Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMODO401: Destiny

omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
edited August 2010 in Work in Progress #1
This is my.. 4th attempt at a good looking version of this mesh hopefully it will be my final one.

This is part of my rebuilds of the Daedalus, Atlantis and Destiny using modo 401 instead of Sketchup which i built my previous versions with. ive already finished the Daedalus and Atlantis and Destiny is up next.

If you have seen my previous versions i think you will notice quite the detailing increase in this one.

Update soon.
Post edited by omnipotent on
Tagged:

• Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Great start omnipotent:thumb:
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    Ice-Dragon wrote: »
    Great start omnipotent:thumb:
    Thank you ice!

Worked on the drive..
  • edseds0 Posts: 0Member
    looking good :thumb:
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    Nice start! :)
    i hope you are creating an high poly version for close up shots!!!
    btw, great start!!!
  • PerfectAgent007PerfectAgent007331 Posts: 0Member
    I can tell already this is gonna shape up beautifully. Can't wait to see your next update! :thumb:
    eds wrote: »
    looking good :thumb:
    Thank you!
    Davide_sd wrote: »
    Nice start! :)
    i hope you are creating an high poly version for close up shots!!!
    btw, great start!!!
    indeed i will def be using this to the limits of my computers capabilities in and around the 3million mark :thumb:

andthank you glad you are liking it ;)
    I can tell already this is gonna shape up beautifully. Can't wait to see your next update! :thumb:
    Thank you!
    well you wont have to wait for very long.

Update

added more stuff redid some etc..
    loving the feedback Thanks people!

update soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Good start. Keep at it. And no, I don't think this will be your last version. Each time you refine your technique, and get better.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    In some respects, the layered look of the Destiny reminds me a little of the old Draconia from Gil's Buck Rogers
    Nick R. wrote: »
    Good start. Keep at it. And no, I don't think this will be your last version. Each time you refine your technique, and get better.
    thank you! and yes i allways finish my meshes.
    and i donno id like to think this will be the last that i build from the ground up.
    publiusr wrote: »
    In some respects, the layered look of the Destiny reminds me a little of the old Draconia from Gil's Buck Rogers
    I like the layered look.
    havnt seen the draconia.

Update:

the base edges are pretty much done.
    i still have to add some greebles in some places and i have to fit the nose slightly better but im pretty much ready to start detailing the flat parts.
  • AeriesAeries1 Posts: 0Member
    Very impressive work on one of my favorite scifi ships of all time. Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see more. :]
    Are these your own greebles or did you select them from a pack?

Just noticed your sig for the first time. I hereby reject your reality and substitute Adam Savage's. :p
    Aeries wrote: »
    Very impressive work on one of my favorite scifi ships of all time. Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see more. :]
    Thank you! and you wont have to wait very long ;)
    Are these your own greebles or did you select them from a pack?

Just noticed your sig for the first time. I hereby reject your reality and substitute Adam Savage's. :p
    Everthing you see in my Meshes is made by me from scratch so no packs.

And yeah lol a saying that has served me well ;)
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    looks good, how did you find the transition from SU to modo how long did it take to get into modo?
    liam887 wrote: »
    looks good, how did you find the transition from SU to modo how long did it take to get into modo?
    Thank you!

well i found the transition almost a breeze sure there were some question marks but i managed to overcome em thru the tried and tested trial and error method.

all in all i took me about a week to get into the software learn what does what etc most of my skills were learned when i built my ironman suit a couple of weeks ago.

and trust me im happy i made the switch and as i am now in love with modo i hate sketchup with a passion :P

Update:

greeblefest continues 1.6million polys.
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    well those are some impressive results after only a few weeks! I think ill give it a go
    liam887 wrote: »
    well those are some impressive results after only a few weeks! I think ill give it a go
    Indeed using and learning modo has def help me leep a few lightyears with my skills ;)

Indeed i recomend you check it out
    imo the UI and UI design makes it simple and stylish to use and all the tools are understandable and easily accsessed key shorts etc modo also has a built in UV texturing system aswell as advanced subD modeling tools so organics is so simple its silly really the renderer isnt to shabby either and the only real thing missing to make modo a complete CG tool is a particle system.

there are also some very good thourough tutorials out there for free so be sure to google and check em out.
    im living proof that Sketchup can be washed out of ones brain ;)
    More pipes more greebles
  • NightShadowNightShadow10 Posts: 0Member
    Very impressive work here. Looks like a processor hog, though- impractical for general use. But a nice bit of artwork nonetheless- and skillfully done!
  • soulburn3dsoulburn3d1 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent work so far. This is coming together fast, you must have some time off :)

- Neil
    Very impressive work here. Looks like a processor hog, though- impractical for general use. But a nice bit of artwork nonetheless- and skillfully done!
    thank you! actually it isnt to bad my atlantis is much worse at 2.8 million polys and this is currently ony 1.7million so it still reads and renders like a breeze ;)
    and the original show version is close to 3.8million and they make great use of it so i cant relate to the impractical comment at all.
    soulburn3d wrote: »
    Excellent work so far. This is coming together fast, you must have some time off :)

- Neil
    Thank you :)
    im unemployed atm so i have lots and lots of time but ive only spent about 2 hours a day on it the past week .
    Ive been told i work very fast ;)
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    wow this is really coming a long well, Excellent work:thumb:
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Without the greebles, it almost looks like the blade from The Pit and The Pendulum
    Ice-Dragon wrote: »
    wow this is really coming a long well, Excellent work:thumb:

Thank you!

Update time..

enjoy.
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    that's an interesting design, I never liked the old primatives with greebles you used to see in stargate
    This thing just amazes me every time I check back here. Have to wonder, what are you using for references? Any blueprints or the like out there or are you just going on screenshots from SyFy HD?
    This thing just amazes me every time I check back here. Have to wonder, what are you using for references? Any blueprints or the like out there or are you just going on screenshots from SyFy HD?
    Thank you!

well mostly syfy HD screencaps that ive made myself so no schematics

Update

still have some modeling to do but i couldnt help experimenting with some textures..
  • ChrisTOPherChrisTOPher0 Posts: 0Member
    i have to say it, FINALLY!! someone got the Nose of Destiny right.
    im a huge Stargate nut so i spend alot of time looking at the ships of the SG universe.
    i've noticed in alot of recreations of this ship have way to narrow of a nose, but yours looks almost perfect.
    im definitely gonna have to keep an eye on this piece :P

btw no offense meant to anyone who has or is currently working on a Destiny model, you're way better then me anyway lol
  • jutaujutau0 Posts: 0Member
    Great work! I love this ship.
    i have to say it, FINALLY!! someone got the Nose of Destiny right.
    im a huge Stargate nut so i spend alot of time looking at the ships of the SG universe.
    i've noticed in alot of recreations of this ship have way to narrow of a nose, but yours looks almost perfect.
    im definitely gonna have to keep an eye on this piece :P

btw no offense meant to anyone who has or is currently working on a Destiny model, you're way better then me anyway lol
    well the nose (im guessing you are looking at the bow pics.) and the nose all depends on what camera lens you are using and its clearly evident by what has been seen in the show that they change this on the needs of the particular scene so dont trust A pic look at several.
    jutau wrote: »
    Great work! I love this ship.

Thank you