Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCalling all Stargate Fans!

• Well, kesh is also round shaped. But it's supposed to be little Starfleet, I've always saw some similiarity between X-303 and Star Trek ships.
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    The Prometheus?

i don't see it myself, can you elaborate plz?
  • scootesscootes171 Posts: 0Member
    Choo1701 wrote: »
    Cheers Scootes. and when you gonna update the Hammond a bit more???

tonight actually... if I can get time away from getting my fracking car working again:lol: but I should have some work done on it tonight and I will post when I have somthing.
    Dr Lee wrote: »
    The Prometheus?

i don't see it myself, can you elaborate plz?

yes please elaborate... I cant see it either... on a side note thou it is a very interesting ship and I wouldent mind seeing that in 3d.

Regards Jesh
  • Well, it's maybe just my paranoia, but look at my Valkyrie. I think those side goldols (sublight engines) gives it much of ST look, and those are taken directly from Prometheus. Front of Prometheus is also somehow spreaded, I can imagine that in few following designs it could became oval front of early Starfleet ships. And Prometheus' tower is missing on Deadalus, where however gondols became hangars (although I doubt that gondols on Prometheus were originaly intend as hangars).
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    I suppose it could be argued that your ship does have some similarities, but the point i was trying to make was that your ship looked more like a ST ship than an SG one.
    And if the Prometheus and Daedalus owe an homage to any design, then they owe it to BSG, not Trek.
    But i'll say no more.
    Bar.
    What about loosing the curves a bit and give it more of a Tau'ri blocky look.... It is an NID/Tau'ri ship after all...

Been cleaning up the polys on the New ship. After deleting a load of un-needed ones i've got this down to...

After reading the WIKI blurb on the Corvette class of RL ship i've deided to have this one and maybe in the future try my hand at a Frigate. (Once i get the poly reduction stuff done, thatt is)

Anyway... the pics-

Overview
    Corvette11.jpg

Work on the bridge and Airlock (The funy Mapping thing on the panels has been fixed b4 someone points it out:lol:)
    Corvette10.jpg

Engine positioning test
    Corvette12.jpg
    Sweet!
    That looks big enough to fit a Stargate into...
    Given what we have learned from the first two episodes of the new season of Atlantis, we now know that you put a gate into a ship in space, and dial it up!!!(As long as it's stationary)
    The possibilities are endless!
    Keep the pics coming.
    Bar.
    Whoa.... What?
    RJB, the images are appearing as red X's.... And i can't get the links to work.
  • Very cool! Great model RJB.
  • RJBRJB201 Posts: 182Member
    RJB, the images are appearing as red X's.... And i can't get the links to work.
    Was giving another Image host a try but it turned out to be more work than it is worth.

Here you go.
    daedalushyperspacerjbnz1.th.jpg
    ImageShack - Hosting :: daedalushyperspacerjbnz1.jpg

daedalusfinalby7.th.jpg
    ImageShack - Hosting :: daedalusfinalby7.jpg

daedaluslightszd6.th.jpg
    ImageShack - Hosting :: daedaluslightszd6.jpg
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    A thing of beauty!
    can't agree more mikala
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    can't agree more mikala
    You could but then I'd have to pay ya!
  • boberth2oboberth2o0 Posts: 0Member
    I have just recently found this thread, nad I love it, seriously. I have a few models of my own that might fit.
    nice RJB
  • freekzillafreekzilla2 Posts: 0Member
    Melak wrote: »

Freekzilla: I don't quite know how the antialiasing processes of Max and Bryce compare, but if they are anything alike then 64 Samples is an insane amount :eek:
    The most I've ever used was 16 samples, for a very small image...

He he he. Yeah, I'm not sure if they are alike either. Insane amount? What, who me? :devil: I just did a re-render last night of an image and I had it set to 256 Rays Per Pixel, and on a 1280 x 960 image size! Just to see how it turned out. Can't see a huge difference in it and a slightly lower level AA render. Mostly because the particular scene didn't have a lot of tiny details. I am going back to re-render some old models. Some of which will take some time to render, considerable time at the levels I am intending to use.

