Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCalling all Stargate Fans!

• freekzillafreekzilla2 Posts: 0Member
    SGA-3D wrote: »
    Well, nearly done with the city. Keeping it under 25K polies (currently around 23,000 polies.

hubba hubba, as usual SGA-3d. *jealous*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    tht looks great, I see they managed to land on dry land
  • SGA-3DSGA-3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Thank you :) !

Here's a shot of the finished thing and an animation, showing you the full model (including stardrive).

And, okay, I was bit naughty - it's slightly over the 25k margin, by about 600 polies :D .
  • scorpiusscorpius332 Posts: 0Member
    SGA-3D wrote: »
    And, okay, I was bit naughty - it's slightly over the 25k margin, by about 600 polies :D .

Well that's just not good enough. Go back, start it again, and do it properly this time! :p

Awesome work by any standard, even better considering the lack of polys. Just awesome
    wow, for that few of polies, thats awesome! now can we get a bigger picture?
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Update on the Puddlefighter idea...

After RL intervened over the weekend all i've been able to do is the underside of the ship and the engine pods.
    PFunderbelly.jpg
    PFengineweaponssystems.jpg
    engine.jpg

I can't remember who it was but whoever made their PJ mesh available through here but they have my eternal gratitude. Being able to look in detail at a PJ and take it apart bit by bit has been a tonne of help in getting this far.:thumb:
    Good Work SGA. :cool::thumb:

And fantastic detail there Dr Lee. Love the idea of a PJ fighter! :D :cool: But whats the weird net things under the engine? :confused:
    That'll be the Drone firing system... It's still in the eartly stages. Once i get a good enough Drone then i'll pop them in.
    looking great, both the puddle fighter and atlantis, great texture on atlantis, 600 polys too many or not
  • scootesscootes171 Posts: 0Member
    wow nice work guys!!

other news I got bored with my projects so did this little thing. just thought that I would show you guys. all C&C welcome... and some measurements and other stuff is welcome too:D

Regards Jesh
    Ah the SGC... Don't think i've seen anyone do that on here.

Umm has anyone got, or knows of somewhere that i can get, either a schematic or a clear enough image of the PJ DHD?

If i can create one properly i'm going to include it in the PuddleFighter.
    well unfortunately I spent hours searching for one a while ago and there wasn't one then. We never really get good clear shots and nobody recreated it, well that was a few months ago so I will have another quick look

maybe bar will save us once again with the pictures he pulls out of the randomness of the universe
    Here's some:

Original Style Puddle Jumper DHD:

CLICK

CLICK

CLICK
    Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you.....
    You're welcome :) .
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    Hey guys.
    When i was in the US a few weeks back, i gave my non-canon ARES starship to a friend, and he agreed to cast a few copies for me. It will be limited-run, and probably will not be for sale long(I imagine that when the molds run out it will be finished).
    The only reason i mention it is just in case anyone here is interested in the design. I will not be handling the sales, but i will post here when he has it cast and for sale.
    Just to recap, it's this ship:
    CIMG0645.jpg
    CIMG0648.jpg
    CIMG0650.jpg
    If anyone here is interested, you can send me aa e-mail at [email protected] with ARES in the subject line, and i will add you to the mailing list for info when the ship is cast.
    Bar.
  • tadztadz175 Posts: 0Member
    i am excited now. cant wait till she is ready for sale :)
    It may be a month or so before the molds are done. I will post when it is available.
    Bar.
    gives me time to get the money, 1 more thing what is the rough price for the ares model?
    I have no idea right now, but based on the fact there are only four pieces to the kit, and what similar kits cost, i wouldn't imagine it would cost much more than $40 or $50.
    It should be relatively inexpensive. I will know more once the first casting is made.
    Bar.
    sweet!! cant wait for the little buggas to come out!!
    I will definitely let it be known here when it's available.
    Bar.
    by $40-50 I guess it'll be less than £30, not too much, might not be able to get it the month it comes out but will the month after if there are enough, or I'll owe my parents a bit of money.

good news that it's soon
    It's at least a month away.
    At least.
    I will telegraph the progress in this thread in any case.
    Bar.
    i cant wait, the price is perfectly where i estimated I'm fine with that amount of money in fact i already have the money :). cant wait :)... ok i said this last time but one more thing... how am i going to get it over here and how much will the postage and handling cost??

like an average kid i want a lot of stuff and don't have enough money but i have been waiting for these models and have saved the money up ahead just in case u brought them out :)
    tadz wrote: »
    ok i said this last time but one more thing... how am i going to get it over here and how much will the postage and handling cost??

hmm.. good question how much will the shipping cost and can it be shipped to the USA??

Regards Jesh
    The good news is that it will be getting made in the US, so the shipping will be minimal to those of you who stay there.
    Bar.
    how about shipping back to the UK? I guess that'll be more
    NIKIN wrote: »
    how about shipping back to the UK? I guess that'll be more

A little bit more, but not anything outrageous.
    Bar.
This discussion has been closed.