Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCalling all Stargate Fans!

• Looks nice Dr Lee. Do they retract right into the spaces you made so they're flush with the hull or do they stick out a little?
  • scootesscootes171 Posts: 0Member
    Carach wrote: »
    when u finishing ur other ship i saw a while ago, the carrier one in ur avatar - the severus?

the severus is actually a joint project between Choo1701, Tadz, and myself. it started out as Tadz being the designer and Choo and I were doing the modeling of it. work has come to a halt on my end of it for the reason of not having any time to do work on it... I have to work 6 days out of the week and I use my day off to try and work on my car abit... not sure why Choo hasnt got work done on it but I believe he is also working most of the time aswell. I will try to get somthin done on it on sunday, i will post the pic of the update when and if I get anything done.

@ Tadz you are doin good there tadz. very good especialy for the first day of modleing:thumb:

Regards Jesh
  • tadztadz175 Posts: 0Member
    Carach wrote: »
    when u finishing ur other ship i saw a while ago, the carrier one in ur avatar - the severus?
    what jesh said lol and i will start work on it when i am skilled enough but for now i will work on the serpent to get used to 3DS max :thumb: and thanks Scootes :)
    sorry for the multie.... but can anyone send me accurate mesh's of the Prometheus, Daedalus and f-302?

PM me if you have one that you can send and i will send my E-mail too you..
    regards tadz
  • I did the background
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    I did the background
    Curse my rubbish name remembering skils.:mad:

As i've switched to Firefox to get around the cr*ppyness of IE i'll be around more often.... You have been warned:lol:

Had a thought for the name for this ship class (Well at least in the Brit fleet).... The 'Castle' class, IE name them after the numerous Castles that populate the British Isles.

As Windsor came to mind first then that is what this ship will be called
    Corvette28.jpg

Added the Hyperdrive port in place of the two main engines and went back to the four smaller engines in each drivepod. I've also added a small Greeble in front of the Missile hatches.

Corvette26.jpg

Planning to keep this area lit up when open but i'm not sure of which type of light to use, Omni works well atm but i might see what else works better.

Corvette27.jpg

In answer to to an earlier question, the Landing struts will retract flush to the hull when not extended.

Next job will be to add the RASF emblem to the 'stack' above the bridge, the stack wil house the radar and comms equiptment btw, and adding two static railguns into the middle hole on the nose.
  • Ack! I need help making Aurora style engines for my ship, can anyone help me on that? I'll post some images of what I've done so far after I finish playing Metroid Prime for the day and Dr. Lee your ship looks great so far!
  • Since no one answered my last question I went ahead and tried to make one Aurora style engine, which does look pretty good, right? I'm at a crossroad for what type of engine layout to use for the Earth style ones, the first image is my original design and the second one should be close to what scootes suggested would work and now I'm thinking of placing a few large engines on the sloping areas like how the hive ships have theirs set-up, which idea should I use:confused::confused::confused:? The third image is a view of the bootom of the ship and the last image is the emergancy hanger launcher, it's purpose is to launch either one of the two forward hangers in case one of them is severly damaged or if it has a very lethal explosive beamed in it can throw it to a safe distance. What do you think so far? And it looks like there's no point in starting a new thread now..
    Ack! I need help making Aurora style engines for my ship, can anyone help me on that? I'll post some images of what I've done so far after I finish playing Metroid Prime for the day and Dr. Lee your ship looks great so far!
    Which Metroid prime? and sorry cant help you on that
    the second one should be close to what scootes suggested would work.

yup that is what I was thinking... sofar it looks good you are doing quite well with the design and building of this ship... i cant wait to see more of it:thumb:

@ Tadz... I believe its metroid prime 2 or 3... (blast!! cant rember what number they are up to now on that game)

Regards Jesh
  • scootes wrote: »
    @ Tadz... I believe its metroid prime 2 or 3... (blast!! cant rember what number they are up to now on that game)

Regards Jesh
    Actually your wrong, I was playing Metroid Prime:D I still need to finish the first game and they're stopping at 3. Considering how big the ship is, I think that larger engines spread out on the back section would be better since those small ones won't do much when the aurora style ones are damaged or destroyed.
    Actually your wrong, I was playing Metroid Prime:D I still need to finish the first game and they're stopping at 3. Considering how big the ship is, I think that larger engines spread out on the back section would be better since those small ones won't do much when the aurora style ones are damaged or destroyed.
    hehe i cant wait for metroid prime corruption to come out ( the third one ) it looks like great game play :thumb:
  • It is a great game! Trust me:D you will definitely enjoy it, I am starting my second run through on veteran mode.
    ok update on the serpent.. i will post my newest update and a drawing of what i hope it will look like when it is finished
    @ Lantean: hehe my bad:D

@ Tadz: very nice. you are doin good for a first time max user, and it apears that you are adapting to it quite nicly. keep up the good work and cant wait to see more:thumb:

Regards Jesh
  • No worry scootes and tadz your idea sounds great! I just wish I thought of it:lol: anyway I can't wait to see some more work on it:). Oh and I changed the engine design on my ship, now it has 10 large earth style engines spread out along the back but the area where the old idea used to be is empty and I intend to add another repair bay access door to the botom of the ship along with turret spots since that is a massive blind spot, pictures will appear later but I need to figure out how to make the doors work on the bottom section first:confused:
    Ok some small updates on the serpent.. now i have the main structure built now i need to start panneling etc.. ( sounds like heaps of fun.. NOT! ) please tell me what u think of the new noise and other little details, i will take many tutorials on friday when i have time so hopefully this ship will b done in less then 2 months :D. :thumb:
    Tadz- Have ya gone through any of the Tutorials that come with 3D Max?

