Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Models

15678911»

• Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro68328 DetroitPosts: 159Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    and that thing Janeway was in in that nick cgi show.
    pro-110-dauntless.jpg

ow2g6q76cfnj.gif
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserpubliusr
    MustangCamaro's Other Projects: TaelonMothership MarsAttacks SeaQuestDSV
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I up you a Yeager

ussyeager2.jpg
    lol FF anglefire, that is like finding a geocities link. crap sites. Bet it wont even work as a link.
    https://www.angelfire.com/ns/firepit/msfm/stephen_l/ussyeager2.jpg
    Yeager_class_ortho.jpg

and that thing Janeway was in in that nick cgi show.
    pro-110-dauntless.jpg

ubo1fesn3kc2.jpg

Ugh, that's an ugly ship. Honestly, the art style of ST:Prodigy is half of the reason I've never tried that show. The other half being that the show's whole premise doesn't do anything for me.

As for the Yeager, I almost posted that one too. It looks like an unusually large Maquis Raider flew into the back of an Intrepid class. The reason I posted the Curry is because they had the nerve to show that up close. Most of the DS9 kitbashes were put in the background.

In my opinion, most kitbashes don't really work. Probably the reason the Constellation works for me is because two top level ST designers worked on it and they put a lot of thought into the design. They didn't just slap two model kits together and call it a ship.

heh, Angelfire.

zjr82l9rhq2s.jpg
    StarCruiserpubliusrscifieric
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9802 Posts: 5,327Member
    edited November 2023 #304
    Well, the mini ship from that isnt too bad just damn small for the shapes. It acually takes queues from VOyager unlike other shows that take nothing then puke flying bricks. EG lack of scale. As for the story I think it really is a rehash of one of the older Voy episodes, or Enterprise.

Dauntless thing, oh man it is like one of those you got an hour to do this, this is what the committee of gits wants, make it.
    ec54319863b71570f1c54470ecde8430aa1d1e0d.gif
    I mostly watched it to see the cgi of the show. Dunno why it just caught my eye. Kinda like how SNW is using that video wall, while not as complex the "room" or whatever the name it is for wars it is generally a live background via UR5, not a prerendered scene (well as far as I understand how the Lucas wall works). So that added to my interest in how it was being utilized.

It also had some interesting interior design work on the Protostar.
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    StarCruiserevil_genius_180scifieric
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    I might have checked out Prodigy, if it was still on Paramount+. I get that service free through my work. But, they cancelled it (for unknown reasons) and Nickelodeon picked it up. Once that happened, it was removed from Paramount+. I don't do Nickelodeon, in fact I don't have cable television.
    scifieric
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Well, I can see it ramming something...
    scifieric
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9802 Posts: 5,327Member
    edited November 2023 #307
    I mean it isnt like chase it down gotta watch tv. I'd just watch a few meh uploads on YT. It is acualkly how I saw the last few eps as they took forever to release those.

Yeah gave cable/fios up over a decade ago just yt stream or watch streamers. . . twitch kept me from going nuts during COVID.
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    evil_genius_180
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    I’d be honored to take the Yeager, over that Nickelodeon thing…
    evil_genius_180
    I mean it isnt like chase it down gotta watch tv. I'd just watch a few meh uploads on YT. It is acualkly how I saw the last few eps as they took forever to release those.

Yeah gave cable/fios up over a decade ago just yt stream or watch streamers. . . twitch kept me from going nuts during COVID.

Oh, I definitely wasn't going to chase it down. I didn't even watch it when it was on Paramount+. The whole idea of a kids' ST show didn't do much for me. Nickelodeon is probably a better place for it.

I just don't like cable. Paying a lot for a lineup of channels when only a handful appeal to me and still having to put up with commercials isn't my thing. Besides, streaming has spoiled me as far as watching stuff when I want to. I pay extra to have no commercials on most streaming services and I still don't pay near what people pay for cable. I have commercials on Paramount+ because I don't pay for it, but the breaks aren't bad. Their timing could be better, though. They'll often miss those ad break spots in shows and interrupt during a sentence. :eyeroll: Tubi is also pretty nice, no subscriptions, just some ads.