Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCalling all Stargate Fans!

• wow. Nice Post Freek. :cool:
    freekzilla wrote: »
    Choo1701, what idea did I make pop into your head? Hmmm, I wonder if I could make the idea of writing me a check for $1000 pop into your head? *thinks REALLY hard* LOL!!!!!!!! Oh, do you hand draw out all your ideas before you model them?

yeah, the checks in the post freek! Along with this funky alien snake i found! :devil:

But yeah, all my ships start on paper first, i like to get a design 100% nailed down before i do anything else. Although saying that, the Cook has changed a few times! :lol::rolleyes:

Then i *slowly* build the whole thing in Max. (slower than a sleeping snail slow!) Although i usually ground to a halt at having to model all the panels :(
    freekzilla wrote:
    Oh, and you might want to look for any strangely blank places for a secret message, especially you Choo. lol. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

*Sends Freek a Wacko Happy Meal instead!*

BTW: mikala, off topic, would love to see your Battlestar (and get orthos! lol!) but i think a max noob/user in a bunch of Lightwave junkies would be a bad idea! :shiner: :p ;) (kidding)
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Freek- I'll try and post a brighter image or two later tonight or 2moro.

Also i've been working on yet another ship, Don't have a piccie yet but it's going to be the Tau'ri version of the Goa'uld Cargo ship (Rather than the Alkesh, that is more what the Churchill was for)
  • boberth2oboberth2o0 Posts: 0Member
    Boberth2o, I am really digging that little frigate of yours, the Typhon. (Is it supposed to be Typhoon?) It definitely has a "Navy" feel to it. The Lazarus seems like a natural evolution to the Daedalus design. But the Naxos really appears to be something new and downright mean looking. Almost Lantian looking. Kind of what I'd think a Lantian Marine ship would look like, tough, very capable and no nonsense "I mean business" feel. Sorta, almost organic too. Hmmm.

Well first of all it is the Typhon and so far i only have the base model of the Naxos, nothing impressive yet. Ill post something once im done refromating my hard drive and have the chance to model more.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    BTW: mikala, off topic, would love to see your Battlestar (and get orthos! lol!) but i think a max noob/user in a bunch of Lightwave junkies would be a bad idea! (kidding)

Hey it's no biggie. The forum is now multi app. Sure there are a lot of LW'ers but sharing techniques and or critiques can be helpful to a person no matter the platform you're jumping off of.
    There is even some Maya users! Joking...but there really is.
    Dr Lee wrote: »
    Freek- I'll try and post a brighter image or two later tonight or 2moro.

Also i've been working on yet another ship, Don't have a piccie yet but it's going to be the Tau'ri version of the Goa'uld Cargo ship (Rather than the Alkesh, that is more what the Churchill was for)

hey I have one of those

96.jpg
    I like the sleek look, very fast, very :cool:

Before this ship i had the DST-306 'Churchill' as the only class of cargo ship. It was designed to be around the Tau'ri version of the Alkesh. Then i did the GateJumper (Don't think i need to say which ship that is based on:p)

Now i've gone after the staple of any Goa'uld fleet, The trusty Cargo ship (It's a Tel'chak isn't it? or is a Tel'chak the bridge of an Ha'tak:confused:)

SCS5.jpg

(I've also brightened this image compared to the others i've done)

Two man crew. Not designed to travel major distances (Churchill is the Long-distance Cargo ship in my fleet) So no Hyperdrive ATM

Area from just behind the side door to the rear is the cargo hold while the area beneath the cockpit is a small crew rest area.

Two seperate engine set ups in each side pod, will have only Railguns and Asuard shields and poss radar systems.
    I like the sleek look, very fast, very :cool:

Before this ship i had the DST-306 'Churchill' as the only class of cargo ship. It was designed to be around the Tau'ri version of the Alkesh. Then i did the GateJumper (Don't think i need to say which ship that is based on:p)

Now i've gone after the staple of any Goa'uld fleet, The trusty Cargo ship (It's a Tel'chak isn't it? or is a Tel'chak the bridge of an Ha'tak:confused:)

SCS5.jpg

(I've also brightened this image compared to the others i've done)

Two man crew. Not designed to travel major distances (Churchill is the Long-distance Cargo ship in my fleet) So no Hyperdrive ATM

Area from just behind the side door to the rear is the cargo hold while the area beneath the cockpit is a small crew rest area.