As for the ship... Very nice. I get a Halo dropship vibe from them.

Personally i'd beef up the supports at the back, but as it's your ship it's up to you what you do with it.

EDIT!-

Update! Fully finished the Panelling and i've started getting to rips with the Greebles that'll cover the ship.
    Corvette29.jpg

I've also hit a VERY slight problem. WHat shade of metal to have the hull in...
    Corvette32.jpg
    Corvette33.jpg

1 or 2?:confused:
    Dr Lee wrote: »
    Tadz- Have ya gone through any of the Tutorials that come with 3D Max?

As for the ship... Very nice. I get a Halo dropship vibe from them.

Personally i'd beef up the supports at the back, but as it's your ship it's up to you what you do with it.

EDIT!-

Update! Fully finished the Panelling and i've started getting to rips with the Greebles that'll cover the ship.

I've also hit a VERY slight problem. WHat shade of metal to have the hull in...

1 or 2?:confused:

very nice work she looks great.. and yeah i am working on getting them beefed up a bit but not concerntrating on that atm :thumb: a few more angles before i go to bed. Oh and it isent supposed to be anything off halo but it is a small short range bomber :D
    serpent007.jpg
    serpent005.jpg
    serpent004.jpg
    serpent006.jpg
  • Dr. Lee your first one looks good. tadz you have a nice bomber can't wait to see more and can it go into the atmoshpere of planets?
    Dr. Lee your first one looks good. tadz you have a nice bomber can't wait to see more and can it go into the atmoshpere of planets?
    yeah it can but like i said it is short range, So it cant bomb much unless it has the mark 9's straped to it ( the massive bomb off one of the episodes in season 9 )
  • mbradshawmbradshaw0 Posts: 0Member
    I have an old mesh that i was working on a long time ago, and it looks like it could be an ancient warship. So maybe I will finish working on it and post it :)

Yeah my frist post!!:flippy:

I use maya.

Ancientship1.jpg

Ancientship2.jpg

Question how can I make it look more Ancienty?
  • mbradshaw wrote: »
    I have an old mesh that i was working on a long time ago, and it looks like it could be an ancient warship. So maybe I will finish working on it and post it :)

Yeah my frist post!!:flippy:

I use maya.

Ancientship1.jpg

Ancientship2.jpg

Question how can I make it look more Ancienty?

I think textures are probably the key to that one. Start using basic Ancienty colors to define the rough color scheme of the ship as you are building it and this will give you a good idea of what it will look like before you even get around to texturing.
    I generally use this method in the hope that it`ll look good enough that I won't have to texture. Not only do I hate it, but I suck at it too!

Also, have a look at the Aurora and pic some greebles off that to use as this will give it a bit of familiarity with the Aurora-class.

Love the basic shape so far though, keep it up!
  • mJAstromJAstro171 Posts: 0Member
    Yea that texture needs to be either removed or dramatically scaled down. Its definately an interesting shape, though the 2 organic looking things in the mid section of the ship dont exactly scream ancient. The designs presented in the show are generally more, i dont know, "jagged." See atlantis, the aurora class, the satelites etc. The aurora is a great example for shapes and greebles and there are several great reference shots by someone, correct me if im wrong, who modeled the original.
  • mbradshawmbradshaw0 Posts: 0Member
    well those two things in the middle of the ship are just kinda place holders at the moment. They are going to be either a weapon or some kind of weird shield generator. Yeah I have been trying to find as many pictures of the ancient warships.

I will focus on getting that finished first then you will see :)

What are greebles?
  • I've done a few major updates to my ship so far and here they are! The first image is of how the forward hanger doors look and I also changed the aurora style engines, now they are in pods and the grey area is the access to another docking bay for ships that can't land in the top of forward bays. The second image is the final placement of the engines I decided to use for the ship and the last image is of how the ship looks floating in water, the positioning worked out great thankfully. The water is made by SGA-3D from his Atlantis model. What do you think so far?
    Anyone know the rough size of a F-302? I'm hoping to re-start work on my carrier mesh but as i dunno the size of the -302s i can't build the fighter bays properly....
  • RJBRJB201 Posts: 182Member
    Since I've been sick for the last few weeks I haven't been able to get much done in the area of modeling but yesterday I got some time into my Tempest so here is a small update.

tempestoct13oy2.th.jpg
    http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/4527/tempestoct13oy2.jpg
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Nice to see you felt a bit better. She's a sleek vessel. I'm really enjoying these non canon or modified canon ships.
This discussion has been closed.