Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCalling all Stargate Fans!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    freekzilla wrote: »
    Hey, I know what it's like. I'm so used to sitting and doing nothing but working on a project that, my chair has an exact imprint of my butt cheeks in the cushion, and I think I've become allergic to sunlight. I don't mean to pile on to your long list of tasks, just giving my opinion. :(

chill dude. these :p mean i'm being sarcastic.

and you think i work on this for hours on end .... ..... ...... well. course i do!! :D :lol:

its just the other projects, MSN, Interent, sketching, writing, family, friends, sleep, eat, cleaning, watch TV, oh and work! - gets in the way. :eek: :rolleyes: (not in that order!)

Other than that i'm completly dedicated to the building the Sevy!! :D :cool: :lol:
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    I guess that i have one good thing to say about having a f**ked up knee- More time to do this kinda stuff:lol:

Bridge windows
    308new9.jpg

Living area windows
    308new10.jpg

Over all left hand side
    308new8.jpg

I'm considering extruding the left hand side of the Ships 'neck' ALA the Daedalus and sticking a window or two in there, Maybe even doing the same on the right but above the cannons. Until i decide i won't start Panelling the area.

Whats the cause of that Shadow/Smudge shown above the bridge?
  • tadztadz175 Posts: 0Member
    Dr Lee wrote: »
    Hey i liked the old Monaro.

Off topic- Anyone got a good way of f**king with a prank caller?
    yer it is off topic but i will be quiet after this... all old banger cars are good :)

tjmitchem it is a very nice ship, keep us posted on the updates and you dont look that much like a newby lol i am a newby i cant do anything in a 3D modeling prgram yet lol but i shall learn
  • Robert HarrisonRobert Harrison1 Posts: 16Member
    I have been improving (i hope) and so this is the 4th i have done (the school i work at is on summer hols and i have already done my planning for the net year so i have a great deal of time on my hands here)...

This is a battle ship/carrier (12 F302's, please don't tell me they don't look like a 302 coz i know:P)

The large turrets are ship grade Rail Guns and the Smaller ones are point defenses. 4 Sublight engines and 6 Hyper space engines... the Windows are not floor to roof but are in fact about human height.

Um... 16 Missile tubes (i would think that there would be maybe two reloads per tube? ideas on this) i am going to add a 'mega' (not final name) Rail gun fires 1tonn rounds at 9/10's c. Not sure if the placement of the Flight bays is final either...

Hope you like
  • scootesscootes171 Posts: 0Member
    freekzilla wrote: »
    You have a VW Bug as your car? That car has got to be older than you are. They stopped making those things here in 1977.

yup sure do. mine is a 1968, and I was born in 1989 althou I tend to get along better with older cars(they have a soul not a brain) they are much easeyer to work on that helps me alot cause I fix my own cars. the little sucker is fun to drive...she has power to spare.. need I say more:D
    and they stopped makenig the last model of VW bug in Mexico in 2003.... kinda fits them dont it:lol::flippy:
    Whats the cause of that Shadow/Smudge shown above the bridge?

it looks to me as if there is a couple of messed up verticies in there try goin into wireframe veiw and rotating the veiw to see if there is any verticies that are out of place.

Regards Jesh
    it looks to me as if there is a couple of messed up verticies in there try goin into wireframe veiw and rotating the veiw to see if there is any verticies that are out of place.

KK. I've had to re do most of the crew area after a major F up by yours truely:rolleyes:

I've also fiddled about with doing a wallpaper with the different meshes on my computer (In between the Churchill and the 308 (note to self-get a name) are the Puddlefighter idea and a small mobile Cannon thing that i've been messing about with)

TheFleetWallpaper.jpg

Is the disclaimer thingie ok?
    Is the disclaimer thingie ok?

yeah the disclaimer is a good idea makes sure that other people cant say that they made the wall paper so yeah its ok I would do it to mine if and when I do somthin like that

Regards Jesh
    To be honest i just dumped on a random number of effects, But i will certainly have a go.
    cool cant wait to see the wallpapers:D
    scootes wrote: »
    cool cant wait to see the wallpapers:D

With an entire fleet of almost everyone's ship?
    ray243 wrote: »
    With an entire fleet of almost everyone's ship?

well somethin of the sort... i plan on making somthing like what Dr Lee did with the ships that i have made... when they get done that is:D would be cool to have a fleet veiw with everybodys ships in it thou too