I included a pic of the render options of Bryce. Maybe it will give a clue as to how like Max's Sampling it is. It sort of sounds like it in a way. What do you think?
    wow that ship is just beutifal RJB... it leavs me speachless

those are some realy nice ships boberth. I can see some deady heatige but nothing overpowering and very origanal good job:thumb:

Regards Jesh
    Whoa.... What?

You're telling me you haven't seen the two first eps of the new season yet?
    I'll keep my mouth closed in that case...
    Bar.
  • I made a daedy toooooo!!!

deady_ortho.jpg

daedy_hypey.jpg

Funny story about it. Me and Rjb started basically at the exact same time modeling the Daedalus.

It was the first time I put so much detail into a ship, and I like the result.

Im at a little hurdle with it though. Because it is so high poly, and so much textures are in it, that it slows my computer down to the point of freezing. So its on hold right now, with no lighting and spec maps. Still looks good though.
    nice job on that deady maniac, looks good:thumb: better than anything I have done sofar:lol:

Regards Jesh
  • RJB wrote: »
    Ok another quick scene.

Absolutely gorgeous :thumb:
    scootes wrote: »
    wow that ship is just beutifal RJB... it leavs me speachless

those are some realy nice ships boberth. I can see some deady heatige but nothing overpowering and very origanal good job:thumb:

Regards Jesh

Thanks
  • How do you make a hyperspace scene or an under water look in max?
  • I have sort of finished the two forward bays on my ship and I started to make the top deck of my ship now. What do you think? Remember it is faaaar from completion and I'm still trying to implament some designs I want. Anyway any comments will be appreciated:). Also the Daedalus in the image is made by Grzegorz.
  • freekzillafreekzilla2 Posts: 0Member
    RJB wrote: »
    Was giving another Image host a try but it turned out to be more work than it is worth.

Here you go.
    daedalushyperspacerjbnz1.th.jpg
    ImageShack - Hosting :: daedalushyperspacerjbnz1.jpg

daedalusfinalby7.th.jpg
    ImageShack - Hosting :: daedalusfinalby7.jpg

daedaluslightszd6.th.jpg
    ImageShack - Hosting :: daedaluslightszd6.jpg

Two words RJB,.....

Hubba Hubba. :lol:
    How do you make a hyperspace scene or an under water look in max?

I belive you set the background color to a scene under render options.

as for your ship... I simply must ask... why are there three controle towers?? and that is one big ship dude... it looks as if it could possibly be a repair ship for large vessels? just a posibility but I think it might work good like that so that all tau'ri ships dont have to fly to earth to get fixed, have a massive hyperdrive so it can get to the ships fast and get them fixed and ready for battle. it would have lotsa room for spare parts. just an idea you dont have to do it that way was just brainstorming(and it hurt too btw:lol:) was just a plausable possability:D

ok enough of my rantings for now

Regards Jesh
  • scootes wrote: »
    I belive you set the background color to a scene under render options.

as for your ship... I simply must ask... why are there three controle towers?? and that is one big ship dude... it looks as if it could possibly be a repair ship for large vessels? just a posibility but I think it might work good like that so that all tau'ri ships dont have to fly to earth to get fixed, have a massive hyperdrive so it can get to the ships fast and get them fixed and ready for battle. it would have lotsa room for spare parts. just an idea you dont have to do it that way was just brainstorming(and it hurt too btw:lol:) was just a plausable possability:D

ok enough of my rantings for now

Regards Jesh
    Only the middle one is going to have the main bridge on it the others are back up and they also help keep the main bridge informed of certain things during battles and they could run a secondary set of tasks as well when they stand down. It should also serve as a repair vessel since there won't be a huge space near the engines section that can be utilized to store parts and such insted of ships, incase and it would be really good for Atlantis as well, and it should be able to land it self on a planet as well incase it needs to serve as a command centre. And it is made with Asgard technology so a lot of space can be saved by utilizing beaming technology and speical material processing areas as well. And I'm also gonna make that strip on the front a catapult for launching ships faster and even for launching cluster weapons against large enemy fleets. Now I just need to formulate the back story...............and finish the modeling of course. Oh and it is huge but just how huge though I'm not really sure:lol:, it should be -at its smallest- as large as a hive ship.......I think. Oh and rants like yours are helpfull, more of those could be useful;)
This discussion has been closed.