Two seperate engine set ups in each side pod, will have only Railguns and Asuard shields and poss radar systems.

I like the model, but I dont like the boxy look, unless of course it's like the lucian alliances cargo shipments, with separate compartments behind it. Then I guess that would be the lead ship.

Thanks the ship is called the Oepidus, Yeah its sleek, but thats because it has a very fast hyperdrive to avoid unwanted encouunters with enemies and the unknown species out in space. Just for the scaling giggles the front cargo door can fit a M1A1 Abrams tank.

97.jpg
  • scorpiusscorpius332 Posts: 0Member

You've actually mixed up 3 things there lol. The cargo ships are "Tel'taks," the bridge on a Goa'uld ha'tak vessel is called the "pel'tak" and Telchak was actually the name of the Goa'uld who created the Sarcophagus using the Ancient Healing Device (remember the whole Anubis using the same tech to create the Kull warriors and Daniel and Dr Lee going to South America to find the original device to find a way to stop them then they get kidnapped?).

Anyway. Nice work on the design as always Rob, I'll keep my eye on this one (well quite frankly it'd be tough not to considering I check this thread quite a few times a day every day lol).

And nice work as well Boberth, I do enjoy your style of ships. Very Stargaty (I like making words up) but quite original at the same time.
    scorpius wrote: »
    You've actually mixed up 3 things there lol. The cargo ships are "Tel'taks," the bridge on a Goa'uld ha'tak vessel is called the "pel'tak" and Telchak was actually the name of the Goa'uld who created the Sarcophagus using the Ancient Healing Device (remember the whole Anubis using the same tech to create the Kull warriors and Daniel and Dr Lee going to South America to find the original device to find a way to stop them then they get kidnapped?).

Curses and Naughty words:rolleyes:

*Smacks head against desk*

:lol:
  • freekzilla wrote: »
    Lantian Canuck, is that texture or an untextured view? It sure is big too. Don't know how they could ever build let alone fly such a huge ship. I mean, that's got to be the size of a Wraith Hive. And those guns, phew, huuuge. they look like they'd be firing a small jumbo jet sized projectile. That's one flight I would be afraid to ask for an extra bag of peanuts. :lol:
    I have no idea how to texture so for now it'll just be various colours that I like:lol: and yes it is very big:cool:. I never did say that it was built by us I just said that we use it:D(well I should have at some point). As for the guns well......I didn't want to place hundreds of smaller turret stations all around the ship since that would be very annoying to control for animating so I pulled out the big guns:), their also energy based and they run on a separate energy grid so that other systems like the engines wouldn't be affected by an energy drain. And I really want to dock more ships on it soon or else I'll have to pull out my star trek ships soon. Also great work on your ship:thumb:. Anyone have any idea why my images won't appear here from a..................O.o I think I know why it doesn't work.
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    scorpius wrote: »
    You've actually mixed up 3 things there lol. The cargo ships are "Tel'taks," the bridge on a Goa'uld ha'tak vessel is called the "pel'tak" and Telchak was actually the name of the Goa'uld who created the Sarcophagus using the Ancient Healing Device.

Oh, and Delmak was Apophis' home planet(The one where he finally met his end by crashing into it).
    And Selmak was Jacob's symbiote...
    :lol:
    There are too many names in SG with 'el' and 'ak' in them:eek:
  • freekzillafreekzilla2 Posts: 0Member
    There are too many names in SG with 'el' and 'ak' in them:eek:

Well, this actually follows the trait for in the middle east very closely. Look at any detailed map of the middle east. There are lots of towns/villages/cities that begin with the Ar, Al, As, Az and Abu. The word Armageddon comes from the city named Ar Meggido. I just found out that Har in hebrew means Hill/mount, and Ar refers to a city/town. So, Ar Meggido was on Har Meggido, the city of Meggido is on mount meggido. Heck, Najaf in Iraq, something we've all heard of before is refered to on maps as Al Najaf. It's a very common practice, and the SG story did begin with a middle eastern story infuence.
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • freekzillafreekzilla2 Posts: 0Member
    boberth2o wrote: »
    Untitled-1.jpg

Holy Crap. Nice!
    Holy Crap. Nice!

well i cant take all the credit here, the seven buildings are SGA-3D's, but pretty much everything else was mine, includeing the drone bay doors
  • the sebrusthe sebrus0 Posts: 0Member
    how long did it take you to do that central spire
    Very Cool.....

