Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCalling all Stargate Fans!

• Looks amazing:eek!::eek!:! Great work:eek:!
    **Yay! Now I'm signed up with photobucket:). Here are a couple of views of my ship so far.
    8a6ec397.jpg
    a4e4c5d7.jpg
    Thankfully it works:D
  • Wilson359Wilson3590 Posts: 0Member
    RJB wrote: »
    "gives Wilson359 a bucket"

Glad you like it. :)

:lol: Thanks couldn't find mine
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    RJB, great work!
    It's certainly very busy, and i cannot wait to see it with the panelling all done!
    Bar.
  • RJBRJB201 Posts: 182Member
    Bar wrote: »
    RJB, great work!
    It's certainly very busy, and i cannot wait to see it with the panelling all done!
    Bar.
    I guess all my designs are like that. lol Well I still have some details to add before I start paneling but right now I'm focusing on the front end so you should see more in the next few days.

I can't wait for my holidays. I'm going to go crazy modeling.
  • the big ring on the underside - is that like startrek or something? :P
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    I guess all my designs are like that. lol Well I still have some details to add before I start paneling but right now I'm focusing on the front end so you should see more in the next few days.

I can't wait for my holidays. I'm going to go crazy modeling.

Sweet!
    It looks like a Daedalus hull with additions. I have a spare 1/1000 Daedalus hull sitting here. I might have a go at something similar with that.
    Bar.
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    I like the conduit underneath the hull, is that just for 'show' or is it part od some kindof weapon?

Also whats the big ring for?

Love the overall look, very tough.
  • RJB wrote: »
    Phoenix update time.

worship.gif
  • tadztadz175 Posts: 0Member
    Looks amazing:eek!::eek!:! Great work:eek:!
    **Yay! Now I'm signed up with photobucket:). Here are a couple of views of my ship so far.
    8a6ec397.jpg
    a4e4c5d7.jpg
    Thankfully it works:D
    thats looking sweet mate. RJB loving it, Deffently one of the best designs i have seen :thumb:
  • Capt.HunterCapt.Hunter331 Posts: 71Member

:eek!:

Love it, absolutely. How big is that ship supposed to be?
    Dr Lee wrote: »
    I like the conduit underneath the hull, is that just for 'show' or is it part od some kindof weapon?

Also whats the big ring for?

Love the overall look, very tough.
    The part on the underside is a neutrino-ion generator as seen on thors ship and the ring is just part of the Asgard design tie in.

You can see the neutrino-ion generator from the show in this picture.
    409ag3.th.jpg
    http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9745/409ag3.jpg
    :eek!:

Love it, absolutely. How big is that ship supposed to be?
    Same size as the Daedalus.
  • just wondering what episode is that from cus i dont remember it, and now i wanna watch it..one of them rare episodes iv missed i guess:D
    MasterWong wrote: »
    just wondering what episode is that from cus i dont remember it, and now i wanna watch it..one of them rare episodes iv missed i guess:D
    It's an original design.
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Do you mean RJB's design or the screencap?

Cuz i think the cap is from 'Small Victories'
  • Dr Lee wrote: »
    Do you mean RJB's design or the screencap?

Cuz i think the cap is from 'Small Victories'

thanks my mates bro got the dvd's for the whole thing or i could watch it on stage 6 which ever is easiest but im watching that ep soon
  • exodus2310exodus2310331 Posts: 0Member

Astounding. I love it. Perfect blend of tauri and Asgard.
  • freekzillafreekzilla2 Posts: 0Member

Very nice. Very nice indeed. Screams El Toro to me. I'm just guessing, but it looks like it would be smaller than the Daedalus, but around the Prometheus' size. Am I right?
  • the sebrusthe sebrus0 Posts: 0Member
    yes i agre it looks asthough it is the same size as the prometheus
    Quick update. Mainly little details here and there. I changed the "hull armor plates" texture. Any better? Added some windows, antenna, a few greebles, lights, etc. Still have more to do yet. Been spending a lot of time tweaking things here and there. I actually like the little lights on the antenna tips, looks cool, and I think a bit more accurate to the way they are on the Daedalus, right? :confused:

C&C? Any suggestions?
  • Wilson359Wilson3590 Posts: 0Member
    freekzilla wrote: »
    Very nice. Very nice indeed. Screams El Toro to me. I'm just guessing, but it looks like it would be smaller than the Daedalus, but around the Prometheus' size. Am I right?

I'm afraid not.
    Well it's a Daedalus refit that uses the Asgard tech to more of it's fullest.
  • Where do you get a hull armor texture freekzilla?
    Wilson359 wrote: »
    I'm afraid not.

