing rung while sitting there... I know I would. ;)

Very cool work.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Somehow the screen area reminds me a bit to the bridge of a Star Destroyer from Star Wars. Almost has the same struts.
    Looks nice and clean I have to say and maybe it's because of you, but I'm starting to actually like this style that the JJ-verse alternative reality has... :eek:
    Generally I find the area around the captain a bit small/crowded. Right before him is a railing so he cannot go straight to the Nav and OPS station, behind him are stations and to the left and right are more railings before he finally get's some space. Also the step from the command area to the Nav&OPS stations is a bit big and the railing directly at it's sides is somewhat over-redundant.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    really nice job!
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    cool stuff
  • AeriesAeries1 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks guys. :]

Bit of an update. Ever wonder what was through the doors at the back of the bridge? Well, wonder no more! [it's very early wip, haven't furnished it yet.]

-EDIT-
    HAVE DONE:

Modified and detailed the Helm Console, modified & detailed most other consoles and furnature to be better scale to more precise character models [figured I'd throw in a couple models for good measure, so I knew how to scale it all properly.. some things didn't look right so I wanted to be sure.]

Added more detail to Tactical/Operations [The stations directly behind the command chair]

Removed the railing directly in front of the command chair, added second command override control panel.

Added step down to Navigations/Helm station.

TO DO [Hopefully before tomorrow morning]:
    -Fix the darn reflectivity problems & figure out exactly how to do what Tobias suggested
    -furnish & detail the conference room, add mild lighting.
    -remove added station directly behind tactical/ops & add transparent MSD.
    -build base models for turbolifts, captain's ready room and MAYBE a couple corridor segments if I have time. :P

And so, the mission begins! [Third render coming up soon]
    72639.jpg72640.jpg
  • It just gets better and better. Great work Aeries.
    Thanks! The third pic as promised:
    72644.jpg
  • unusualsuspexunusualsuspex331 Norfolk UKPosts: 0Member
    Nice work Aeries. Just my coupla pennies worth but the only two design faults I can see (in my VERY amateur) opinion are:

1. The railings around the centre well look about knee height. Just low enough so that when the ship goes into action and starts pitching...:shiner:

2. For the same action/ooops reason, the forward seats really ought to have backs to them. Losing your conn or ops officer off their seat in mid action could be slightly embarrassing.

I'm possibly missing the obvious cos I just finished a night shift and its not a crit. Just my overactive mind! :lol:
    Hm, good point with the railings. From the upper level, they're too low and from the lower level, they're too high.

I'm surprised to see this central spine on the station behind the captains chair. It's usually the kind of this you'd see from a Nav/OPS console, what's it purpose there (apart from the coolness-factor)?
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Wow really nice!
    The lounge looks very cool so far, as does the bridge :)
  • Nice work but I'm sad to see the "foot rest" railing go away. I liked that thing. ;)
    Aresius wrote: »
    Hm, good point with the railings. From the upper level, they're too low and from the lower level, they're too high.

I'm surprised to see this central spine on the station behind the captains chair. It's usually the kind of this you'd see from a Nav/OPS console, what's it purpose there (apart from the coolness-factor)?

I designed the Mithra-Class starship to have a great deal of weaponry. I figured extra controls would be desirable. And, as you said... coolness factor. ;)

I might just ditch the railings... they're not really NEEDED for anything beyond eye candy... :P
  • Are the tactical stations going to have chairs?

The idea that worf had to stand for his entire shift was idiotic and one of the worst things about the TNG bridge.
    Originally I wasn't going to put chairs there, no. [just to clarify, both of those stations I've decided ARE tactical stations... the Mithra Class has a lot of offensive capabilities: 8 Phalanx torpedo launchers, 6 forward quantum launchers, 4 aft quantums, 8 heavy pulse phaser cannons, full 360 Degree phaser coverage... she's a predator.]

...But unfortunately that's one mesh I need to rebuild... again... x__x I'm terrible at building ships. Rooms, things like that I can do fine... just not ships for some darn reason.
    WOOT WOOT! I think I found a material that'll work for all the reflections! :D :D :D
    72704.jpg
  • Looking good! All woman crew?
    It's a ship of the Valkyries, didn't ya know? :P
    Well, they also have a ship full of Vullcans, Stargate Atlantis has an SG-team full of chicks, so why not...
    :flippy:
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    Impressive avatar Aeries. Also love how the bridge is evolving.
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Great bridge, I like it.

Do those grey ground struts in the back (post #26, second image) have any other purpose than letting crewmen stumbling across them? If no, they wouldn't make much sense.
    nightfever wrote: »
    Great bridge, I like it.
    Do those grey ground struts in the back (post #26, second image) have any other purpose than letting crewmen stumbling across them? If no, they wouldn't make much sense.

If I wanted it to make a lot of sense, it would be a VERY bland bridge. xD Haha, but your point is taken. I'll actually be replacing those with something a little more aesthetically pleasing and fitting for this bridge at some point soon. :] Thanks for the suggestion!
  • BartolomeusBartolomeus171 Posts: 0Member
    Great looking bridge! Really great work!
  • I wish I could make interiors like this! I can model a ship but when it comes to the interior... Like you said "I get frustrated". I'm going to be meshing out the interior of the MAINSTAY later on, but I haven't the slightest clue on how it's going to look. You're doing a great job here Aeries
    Thanks! Hey lemme know if you want a hand with the Mainstay. I'll try to give you some pointers if you wanna design an interior for her later. :]

Now if only I could translate what Tobian suggested into Aeries-is-a-noob-speak, maybe my reflections might turn out better... xD
  • alfludalflud0 Posts: 0Member
    Cool bridge - I love it :)
  • Bmused55Bmused55177 Posts: 487Member
    Is it me, or does the captains chair look a litte too upright?
  • prisoner881prisoner881336 Posts: 30Member
    A couple of minor comments:

1. It seems very odd to have a railing between the captain's chair and the forward opps/conn console. The separation is a bit jarring and forms a mental line between the two. Traditionally, the area forward of the captain's chair is always open. Even if you're trying to be non-traditional, the placement of the railing (IMO) hurts the "flow" of the bridge.

2. The forward opps/conn console is curved away from its users. While this may seem aesthetically pleasing, it's difficult to work on a desk surface that curves away from you. The aft console is curved around the chair, which is more desirable. Suggest you re-orient the console to curve the other way around.

Other than those nits, I think your lighting and color selection is spot on. The aft bridge layout is very intriguing visually and functionally.
    More work done; rebuilt the whole aft section, added minor corridors, new MSD area, detailing, etc. Here's a few pics, I'll render some more up later. For now, I am le tired... :] Enjoy. [Just for kicks, I did up a couple shots at Red Alert. :P]
    74205.jpg74206.jpg74207.jpg
    1.jpg 336.7K
    2.jpg 483.9K
    3.jpg 455.5K
  • MarkyDMarkyD0 Posts: 0Member
    Aeries has been a busy lad, nice to see you have found your forte' mate, this looks awsome!! really really nice stuff.
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    LOVING this bridge!!! Love it! Love it! Love it! Just after "Nemesis" & right at the beginning of the timeline for "Star Trek: Online".