Bit confused about wether this is a space outpost or not, The placement of the Drone bays signals 'Space' but the balcony doesn't.
    the sebrus wrote: »
    how long did it take you to do that central spire

Well then, I went to the tab at the top of this page called meshes and clicked it, scrolled down and went into the stargate section and downloaded SGA-3D's Atlantis, model. Then I carefully deleted everything but the center tower and exported it as a OJB in Autodesk 3DS Max. Then I imported it into lightwave 3D 9 and fixed the faces that didn't export correctly. After that I modeled the base below the tower and tied the tower model into it. Roughly 45 minutes for the tower itself (alot of face got screwed up). Not what you were expecting Hmm? But dont get too worked up about stuff like this, all of the other models that I have posted have been made purely by me and only by me.
    Very Cool.....

Bit confused about wether this is a space outpost or not, The placement of the Drone bays signals 'Space' but the balcony doesn't.

either or, or well . . . . Both per say, I got a suggestion that it would look cool coming out of a side of a cliff, but I haven't figure that landing quite yet. Maybe later.
  • the sebrusthe sebrus0 Posts: 0Member
    can u please sendme the obj of the city and the daedalus
  • boberth2o wrote: »
    either or, or well . . . . Both per say, I got a suggestion that it would look cool coming out of a side of a cliff, but I haven't figure that landing quite yet. Maybe later.

ancients are pretty screwed if they come across a desert wasteland then :lol:
  • mbradshawmbradshaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Well I have started work on my ship again here is a little video of my ancient ship that I was working on earlier.

th_Energy01.jpg

I will post the updated pictures of the ancient ship later.:flippy:
    Basically it is from the idea of the episode when mckay blew up a solar system.
  • that the one with that superweapon the ancients had ? that was too poerful and ripped the fabric of space? lol.
  • mbradshawmbradshaw0 Posts: 0Member
    yeah I am working on a ship design with that but I finally figured out how to make it so it looked like the energy field from the episode, however the field keeps expanding... and I haven't figured out how to stop it just yet... So I know how Rodney feels LOL
  • mbradshaw wrote: »
    Well I have started work on my ship again here is a little video of my ancient ship that I was working on earlier.

th_Energy01.jpg

I will post the updated pictures of the ancient ship later.:flippy:
    Basically it is from the idea of the episode when mckay blew up a solar system.
    That looks cool! How did you make the material? It would look nice as a shield(which I can't even make:mad:). Where's the rest of the ship as well? Since that looks like the reactor that could be inside of it.
    I like:thumb:

been working on the railguns for the cargo ship.

First go-
    SCS7.jpg

After looking at this i really didn't like how they came out so i did these-
    SCS8.jpg

This design is apparently the new type of railgun that'll be seen in the next half of the current SGA season.

EDIT-Oops forgot to mention that these guns aren't finished yet. I'm going toi be adding a couple of reload pipes and other greebles next. ^that^ is just a positioning test to see how they look.
  • Dr Lee wrote: »
    I like:thumb:

been working on the railguns for the cargo ship.

First go-
    SCS7.jpg

After looking at this i really didn't like how they came out so i did these-
    SCS8.jpg

This design is apparently the new type of railgun that'll be seen in the next half of the current SGA season.

EDIT-Oops forgot to mention that these guns aren't finished yet. I'm going toi be adding a couple of reload pipes and other greebles next. ^that^ is just a positioning test to see how they look.
    Very cool:thumb:, they almost look like missle launchers as well. Mine will never turn out that good:( but atleast there current design looks cool, right?
  • Wilson359Wilson3590 Posts: 0Member
    :eek!: (wiping drool away) Holly crap thats awesome. Love the NIG underneath.
  • RJBRJB201 Posts: 182Member
    Wilson359 wrote: »
    :eek!: (wiping drool away) Holly crap thats awesome. Love the NIG underneath.
    "gives Wilson359 a bucket"

Glad you like it. :)
This discussion has been closed.