Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSnipeStar Artemis

13»

• L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    update.
    little lights and global polygon optimization. won 45.000 poly. i'm 535k poly now.

edit : 3rd image atached
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Nice boomstick!
    some little more details
    57286.jpg57287.jpg
    43.jpg 18.2K
    44.jpg 18.3K
    starting to UV

i made a side to side clay render with my old parallax (space stealth awacs).
    they are meant to work together.
    the awacs patrols discreetly the zone, gathering data, then jump back out of dradis range, feeding the firing squad with tactical data.
    firing squads are usually composed with 8 snipestars and one blinkspark (awacs)
    58208.jpg58209.jpg
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Nice pair-up. I do love the industrial level of detailing you're putting it in. Somehow, coiling cables always do the trick...
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    hmmmmm great work both ships look great
  • TugarTugar171 Posts: 0Member
    Your work is great. The ship looks awesome and you are to be praised. Now that is out of the way, I have a few....things that bug me about the design.

The gun is fixed. That means it cannot swing the gun at the basestar that just jumped into the system at the other angle. For it's size it also better be recoiless or I can see the gun ripping the ship apart from shear forces.

The other thing is I see nothing to prevent the Cylons from jumping in a few hundred fighters to blow that thing into itty bitty pieces. Fairly easy to project where the shot came from even with today's technology. Bullets generally do not curve.

It's either that or it must fire with it's FTL on standby. Snipers take one shot then move or they get killed.
  • Pretty impressive work. It makes me want to improve my greeble skills a lot!
    :)
    the idea of this was more like a ship mounted on a gun than a gun mounted on a ship.
    all of the targeting tweeks are done entirely by thrusters.
    its made for ambushes and for battlefield artillery support. no need of advanced combat abilities. shoot and fly.
    for battlefield artillery, i was thinking of doing a shieldstar. a ship mounted on a huge metal plate, big enough to hide and protect one ship on both side. of course the shields would be filled with flak guns

about the recoil... the ship just allows the gun to move in space. even if the center of mass is not located on the gun itself, its not massive enough to oppose a suficient force to the recoil to be ripped off. theres no kind of inertial suppressors or any of the trek magic. the ship simply follows the violent recoil. the crew need to lock themselves in security seats before shooting. of course, theres nothing not strongly secured to the walls or floor.

cylons are welcomed to send in fighters. they have an idea of the direction, but not of the distance. fighters will have to make several jumps before finding it.
    just enough time to warm up the FTL drive. and if they find it before the ftl is ready, well, they have bad luck.
  • moebiusmoebius0 Posts: 0Member
    Brilliant little concept... I like the design and I admire the execution... even in the untextured mesh version you can see how everything really comes together.

Cheers! A— MA?e
    its been a while and this is a great ship I hope she's not dead hope to see her finished
    hi folk !

long time no updates, i never fully textured the ship.

aylaa, you can see the snipestar in action right here ;)
    www.nicepixel.eu/preview/snipeH.mov

i decided to reuse the frame of this ship and convert it into a more practical multi purpose small ship.
    so i'm going to stick a few gun turrets on it. mainly on the belly.
    i'll amput the snipe and the scope to have a nice leveled plane to plant the guns.

these guns. pretty much the sames as the galactica. maybe my details are a bit differents, but who cares?

gun01.jpg
    gun02.jpg

1st test. this is the belly.

long01.jpg
    my friend its really been a long time since I've seen work here and the new uptades are great one of the things that make most bsg models unique is that every artist gives his creation their special touch and yours is no diffrent great work there pal
  • backsteptbackstept2017 Posts: 918Member
    awesome video man!
  • stephan_skastephan_ska171 Posts: 0Member
    The vid. is frakking great !!
    TY for sharing it.

S.
  • rms8_347rms8_347333 Posts: 48Member
    *** W O W ***

That Vid was absolutely amazing. I felt an overwhelming feeling that goes hand in hand with watching BSG!

Wish you could do more with that strikestar. More videos would be awesome, or just a longer version of the one above sweeping across that strikestar.

Truly amazing work!
    :D thanx guys. glad you like it.

strikestar, i like that name.
    the scale details now doesnt fit. the guns are a lot more detailed than the ship.
    i think i'll have to armor it, in the galactica full plated style.
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    awesome video :thumb: It's good to see you reusing this ship and taking it in a new direction, I look forward to seeing more
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, that was incredible. I love the way the atmosphere was dragged along with the ship. And just the kind of shot I'd expect to see in BSG. :)
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Whoah the vid is absolutely stunning, just like Pearse said, the way Artemis "pulled" the cloud is brilliant. Can't wait to see more ! :thumb:
    thanks guys ;)
    the cloud/atmosphere effect was inspired from trek11 :D
    thank you fumefx :D

some time without updates.
    i'm starting the textures on the turret

gun03.jpg
    gun04.jpg
    gun05.jpg
    update : canon texture.
    and rig !
    i'm having troubles to link the muzzel flash to the recoil sequence. if i tell him the fash apears from 99% to 70% of the recoil, the flash shows up also when the gun come back in place...

gun06.jpg
    gun07.jpg
    gun09.jpg
    gun08.jpg
    action scene test :)

gun10.jpg