Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalNew Kronos1

srspicersrspicer325 Posts: 287Member
edited August 1 in Work in Progress #1
Greetings All!
Looking for C&C on this. I was first inspired to create this model a few years ago when I saw the design posted in Foundation 3D. The image of my model includes and over-lay of a D7 for size comparison. Here is my take on the design-
yos59bi50sza.png

This is the original model that was posted on F3d. The artist is Robert J Wilson? The last name is hard to read.
wp0eygsmxh35.jpg
I also borrowed some design queues from John Eaves and MadKoiFish;
sdtwovl38scv.jpg
n37cekpy6kl5.jpg
I believe that the F3d design was inspired by the original concept model for the 'Undiscovered Country'-
adslsayxmr5b.jpg
jwzdmn282xud.jpg

My intension is to 3D print this as a one-off build. I plan on lighting it and adding a ton more surface detailing such as the triangular hull plating, etc. For now I plan on 1:1000 scale, making my model 15.5" long. I had considered 1:350, but the ship would be 44" long! I am using the free version of Fusion 360.
I wanted a more aggressive look to the bow, so I added 'castle-like' details and some Bat'eth inspired elements. I did not like the 'pod-like' warp engines of the F3D model, so I went with something of a more Klingon feel. I added additional disruptors/torpedo tubes to the primary hull. I also went with larger windows. My windows are more like large observation or bay windows than 'portholes'. I stayed away from round windows so the model would not be dated-looking. The little red pillars represent Klingon crew. My model;
gajqdewmhr7x.png
bopzb4r89onf.png
h86rranw5pgg.png
450pxadv4kzd.png
h7hc3ckpp7it.png
zdh1cumwgzu0.png
ui3rbard8rtd.png
0jxf1xn91puv.png
34jrbpgv0heo.png
Starboard Bow details
eof5qm04eema.png
and more views-( one dorsal view is miss-labeled as ventral )
aphd16c3cdvp.png
r1biefrx8e9f.png
iaq6brsma5d7.png
A 'Klingon' inside the bridge module and in different parts of the ship-
9pmh64xp4dt3.png
ojsi0teqhjrj.png
laort3ql0y5k.png
ov6hwcrl1bbu.png

Thanks for looking!
Post edited by Guerrilla on
RekkertrojrenWarp Propulsion LaboratorywibbleashleytingerLizzy777BolianAdmiralStarCruiser
Tagged:

• rojrenrojren1460 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,756Member
    I'd say his last name is Williams.

Looks really good, but the tail-end looks very (Stargate) Asgardian. And the side view looks a bit too... rectangular. It needs some more depth and curves.
    www.CADWrangler.com
  • StarshipStarship352 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,896Member
    edited August 7 #3
    srspicer wrote: »
    Greetings All!
    Looking for C&C on this. I was first inspired to create this model a few years ago when I saw the design posted in Foundation 3D. The image of my model includes and over-lay of a D7 for size comparison. Here is my take on the design-

This is the original model that was posted on F3d. The artist is Robert J Wilson? The last name is hard to read.
    wp0eygsmxh35.jpg

Thanks for looking!

His name is Robert J. Wilson. He was a member here too: http://3dscifi.com/3dscifi.com/eric/index.php, but I don´t hear news from him since a long time....
    His original thread still lives at https://www.trekbbs.com/threads/my-version-of-kronos-1-study-model.250342/page-3. The last update is dated from 2019.
    And here it goes the artist´s personal blog: https://xfozzboute.wordpress.com/

Your wip and mix of concepts looks interesting. Keep posting updates. ;)
    Post edited by Starship on
    BolianAdmiral
  • srspicersrspicer325 Posts: 287Member
    Thanks for the info.
    I should have mentioned that the open areas, where you can see the interior walls, will be closed off.
  • srspicersrspicer325 Posts: 287Member
    rojren wrote: »
    I'd say his last name is Williams.

Looks really good, but the tail-end looks very (Stargate) Asgardian. And the side view looks a bit too... rectangular. It needs some more depth and curves.
    I had to look up the Asgard ships, but I see what you mean. I do like the 'sail-like' element of the towers. How do you suggest I keep them but change them, maybe shorter?
    As far as the side view, I'm thinking it is the warp engines that make it too rectangular. I could lengthen the top surface to be longer than the bottom. That would angle the front & back of the engines from a side view. ??? Something to try out.
    Thanks much!
  • rojrenrojren1460 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,756Member
    I phrased the Asgard bit badly. I meant it as an observation, not necessarily a thing to change. Lots of things look like lots of other things.
    srspicer
    www.CADWrangler.com
  • RekkertRekkert3028 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,203Member
    This is the first time I'm seeing that Undiscovered Country test model, what an interesting piece. I like where you're taking it!
    srspicer
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • ashleytingerashleytinger986 Central OhioPosts: 898Member
    I like your take on it but, and this isn't a complaint on your design but on the test model, the two neck spines just seem way too thin for a Klingon ship. That's just me. I LOVE what you're doing with this though.
    srspicer