Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DOmni's Stargate stuff

• BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    Nick R. wrote: »
    Just how big is Atlantis supposed to be? I keep thinking three Manhatten islands...

About 3km across.
    Or thereabouts.
    I was once talking to Bruce Woloshyn, and he said they constructed a brand new high res mesh of one of the piers for the scene when the Daedalus landed in the water next to one of the outer piers.
    So, roughly 3000m across.
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    <:K.I.S:> wrote: »
    I like the atlantis model, however the central spier is bugging me as it doesnt look quite right.
    Otherwise great work :thumb:
    Thanks.
    asddsa0147 wrote: »
    I want that hyperspace window effect!!!! Seriously, I wonder how you made that. I've tried to make one myself but mine is very far from good... What program you used to make it and how?
    Anyway your ship's nice.:thumb:
    you do eh? lol
    well its made up of 3 sprite particles thar rotate and scale up and down and that how it comes out animated.

i used Lightwaves particle system to make and animate it.

update.

alot has changed.
  • Puddle_JumperPuddle_Jumper171 Posts: 0Member
    kool desteny.
    kool desteny.

which one?
    i have made several.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    good stuff mate. I likes it a lots ;)
    omnipotent wrote: »
    which one?
    i have made several.

the one that is in this thread, unless there is more then one here..

btw i was just wondering but do you ever release your meshes and or take render requests?
    good stuff mate. I likes it a lots ;)
    Thanks mate! gald you like what you see ;)
    the one that is in this thread, unless there is more then one here..

btw i was just wondering but do you ever release your meshes and or take render requests?
    I think there are 3 dif destinys of mine in this thread... altho i could be wrong..

And yes i do release meshes at times and i just rescently released my older meshses that was made with sketchup all in one pack which contains Destiny Atlantis and deadalus in .skp .obj and .lwo formats
    they can be found here in the download section but you need to be a member first.
    Thanks mate! gald you like what you see ;)

I think there are 3 dif destinys of mine in this thread... altho i could be wrong..

And yes i do release meshes at times and i just rescently released my older meshses that was made with sketchup all in one pack which contains Destiny Atlantis and deadalus in .skp .obj and .lwo formats
    they can be found here in the download section but you need to be a member first.

kool i will have to have a look here today.. oh what is your curent version of the desteny look like?
    also have you ever though of doing any wraith ships or making the rainmaker atlantis?
    Just how big is Atlantis supposed to be? I keep thinking three Manhatten islands...

Dimensions
    Length 2,850m (9,348ft.)
    With 2,850m (9,348ft.)
    Height 950m (3,116ft.) 470 meters central spire tip top to water

based off the rain maker atlantis ie the real one imo
    kool i will have to have a look here today.. oh what is your curent version of the desteny look like?
    also have you ever though of doing any wraith ships or making the rainmaker atlantis?

my latest destiny looks like destiny.
    and i already HAVE made the rainmaker s1 model of atlantis.
    Dimensions
    Length 2,850m (9,348ft.)
    With 2,850m (9,348ft.)
    Height 950m (3,116ft.) 470 meters central spire tip top to water

based off the rain maker atlantis ie the real one imo

and your sources for these claims are?
    and your sources for these claims are?

using known sizes of people, doors, and belkenys. it took me several years to come to this.

by what dose your current version of destiny look like i was meaning witch one is it in the renders of here?

do you happen to have a link to some renders of you rainmaker Atlantis?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Yet we have seen the variuos Earth ships land upon Atlantis, not sit next to it in the water.
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    Yet we have seen the variuos Earth ships land upon Atlantis, not sit next to it in the water.

Nope.
    The Daedalus landed on the water next to the pier.
    I think it's the Siege pt II. If you check, you'll see the ship kicking up a lof of spray as it lowers to the water.
    Bruce Woloshyn once laughed when i told him there were people who though the D landed on the city. His statement was: "Where is there a big enough place for it to land??? And if it did, the city would tip over!!!"
    I have a framed render of the ship landing on the water on my room wall that Bruce gave me.
    It landed on the water, dude, trust me.
    i know that the Daedalus is around
    Dimensions
    Length 425m (1,394ft.)
    With 200m (656ft.)
    Height 75m (246ft)

based off of 302 size and other things.

and given i know a Nimuts class aircraft carier is around 90,000 tons i would say the Daedalus is 2 to 3 times that because of its over all greater mass

and given that Atlantis is flooded in aria's and riding low in the water it is safe to say she would topel over if it did land on one of the pears
    just a FYI on my ship specs for the Daedalus class includes the antna's on the front

same for my atlantis it includes the center spires censer arrays
  • edseds0 Posts: 0Member
    indeed the daedalus lands in the water but inbetween two piers as you can see in this image stargate_22_1600x1200.jpg
    Okay, I hadn't seen that level of detail before.
    You do nice work Omni Keep it up
    tarrat wrote: »
    You do nice work Omni Keep it up

Thank you :)
    and i am currently redoing destiny.
    it has its own thread here and elsewhere :P
    Hello I found your great Puddle Jumper model while browsing for material for a mod. I think it's amazing and i'd like to use it for a mod in gmod; the stargate mod. we are building a pack including the jumper and are struggling to find/make a good jumper model. So I want to ask you can we use yours, you will be highly credited, the stargate mod is very popular and you will practicaly become famous! hehe. please email me or make a post here to notify me of your decision! Thanks, please please please reply
    Update on the 304
    redoing textures shapes and lighting... (still a WIP)
    some pics from an animation currently rendering.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/175583406/Daedalus_update_5_Animtest_by_AlxShipyards.jpg

http://www.deviantart.com/download/175585600/Daedalus_update_5_Anim_closeup_by_AlxShipyards.jpg

and some animation tests with the ship.

The ship has now been tweaked and remodeled to some extent aswell as retextured and the lighting rig is heavily updated.

anyway i am chasing the realistic "show" look if you will and imo im pretty close atm what do you think?
    here is the finished short 304 scene:

here is a quick look at my new wraith cruiser.
    "Lances of doom"

the explosion and beam targeting still needs some attention.
    ok not much intrest in anims i guess so here is a still image from a new anim setup instead.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Don't mind them, they're just jealous because you do all this fantastic work in no time :thumb:
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Well I must admit that I watched the videos but they are really good and I forgot to say anything about them just because there's nothing to complain about :D The new ship is very impressive and the animation will be really great if you fix the small quirks. Looking forward to seeing more :thumb:
    Melak wrote: »
    Don't mind them, they're just jealous because you do all this fantastic work in no time :thumb:
    Duly noted..
    And thanks!
    Well I must admit that I watched the videos but they are really good and I forgot to say anything about them just because there's nothing to complain about :D The new ship is very impressive and the animation will be really great if you fix the small quirks. Looking forward to seeing more :thumb:
    lol lurker :P glad you like!

Ok this is the continuation pic of the Scene wip from my last post however this pic is a botched render with quite a few flaws like: no motion blur, missing missle trail, no engine "Flare", no wraith weapons fire, dart explosion flare not in the right location etc but i did fix most of this and was in a process of rendering it when LW suddenly chrashed and the scene was gone as i wasnt smart enough to save and i spent to much time on the scene not to show it off.
    here is a peek at a missle trail experiment of mine..