Regards Jesh
    that would be cooool :thumb:
    It would be difficult to get every single completed mesh shown in here into one single image. The way i'd do it is get everyone to do their own 'Fleet line up' image then create a collage of them all.
  • freekzillafreekzilla2 Posts: 0Member
    Even then, the image would probably be 20 feet across and 15 feet high. There has been a ton of models in this thread. I'd speculate that there are probably atleast 50 models in total. And that would be VERY difficult to put into a single image. I myself have probably 15 ships of my own, crappy as they are, I'd still put them together if I could do it easily.
    It would be difficult to get every single completed mesh shown in here into one single image. The way i'd do it is get everyone to do their own 'Fleet line up' image then create a collage of them all.

that is a good idea:thumb:

yeah like freek said there is a bunch of ships here mabe if you put the larger ones in the back and smaller in the front I dunno thou i not good at photo shop

Regards Jesh
    How about a slide show of sorts?

Each slide would be a different persons Fleet line up, Or if they need to then they could use more than one slide.

Powerpoint, Adobe Imageready Heckj even Movie Maker would be good enough to use for this.
    that might work
  • scorpiusscorpius332 Posts: 0Member
    I don't think an entire fleet image including all ships possible would be totally out of the question personally. One problem we'd need to overcome is people using different programs. If we can get conversions done that do models of the different programs justice then that'd be fine, otherwise we'd have to have separate images with ships made in different programs.

The image would be big of course, but with clever positioning it needn't be an unmanagable size. I don't think a straight line up like I and a couple of others have done would be appropriate, but like scootes said with larger ships at the back working our way to puddle jumper and fighter sized crafts right at the front...well I think it could work.

Who uses what program? I'm a max 9 user myself
    lol then the Severus and Argo ( i think that right ) are somewhere right up the back lol sounds like it might work
    I also use 3D Max 9
    hey BTW when you say max do u mean "3D studio max 9" coz i might be able to get that program for free off a teacher at school? or just get a crack :thumb: lol
  • scorpiusscorpius332 Posts: 0Member
    careful tadz that sorta language will get you banned lol. but yeah we do mean 3d studio max 9...although I'll probably upgrade to 3ds max 2008 when it comes out depending on price
    I might wait until i know more on the new 3D Max before i decide.

More details on the 308...

308new11.jpg
    308new12.jpg
    308new13.jpg

Not convinced with the 'Spikes' on the front of the ship, will probably redo them.

Also anyone want to come up with a name for this.
    I use max 7. I plan on upgrading to 9 when I can.

Regards Jesh
    Curses and naughty words......

Last night my computer failed on me again. :Sob: as last time the computer is failing to load up windows, It just tries and restarts itself. My father thinks that it is something to do with the Bios failing and not the actual Hard drive itself, So i'm hoping i can get my stuff back.

What makes this worse is that i was about to do a backup of my stuff after i had finished a small bit of panelling:mad: and if i have lost my Hard drive again (The third one i've destroyed) then all of the work i have done on the 308 is gone :weeps:
  • Robert HarrisonRobert Harrison1 Posts: 16Member
    Question, i see everyone has put 'Spikes' on the front of there ships (including me) does anyone know what they are though?! Now i think they are the emitters for the Hyper Space Window generator!! They can't be comms coz on the 304 those are on top of the Bridge...

Any other Ideas?
    they are sensors.
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    Question, i see everyone has put 'Spikes' on the front of there ships (including me) does anyone know what they are though?! Now i think they are the emitters for the Hyper Space Window generator!! They can't be comms coz on the 304 those are on top of the Bridge...

Any other Ideas?
    As Dallidas said, they are sensors.
    If your theory was correct, in the epsiode where the Odyssey was wrecked by the Lucian Alliance, it would not have been able to open a hyperspace window(The Antennae were all destroyed...).
    Bar.
  • freekzillafreekzilla2 Posts: 0Member
    ok, got a quick update to my Citation class medium cargo ship. I wanted to do something a little different with this, so I tried something new. Don't know if it works or not, but it is definitely different. Or atleast one part of it is. You'll know what I mean when you see it. Just remember, it's a freighter. So it's likely to be an ugly duckling. But it will get the job done. Anyways, it's about 45-50% done. I modelled the landing pads, so I might make a scene with it landed and unloading or something. But if I do, it will be much later. Anyhoo.....
    i like it, very original design
This discussion has been closed.