Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy WIPs

• SuricataSuricata0 Posts: 0Member
    From what I can see, so far Cryptic have used a fair few of Eaves and Dennings designs, so hopefully all the stuff Eaves is releasing now will be in the game.

Really liking how this mesh is progressing, about time we hadan engineering ship :-)
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    It's a really nice ship, but for the life of me I can't figure out how the curvy cutout on the underside of the nacelle pylons is supposed to look like in 3d, even with looking at the orthos. :)

Man, John Eaves' stuff rocks. I should start on one -- maybe I'll model the USS Sea Breeze, just to be a wierdo. :P
  • StarshipStarship476 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,985Member
    Melak wrote: »
    A wireframe, your wish is my command :cool:
    Basically I just created a cylinder, deformed it, and deleted half of it for the front. Extruded straight to the back and cut in the cutouts manually.

Suricata: And then we can show Cryptic what they are missing out on, having dumped or redesigned Eaves' ships :p

Thanks! :)
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    There aren't many of these around, fewer publicly available ones, and even fewer good ones so I started working on my very own Spacedock model.

spacedock_001.jpg

Docking bays are going to go in all the places where I stuck green boxes, I positioned them as accurately as possible.

Here's a quick fly-around I rendered: YouTube - Spacedock 720p H.264 MKV Test

And two images I did for fun because I wondered by how much exactly the D didn't fit in the spacedock :D (I think I still have the doors too wide / spacedock's scale too small)

1701_fit.jpg

1701D_nofit.jpg

So far most objects are placeholders, but I'm replacing them now with the proper ones and I hope to add detail soon.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    So not modelling the Nova anymore ? :D Ok back to the ground, the model looks great so far but I think that applies to everything you did recently ... Looking forward to seeing more ! :thumb:
    Oh by the way, don't tell me you did the Enterprises too !
  • SastreiSastrei171 Posts: 0Member
    Are you going to scale the whole spacedock up to stuff the Ent-D inside, or just widen the doors and keep it the original scale?

-Stefan-
    Oh, I have no intention of making it fit for the big D, I was just curious :p

Somacruz: Thanks :D, and no those aren't my Enterprises. I'll add credit where it's due.
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks like a cracking start to your Spacedock model:thumb:
    Whee, it's been a while. Too long actually, so here is something new!
    76582.jpg76583.jpg
    Looks like you're modelling a new mesh every time you write a post :p The shuttle is looking really good, it would be nice to see it finished :thumb:
  • DmitriDmitri331 Posts: 0Member
    Looks good. I'm not sure if this would be helpful, but this link has some of the concept art created for the shuttle. Cheers!
    Yeah I'm working off of those, with some twists of my own thrown in. Thanks for posting them anyway :)
  • fluxfirefluxfire181 Posts: 604Member
    Nice to see you modeling some thing again :D

Not as big of an update as I had hoped, but an update nonetheless.

Also a cutaway to show what kind of scale I'm going for, the guy is 1.80m tall. I was positively surprised to find room left for the warp core and shield generator below and above the habitable area :D
    76692.jpg76693.jpg
  • unusualsuspexunusualsuspex331 Norfolk UKPosts: 0Member
    I SOOOO wish I had 1% of the talent you guys exhibit! :(

Nice to watch these projects grow, keep going!
    Thanks, but all the talent in the world is useless if you can't finish something :shiner:

Minor progress, but progress none the less.
    Warning, the following pictures are very WIP, and might not be suitable for all audiences ;)
    77093.jpg77094.jpg
    Ahh my eyes !!! :mad:

just joking :p

That's a really good-looking mesh Leon :D It would be really nice having it fly alongside your Nova class !
  • StarshipStarship476 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,985Member
    You must finish something Leon! Talent, no doubt you have.
    I already finished one. :D Now, IA’m fighting to finish one more.:lol:
  • FreakFreak1090 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very nice work.

I know what it like not to finished something. I got a HD full of unfinihsed models.
    I only now stating to textuer the ones I have finsihed building.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    nice work.
  • unusualsuspexunusualsuspex331 Norfolk UKPosts: 0Member
    Melak wrote: »
    Thanks, but all the talent in the world is useless if you can't finish something :shiner:

Remember the old (and in this case distorted!) saying:

It is better to have started a model and not finished,
    than never to have started at all!
    :lol:

(Shakespeare I'm not :rolleyes:)
    Hehe thanks :D

Tiny update to the sliced open view, just for fun :)
    Shuttle_WIP_Cutaway_by_Melak47.jpg
    Hurr Durr...something new!
    Very early stages still, but I thought I might post it while it lasts :D

Image is a bit on the large side, with nothing much to see yet.

attachment.php?attachmentid=79859&stc=1&d=1268931265
    clicky
    Was ist das Leon ? :D Still trek stuff ?
    Oops, haha...yeah still trek stuff, of course :P
    It's a manned subspace comm relay station, was seen in TNG Season 6 or 7.
    It also doubled as the crystasis pod thing with the 20th century jerks in season 1.
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    Relay Station 47 looks good so far. I tried building it a few years ago with more detail than the original model had. Too bad I lost it when my HD crashed on me.
    Thanks Fozz! Losing models sucks, I know what that feels like :(

So this thing us supposed to hold the set seen on TNG, plus a type 15(?) cardboard shuttle somewhere. I'm open to suggestions regarding the location :D
  • FreakFreak1090 Posts: 4,361Member
    Looks like a nice start. I would put the shuttle bay at the top, in that round bit.

Little update on the shuttle (yes it's still going :P)

Shuttle_WIP_by_Melak47.jpg

While working on the shuttle, I was thinking about how I could keep the relay station as small as possible and still fit the shuttle in there. Since the feds have all kinda fancy gravity tech; I thought separating hangar and habitat like this might work:

Relay_Station_47_WIP_2_by_Melak47.jpg
    79703.jpg79704.jpg
    That's looking really good so far :thumb: Love the shuttle, it's one of my favs.