Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCalling all Stargate Fans!

• RJBRJB201 Posts: 182Member
    freekzilla wrote: »
    hmmm, this is confusing. I still can't see anything. All there is is an empty blank light green box where the images should be. I see your name and the Profile, gallery, faves, journal tabs, but that's it.
    Maybe it's a web browser issue?

I know my friend is not a member can view it all fine.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    I'm not a member and see all the pictury goodness.
  • freekzillafreekzilla2 Posts: 0Member
    I had just thought of that too Mikala. And yup, it is. I use Netscape 8, cause of all the features it has, and I don't use Internet Exploder unless I absolutely have to. But NS8 has the ability to display like IE, so as soon as I changed the viewing mode from Firefox mode to IE mode, boom, there they were. And that's just really annoying if you ask me. To make a site that ONLY works with a specific web browser, HRMPH!. And yes, I do hate Internet Exploder. Hey Microsoft, :flippy:! lol.

Ok, now that I can see the images, yes very cool. Although, I do have my favorites,...the SG ones of course. :D
  • DingToDingTo0 Posts: 0Member
    I love this Thread...nice Pictures...bombastic!
    freekzilla wrote: »
    I had just thought of that too Mikala. And yup, it is. I use Netscape 8, cause of all the features it has, and I don't use Internet Exploder unless I absolutely have to. But NS8 has the ability to display like IE, so as soon as I changed the viewing mode from Firefox mode to IE mode, boom, there they were. And that's just really annoying if you ask me. To make a site that ONLY works with a specific web browser, HRMPH!. And yes, I do hate Internet Exploder. Hey Microsoft, :flippy:! lol.

Ok, now that I can see the images, yes very cool. Although, I do have my favorites,...the SG ones of course. :D
    I've used Firefox for the longest time with out a problem .... kind of odd.

Well I'm glad that you finally got to see them. :)
  • boberth2oboberth2o0 Posts: 0Member
    And now . . . . .a new model, the Inverness Fighter.

97-1.jpg
    boberth2o wrote: »

97-1.jpg
    Looking good boberth2o.
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Umm as much as i like this i can't help but think the join betrween the cockpit and the rest of the fighter looks a bit weak....

Still like it:lol:

Haven't started anything new this week.... Oh wait :rolleyes: I have:shiner:

No name.. yet-
    LRF6.jpg
    LRF5.jpg

It's designed to be a long range fighter/Bomber, I'm working on it having a Hyperdrive system that is taken from Lifeline and involves the same kinda thing done to the engines that McKay did... but it's been finalised and doesn't fail after one use. Not going to have it being able to jump Galaxies but it will be able to do a day or two Max in Hyperspace.

Crew of two, a few missiles underslung each wing, and maybe another weapon under the main hull, though i'm still workign on what that could be.

I'm actually just about to widen the hull a bit, just taken a second look and it's going to be a bit small for what i need to get in there....
  • on ur fighter bob, i agree with lee, the cockpit is wtflarge and doesnt seem to really fit with the rest of the fighter.

ive never been a fan of stargate general boxiness when it comes to our fighters either :( Its like all the technology and sleakness that came with the f-22 has been shot down in flames (on the show, not an insult to ur model or anything)
  • scorpiusscorpius332 Posts: 0Member
    Ahhhh and finally, I'm back online. My internet has been blocked since saturday but finally I got it sorted out this morning.
    RJB wrote: »
    I've used Firefox for the longest time with out a problem .... kind of odd.

Well I'm glad that you finally got to see them. :)

Same here, I've been using Firefox for years now and I have occasionally been on deviantART without any problems. And really nice images dude, I tried to view them on my phone (I use Opera Mini and that could view them, just not enlarge them) and they looked great, now I've seen them all in full size they're even better.
    boberth2o wrote: »

97-1.jpg

Really nice, although I echo what dr lee and carach said, the cockpit doesn't seem to fit the rest of the fighter.
    Dr Lee wrote: »

No name.. yet-
    LRF6.jpg
    LRF5.jpg

well it certainly says bomber to me, as always I look forward to seeing more on this.
    Carach wrote: »
    ive never been a fan of stargate general boxiness when it comes to our fighters either :( Its like all the technology and sleakness that came with the f-22 has been shot down in flames (on the show, not an insult to ur model or anything)

Yeah I couldn't agree more. It's not that I dislike the F-302s entirely, but it seems strange that you could take current US fighter designs (such as the F-22 and the F-35), mix in design elements from a Death Glider, and end up with the F-302.

I have been working on a couple of things over the past week. I've not got any pics handy at the moment but I'm going to render some out now, and I'll post them some time tonight.
    Umm as much as i like this i can't help but think the join betrween the cockpit and the rest of the fighter looks a bit weak....