Even though it is a Daedalus refit, doesn't mean it's the same size. It could be that it has a modified hull, but still based on the Daedalus. I was guessing based on the size of the windows. If it's Daedalus sized, then the windows should be smaller in comparison to the rest of the ship. That's why I thought this was smaller (shorter) than a Deddy. IE: The standard un abstructed window on a Deddy is about 1 meter long. And the biggest window is 3 meters approx. Using that scale, this ship came up to be much smaller than a Daedalus. I took the pic into photoshop and measured and I came up with 132 blocks the size of those side windows. Now, if you use the two known window sizes 1.5 meter and 3 meter, you come up with: 198 meters long at a 1.5 meter window scale and 396 meters long in the 3 meter window scale. So, if you scale the Daedalus at 450 meters long, as some do, then the windows would need to be 3.4 meters long, and if you scale the Daedalus at around 700 meters, then those windows would need to be 5.3 meters long. And that is just huge for a window. Heck, a standard road width only ranges between 2.7m and 3.6m maximum. You telling me those windows are big enough to drive a truck through? I did the same thing for an ortho of the Daedalus, and came up with 217 window sized blocks, 217*1.5 meter= 325.5m, and 217*3m=651m. So, either way, the ship does appear to be smaller than the Daedalus based on the size of the windows if you use them for scale. And if it's a Daedalus refit, why would the windows be different? I'm not trying to dump on anyone, not at all. But if you are going to do a "refit" or recreate something known, scale IS important. That's why I don't do anything directly based on known ships, it's EXTREMELY hard to get everything in the same scale. I'm not good enough to even dare try to recreate something that is already known. Besides, we don't really know how big it is until he tells us. He's the creator, so he's the boss. :D
    Where do you get a hull armor texture freekzilla?
    It's actually the same texture as my hull, I modified it in Photoshop and then again in Byce when I imported it. I just changed it's bump height, scaling, added a specularity layer, and changed it's color. Just enough to make it look different, but not too much to look completely foreign.
    Even though it is a Daedalus refit, doesn't mean it's the same size. It could be that it has a modified hull, but still based on the Daedalus. I was guessing based on the size of the windows. If it's Daedalus sized, then the windows should be smaller in comparison to the rest of the ship. That's why I thought this was smaller (shorter) than a Deddy. IE: The standard un abstructed window on a Deddy is about 1 meter long. And the biggest window is 3 meters approx. Using that scale, this ship came up to be much smaller than a Daedalus. I took the pic into photoshop and measured and I came up with 132 blocks the size of those side windows. Now, if you use the two known window sizes 1.5 meter and 3 meter, you come up with: 198 meters long at a 1.5 meter window scale and 396 meters long in the 3 meter window scale. So, if you scale the Daedalus at 450 meters long, as some do, then the windows would need to be 3.4 meters long, and if you scale the Daedalus at around 700 meters, then those windows would need to be 5.3 meters long. And that is just huge for a window. Heck, a standard road width only ranges between 2.7m and 3.6m maximum. You telling me those windows are big enough to drive a truck through? I did the same thing for an ortho of the Daedalus, and came up with 217 window sized blocks, 217*1.5 meter= 325.5m, and 217*3m=651m. So, either way, the ship does appear to be smaller than the Daedalus based on the size of the windows if you use them for scale. And if it's a Daedalus refit, why would the windows be different? I'm not trying to dump on anyone, not at all. But if you are going to do a "refit" or recreate something known, scale IS important. That's why I don't do anything directly based on known ships, it's EXTREMELY hard to get everything in the same scale. I'm not good enough to even dare try to recreate something that is already known. Besides, we don't really know how big it is until he tells us. He's the creator, so he's the boss. :D
    Well it should be the same size as the Daedalus. I used about the same window setup as I did on my original Daedalus. (maybe a touch taller.) My Original

I think I'll drop the hight of the windows by 25-50%.

The size I use for the Daedalus is about 400-450m in length.
  • t-castt-cast331 Posts: 0Member
    While I was following the link to your Daedalus, I also viewed your entire gallery at deviant art. I must say that the entire body of work is just exceptional - clever, well thought out designs with exceptional details.
    Well it should be the same size as the Daedalus. I used about the same window setup as I did on my original Daedalus. (maybe a touch taller.) My Original

I think I'll drop the hight of the windows by 25-50%.

The size I use for the Daedalus is about 400-450m in length.

Yes, the models are suh-weet! Always have been. Now, I wouldn't say that there's anything wrong with this one, not at all. And I don't think you need to decrease the size of the windows either. Maybe this is based on the Daedalus, but not ALL the parts from the Deddy are used in this "version". Maybe it uses the same front, but with updated center hull that happens to be shorter. I mean, the Neutrino Ion Generator is on the bottom of the hull, when the Deadalus has it's generator in the back. So maybe this is shorter because it doesn't need that extra space. I actually think it would be cooler if it wasn't quite as big as the Daedalus, but still uses some part from it. Would also make sense because it would help with the ship production economies of scale. Also, it would be kinda poetic in that it is smaller than the Deddy, yet more powerfull. Oh, and I use that 450 as my approximate scale for the Deddy as well when I model. And since you do use that length, the figure I came up with for the Phoenix is pretty close at 396m for a total length. That was excluding any nose antenna too since it didn't have one in the last pic. Not everything needs to conform to the ships on the show. Be creative and flexible. :thumb:
  • That is an amazing gallery RJB! Those space battles look so cool as well!
    t-cast wrote: »
    While I was following the link to your Daedalus, I also viewed your entire gallery at deviant art. I must say that the entire body of work is just exceptional - clever, well thought out designs with exceptional details.
    That is an amazing gallery RJB! Those space battles look so cool as well!

Hmm, I don't see anything in that gallery. Do you have to be a member to view it?
    Hmm, I don't see anything in that gallery. Do you have to be a member to view it?

No you don't.

Mallacore's deviantART Gallery
  • some good pics i hadnt seen before on there :)

hmmm, this is confusing. I still can't see anything. All there is is an empty blank light green box where the images should be. I see your name and the Profile, gallery, faves, journal tabs, but that's it.
This discussion has been closed.