Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DDark Mirror Universe WIP

• Jimi JamesJimi James0 Posts: 0Member
    I preferred Curtis actually. Nice work on the character drawing though.
  • Dark SaberDark Saber1 Posts: 0Member
    Well it has been a while since I have posted any new Imperial starship designs. Here is my take on a Peregrine (Bird of Prey) class starship. I would like to present the I.S.S. Kestrel.

I.S.S.Kestrel.jpg
  • FreakFreak1090 Posts: 4,361Member
    I can see where you are coming from with this ship, but have to say in MHO, I don't like it. I don't think the Empire would be infulanced by the Romulans unless it was an advacment on what they where all ready doing.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Cunning idea, but as Freak said, not quite the Empires way. They're too bold of their style to blandly adapt style from another empire - let alone a hostile one.
  • 3D Master3D Master171 Posts: 0Member
    It is an advancement for a design they are already doing. Miranda, Centaur anyone? In fact, originally in the script for Balance of Terror, there was a plot point that the Romulan ship was either a fully Federation ship, or heavily based upon a Federation ship. The Federation, and thus by extension, the Empire has those kinds of ships.

Which you can see, I might add. Pure Romulan designs are quite different from the original Romulan Bird of Prey. The movie era Romulan's Bird of Prey (the Klingon one was designed to be a Romulan ship, the bad guys switched to Klingons and the designers already had the Romulan ship designed, and realized since the Romulans used Klingon designs in the series, and thus had a brief alliance, the Romulan Bird of Prey could be the Klingon Bird of Prey and they didn't need to make a new design), and the TNG era Romulan Warbird are very very different from the TOS Romulan Bird of Prey, which looks a lot like what a Federation ship would look like.
    This attached link is where I got the Idea for the Kestrel. Along with the BOP from Enterprise.

http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/frigate_peregrine.jpg
  • YarFanYarFan0 Posts: 0Member
    I for one, like it.
    Since I had surgery on my hand I haven't been keeping up with posting my sketches from this summer.
    So here is the first batch. I decided to split them into Trek and non-Trek Sketch Dumps. As you can tell this is the Trek Dump.

My surgery happened on 6-25-09 so July was a Light sketch month.
    Enjoy and I will post the other No-Trek Sketches later this week.

Sean Tourangeau 2009

MirrorTrek2009.jpg
    Here is another Titan of Two Worlds Comic Cover.

I am still working on the Federation Universe Version of
    this image, but I figured I would post the Dark Mirror version for everyone.

This Features Lt. Christine Vale.
    In the normal Federation Universe she is a commander and
    first officer of the U.S.S. Titan.
    But in Dark Mirror Universe she was not offered that posting, but
    She was made a full LT. and is head of the
    I.S.S. Titan's Security Teams.

I based this image off of Katie Sackoff. I have always invisioned her as a good fit for the character of Vale.

Vale Hand Drawn and Colored in Photoshop CS3
    I.S.S. Titan Bridge Created in Adobe Illustrator CS3

Sean Tourangeau 2009

MirrorLt.Vale.jpg
    Here is the Federation version of the Titan of Two Worlds Cover. This one features the Titan's first officer Commander Christine Vale.

Illustration by Sean Tourangeau
    U.S.S Titan Bridge Created by Sean Tourangeau in Adobe Illustrator CS3

CommanderVale.jpg

Here are both sides of the Coin Together. I give a Titan Of Two Worlds 2

Sean Tourangeau 2009

Titan_Of_Two_Worlds2.jpg
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    Nice! Those would make awesome covers for a Titan comic book series (hint, hint :D)

Is she based on anyone in particular, or just decriptions from the books?
    Katie "Starbuck" Sackoff
  • SDGreywolfSDGreywolf0 Posts: 0Member
    For the "Mirror" Vale, she should have a cigar or cigarette smoldering in her mouth to complete the picture
    Hm, I agree and disagree here. She doesn't need any smoking stuff (unless said stuff is a gun...) as that wouldn't match up at all. But she's certainly missing something to complete the image of the evil "twin".
    Raven Class Imperial Heavy Cruiser
    I.S.S. Raven's Blood
    NCC-80250

When Imperial Designers where coming up with the design for the Raven class Imperial Cruiser, they looked back to a design that serve the Empire with honor from over a century into the past. They decided to work with updating the Constitution class to fit with in the Terran Empire off today. They started with the same basic space frame, but upgraded the phaser capacity and Photon Torpedo availability. With the same basic size and warp capability of the Constitution class of the Past the Raven Class hopes to have the same durability and strength so that it will serve the Imperial Fleet for many years to come.

*Designers Note. Yes this is pretty much a kit bash of the Constitution Class and my Kestrel Class. I pretty much just swapped out the Nacelles, added phaser strips and a few life pods. Not very creative, but I kinda like how she turned out.

THe Raven's Blood was created in Adobe Illustrator CS3
    Sean Tourangeau 2009

I.S.S.RavensBlood.jpg
  • miss deemiss dee0 Posts: 0Member
    Does she have an Aft view?
    IMPressive! :thumb:
  • Capt. Eric GardnerCapt. Eric Gardner339 Posts: 109Member
    I love the design...but....shouldn't the registry be..curved? It IS the revamped Connie.
    I like it, it works really well.
    Raven Class Heavy Cruiser
    U.S.S. Raven
    NCC-80250

Here is the Federation Version of the Raven Class, as requested here and on a few other sites

*Designers Note. Yes this is pretty much a kit bash of the Constitution Class and my Kestrel Class.
    I pretty much just swapped out the Nacelles, added phaser strips and a few life pods. Not very creative, but I kinda like how she turned out.

And with the Imperial hardware taken off the Raven has even more of a Constitution Apperance.

The Raven was created in Adobe Illustrator CS3
    Sean Tourangeau 2009

U.S.S.Raven.jpg
    you know for a updated version of the ENT, that woulld have looked better in the new film, than the one we got.
    I really agree!

Nice work, Sean. :)
    thanks guys. I am honored that you would think that.
    Not new designs, but a new look for acouple of my firtst designs. I decided to change the backgrounds to fit in with the rest of my Dark Mirror Fleet Images.

Also attached is a image of all my Completed Dark Mirror Starships
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    I love those Evil universe logos, they're just so over-the-top badass. :D

re: Commander Vale from the last page, I thought she looked familiar.

Maybe make her "sophisticated evil" and give her one of those long skinny cigarette holders. :)
    she doesn't have to smoke to be evil.
    Aye. :)
    I love that pic of all your ships.
    Here is the first WIP shot of my next Imperial Starship. Some of you may remeber the sketches I did for a Spartan class Starship. Well here is the
    first look at it in vector format. Enjoy.

Sean
    Update: 10-13 3pm
    Updated image with final top view and added Registry
    NCC-80300
    Ships Moto - "Tonight We Dine In Hell!"