Still like it:lol:

No name.. yet-
    LRF6.jpg
    LRF5.jpg

It's designed to be a long range fighter/Bomber, I'm working on it having a Hyperdrive system that is taken from Lifeline and involves the same kinda thing done to the engines that McKay did... but it's been finalised and doesn't fail after one use. Not going to have it being able to jump Galaxies but it will be able to do a day or two Max in Hyperspace.

Crew of two, a few missiles underslung each wing, and maybe another weapon under the main hull, though i'm still workign on what that could be.

I'm actually just about to widen the hull a bit, just taken a second look and it's going to be a bit small for what i need to get in there....

Nice start Dr. Lee. Only problem is it's REALLY hard to see. Still too dark.
    Really? ... I've doubled the light amounts recently

*Scratches head*
  • scorpiusscorpius332 Posts: 0Member
    i can see them all fine
  • i c them all fine
    A small update. Only started back on it today.

phoenixwip3b001bw3.th.jpg
    http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/443/phoenixwip3b001bw3.jpg

Can't wait till the 22nd then I'm off on holidays till the 3rd of next year.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Great stuff!
    I'm waiting for next Friday like a kid for summer holidays myself!
    mikala wrote: »
    Great stuff!
    I just hate the wait when you get down to the last week.
  • Wilson359Wilson3590 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good.
  • mikala wrote: »
    Great stuff!

*sigh* alright for SOME isn't it? :rolleyes:

there are some people who have to work all the way up to Christmas Day folks, ie: the people who work in retail and have to cope with the stressed out idiots who leave their christmas shopping too late and see it as OUR fault they can't get the stuff they need!!! :mad:

... ... ... god do i have issues :lol:

Great Stuff everyone :thumb: I'm hoping to catch up on my 3D projects at christmas, so finger crossed i'll be making more posts. :D

BTW:, RJB, why is there an egg timer on the bottom of your ship? :shiner: :p
    Choo1701 wrote: »
    BTW:, RJB, why is there an egg timer on the bottom of your ship? :shiner: :p
    It's part of my human / Asgard style I'm making. I still have to add some detail work to the inside of it yet.

WOW this thread is almost at 100 pages long.
  • TolbertTolbert331 Posts: 0Member
    Hey guys...

Sorry for the lack of updates last we. I finished the overal shape. Now more details and panneling, still a lot to do.. and a lot of time i need, as this thing has now 7.783 meters length. Im really seeing forward the day i try placing the railguns on it ... dont know if my pc is able to handle this :D

So, the Hives will have some serious problems with this baby and those Ori Toilettes too... ;)

leviathan01dv8.png
    leviathan02io1.png

As allways, thanks for comments and critics.

RJB, great pics in your gallery :) i like this B5 light EA cruiser...:thumb:
    and of course all the sg ships ;) Those other ships look great too, except they re not sg, some of them could bee a Genii design or of those Jonas Quinn (Kelovna?) guys, mybee... really love them :)
    7.783 meters? Do you mean miles? or 7783 meters?

Love the look of this and the way you've added the internal docks for your other ships.

Personaly i'd move the Bridge forwards a bit, maybe to the edge of it's level. That way it would have a clearer view over the nose of the ship.

By the way do you remember back when you posted the Fenris i asked about doing a 3D Max version?

Fenris70.jpg

Not done much on it for a long while and i still need to finish the rear end, But what do you think?
  • TolbertTolbert331 Posts: 0Member
    7.783 meters? Do you mean miles? or 7783 meters?

Love the look of this and the way you've added the internal docks for your other ships.

Personaly i'd move the Bridge forwards a bit, maybe to the edge of it's level. That way it would have a clearer view over the nose of the ship.

By the way do you remember back when you posted the Fenris i asked about doing a 3D Max version?

Uhh yeah, i mean meters, ignore this point in there ;)
    I ll give your idea with the bridge a try i think ;)

So, your Fenris version comes out very nice, i like it.
    How about now?

99.jpg
    Looks good. I'm guessing the point of the V there will be a vent of some sorts?
    Looks good. I'm guessing the point of the V there will be a vent of some sorts?

Do you mean the wings?
    I mean either side of the cockpit. The added bit above the rear of it has made a V shape along the sides.
    Oh, those arent vents is the side of the aircraft, the 'vent' is on the bottom, like on the f-18
    I was playing around the other night, and before I knew it, 20 minutes had passed and I had these built. Then I figured, why not give them a back story, it might be fun. Not much has been done in this area on the thread. It's been pretty much just all ships, and they have to fight with something right? Anyways....Just thought I'd toss this out for fun.

C&C's as always.
  • freekzilla wrote: »
    I was playing around the other night, and before I knew it, 20 minutes had passed and I had these built. Then I figured, why not give them a back story, it might be fun. Not much has been done in this area on the thread. It's been pretty much just all ships, and they have to fight with something right? Anyways....Just thought I'd toss this out for fun.

C&C's as always.
    Oooooo, very nice freak:thumb:, any chance I can order a few thousand of each for my ships?:D
This discussion has been closed.