Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Enterprise Star Trek 2009

• PixelMagicPixelMagic473 Posts: 663Member
    I don't know how I feel about blue ramscoops. It may be too much blue.

More reference from the toy fair...

IMG_9825.jpg

:p
  • PromusPromus0 Posts: 0Member
    Funny how the packaging already claims it's a "hit movie." :lol:
  • JohnnyMuffintopJohnnyMuffintop173 Posts: 0Member
    Fantastic work Tobias!
    I'd love to see an animation of the Kelvin and the Enterprise in combat.
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter334 Posts: 0Member
    I fixed the last issues - found a nice solution for the copper deflector (a transparent blueish glowing halfsphere does the blending trick very well). I also added some interiors - funny how a model suddenly awakens when you do that - and did some other tweaks and twists.

Here is a first render, more to follow tomorrow or monday.

1920x1200 and 1280x1024
  • i have no idea why people say that it is a horible design, that ship is beautiful ;)
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    I fixed the last issues - found a nice solution for the copper deflector (a transparent blueish glowing halfsphere does the blending trick very well). I also added some interiors - funny how a model suddenly awakens when you do that - and did some other tweaks and twists.

Here is a first render, more to follow tomorrow or monday.

1920x1200 and 1280x1024
    Wow, that's beautiful. It appears I have a new desktop image.

Anyone who doesn't like this ship is nuts. :)
  • thorstenthorsten0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks amazing, Tobias, thanks!
  • Shadowknight1Shadowknight10 Posts: 0Member
    Agreed. New desktop for me as well it seems. Beautiful work. Absolutely gorgeous.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Awesome Tobias!
  • Mr. WildeMr. Wilde197 Posts: 121Member
    Excellent. Now do the beauty version of it. ;) Just kidding. ;)

It's really just the position of the secondary hull, not even it's shape or size.
    65090.jpg
  • TriggerManTriggerMan0 Posts: 0Member
    Terrific Tobias.

Though I do have to ask... What is the black blotch of ink is inside the nacelle caps there? ;)
  • zillabeastzillabeast335 Posts: 28Member
    Instant desktop. I just melted.
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    fantastic picture!!!
  • OneBuckFilmsOneBuckFilms171 Posts: 0Member
    Great work Tobias !!!
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    We're all running out of ways to say that you're awesome. :D
  • Like what you did with the deflector.

Do you happen to have any models of the classic TOS ship?
    I'd love to see this thing flying with the old ship in such quality. Would totally make my day!

I am also confused about the blackness in the caps though.
  • SarvekSarvek0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh my God. My jaw just hits the floor. Totally fantastic work. I am in awe of this work. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann826 Posts: 1,389Member
    I also second the hope to see Enterprise vs Kelvin animation... your E is so fantastic, we gotta see it in action.

Chris
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter334 Posts: 0Member
    thanks for the praise :) always welcome!

The black "blob" is the reflection of space. The surrounding white reflection is coming from the shined on inner surface of the nacelle housing. Which it shouldnA’t :mad: Forgot one click - fixed no - updated the pictures

I have a rather outdated model of the TOS E. I might throw them to make a pic together someday.

And donA’t worry, an animation will come... just may take some time.
  • ifko76ifko760 Posts: 0Member
    I think its great. The best of TOS, 80's movies, and sleeker 2009 design. I dont know how they could keep canon, draw new viewers as well as reboot it any better than they are doing it. I have all the old movies through Nemesis and I love them but I still cant wait for the new and improved reboot. Bring on the action, special effects, and CGI!!!
  • BlueArrowBlueArrow331 Posts: 0Member
    Tobias,

You did an awesome job on the new Enterprise! I showed your work to a good friend of mine the other day, keep in mind this guy was opposed to the new look of the ship, and looked at me saying... "You know, the more I see of this thing the more I like it... It deserves a second chance."

He's hardheaded so you've done a miracle! Again... Awesome job!
    thanks for the praise :) always welcome!

The black "blob" is the reflection of space. The surrounding white reflection is coming from the shined on inner surface of the nacelle housing. Which it shouldnA’t :mad: Forgot one click - fixed no - updated the pictures

Personally as a friendly suggestion, I would just leave it out as it looked like the illumination coming from behind that the blob could be a stunning effect, especially as a blue nacelle. For a reflection I am not sure if the blob looks natural though. Or if you are still looking for a reflection, if there is anyway to increase the reflection on the nacelle cap and completely fill that blob in, possibly to get some of the hull reflecting off the glass that would be cool. The nacelle caps in the Paramount photo looked very glassy and very opaque, though I'm sure that is because the Bussards were in power down mode.

Sorry, don't think I'm nitpicking or saying anything is wrong, I LOVE this. This view certainly has me sold and sets nicely on my desktop! But if I had to change anything, it would be getting rid of those black blobs and illuminating the nacelle caps like before or just filling them in all the way completely. Your model though. And I only wish I had a 10th the skill you do at this.

Though on that note, it would be nice to get final confirmation if the nacelle caps glow blue or red or not! But I wouldn't mind blue come to think of it after this photo.
  • Astounding work Tobias! It is a joy to see the new big E when so little else is available yet. Your desktop compositions are most excellent sir!

Personally I love the new muscular design, the lines and weight of it give me a strong impression of the power and speed of the ship almost like its permanently distorted from dropping out of warp.
    I'm expecting this design will really come into its own when in motion. Can't wait!
    In response to the bussard collectors, here's the breakdown. They are at low power, but they DO have a blue glow. But there is also a reflection, which gives that odd "chrome" feel that people always talk about. That reflection is of our own big blue marble, aka Earth. Here's a pic to show what I mean.

Also, I'm not trying to nitpick, your work is excellent Tobias. I just felt it needed to be brought up.
    65160.jpg
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Aww so the buzzard don't glow red :(
    Blue is the new red. :p Seriously, I've never understood the over-red-ness of some things. Take Sith lightsabers for example. They're supposed to be some of the most powerful lightsabers in the SW universe, but they use the weakest color in the light spectrum. The same with powerful engines. The impulse engines and the bussards have always been red, the weakest color. Blue is one of the brightest and more powerful colors. I say give blue a chance.

Plus, blue's my fav color. :p
  • thanks for the praise :) always welcome!

I have a rather outdated model of the TOS E. I might throw them to make a pic together someday.

And donA’t worry, an animation will come... just may take some time.

Better :) Cool.

I'll be checking back often for the other stuff :D Excited.
    Aww so the buzzard don't glow red :(

At this point it is hard telling.
  • PromusPromus0 Posts: 0Member
    The impulse engines and the bussards have always been red...

That's not really an accurate statement. In TOS they weren't red, they were multi-colored (red, orange, purple, yellow, and yes, blue), all swirling around in there at once. I've always felt that those looked the most realistic and were the most visually interesting than the other kinds of "plasma-y" hydrogen scoops of TNG and beyond, which were always just a boring, plain, kinda cheesy red color.

As for the TOS impulse engines, we never saw those lit, so we don't know what color those would be (unless you count TOS-Remastered as a ret-con, which I do not - but even TOS-R showed the impulse engines as being orange). :)

Off topic, but this is my 100th post! w00t! :thumb:
  • BlueArrowBlueArrow331 Posts: 0Member
    Since everyone is raving about the color of the impulse engines... Ever notice how blue was used to represent "friendly" starships warp drive and green, yellow, and orange were used to signal an enemy ship?

As for the new Enterprise... I'm for everything being blue. It's a soft, yet powerful color.