Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalNew Kronos1

srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
edited July 2023 in Work in Progress #1
Greetings All!
Looking for C&C on this. I was first inspired to create this model a few years ago when I saw the design posted in Foundation 3D. The image of my model includes an over-lay of a D7 for size comparison. Here is my take on the design-
yos59bi50sza.png

This is the original model that was posted on F3d. The artist is Robert J Wilson? The last name is hard to read.
wp0eygsmxh35.jpg
I also borrowed some design queues from John Eaves and MadKoiFish;
sdtwovl38scv.jpg
n37cekpy6kl5.jpg
I believe that the F3d design was inspired by the original concept model for the 'Undiscovered Country'-
adslsayxmr5b.jpg
jwzdmn282xud.jpg

My intension is to 3D print this as a one-off build. I plan on lighting it and adding a ton more surface detailing such as the triangular hull plating, etc. For now I plan on 1:1000 scale, making my model 15.5" long. I had considered 1:350, but the ship would be 44" long! I am using the free version of Fusion 360.
I wanted a more aggressive look to the bow, so I added 'castle-like' details and some Bat'eth inspired elements. I did not like the 'pod-like' warp engines of the F3D model, so I went with something of a more Klingon feel. I added additional disruptors/torpedo tubes to the primary hull. I also went with larger windows. My windows are more like large observation or bay windows than 'portholes'. I stayed away from round windows so the model would not be dated-looking. The little red pillars represent Klingon crew. My model;
gajqdewmhr7x.png
bopzb4r89onf.png
h86rranw5pgg.png
450pxadv4kzd.png
h7hc3ckpp7it.png
zdh1cumwgzu0.png
ui3rbard8rtd.png
0jxf1xn91puv.png
34jrbpgv0heo.png
Starboard Bow details
eof5qm04eema.png
and more views-( one dorsal view is miss-labeled as ventral )
aphd16c3cdvp.png
r1biefrx8e9f.png
iaq6brsma5d7.png
A 'Klingon' inside the bridge module and in different parts of the ship-
9pmh64xp4dt3.png
ojsi0teqhjrj.png
laort3ql0y5k.png
ov6hwcrl1bbu.png

Thanks for looking!
Post edited by srspicer on
RekkertrojrenWarp Propulsion LaboratorywibbleashleytingerLizzy777BolianAdmiralStarCruisercaveat_imperator
Tagged:

• rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    I'd say his last name is Williams.

Looks really good, but the tail-end looks very (Stargate) Asgardian. And the side view looks a bit too... rectangular. It needs some more depth and curves.
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    edited August 2022 #3
    srspicer wrote: »
    Greetings All!
    Looking for C&C on this. I was first inspired to create this model a few years ago when I saw the design posted in Foundation 3D. The image of my model includes and over-lay of a D7 for size comparison. Here is my take on the design-

This is the original model that was posted on F3d. The artist is Robert J Wilson? The last name is hard to read.
    wp0eygsmxh35.jpg

Thanks for looking!

His name is Robert J. Wilson. He was a member here too: http://3dscifi.com/3dscifi.com/eric/index.php, but I don´t hear news from him since a long time....
    His original thread still lives at https://www.trekbbs.com/threads/my-version-of-kronos-1-study-model.250342/page-3. The last update is dated from 2019.
    And here it goes the artist´s personal blog: https://xfozzboute.wordpress.com/

Your wip and mix of concepts looks interesting. Keep posting updates. ;)
    Post edited by Starship on
    BolianAdmiralsrspicer
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Thanks for the info.
    I should have mentioned that the open areas, where you can see the interior walls, will be closed off.
    rojren wrote: »
    I'd say his last name is Williams.

Looks really good, but the tail-end looks very (Stargate) Asgardian. And the side view looks a bit too... rectangular. It needs some more depth and curves.
    I had to look up the Asgard ships, but I see what you mean. I do like the 'sail-like' element of the towers. How do you suggest I keep them but change them, maybe shorter?
    As far as the side view, I'm thinking it is the warp engines that make it too rectangular. I could lengthen the top surface to be longer than the bottom. That would angle the front & back of the engines from a side view. ??? Something to try out.
    Thanks much!
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    I phrased the Asgard bit badly. I meant it as an observation, not necessarily a thing to change. Lots of things look like lots of other things.
    srspicer
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    This is the first time I'm seeing that Undiscovered Country test model, what an interesting piece. I like where you're taking it!
    srspicer
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1999 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    I like your take on it but, and this isn't a complaint on your design but on the test model, the two neck spines just seem way too thin for a Klingon ship. That's just me. I LOVE what you're doing with this though.
    srspicerscifieric
    edited August 2022 #9

A little up date.
    I re-designed the engines to add more interesting angles and some 'movement'. The pylon has also been re-designed to be taller and have move details. I also enlarged the shuttle bay doors. The highlighted areas in blue I intend to be glowing a green color on the physical model. As before, C&C welcome. Thanks for looking!
    2nzxxt6nfgnf.pngqtw01pn8cv5e.png
    leeoomz58qha.png
    llytxm5ewdi0.png
    4ecto95d7v6s.png
    snsd4q1f7nvd.png
    yza4odkbldkv.png
    m4yj6pmiyqrc.png
    y0678zb1z8x1.png
    02nu80bxbpvw.png

Post edited by srspicer on
    Lizzy777StarCruiserjapetusrojrenSCE2Auxscifieric
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    This is looking great! I never knew there was a different concept out there! Yours is turning out really well, looking forward to more.
    scifiericsrspicer
  • Fantastic work! Looking forward to seeing how this progresses!

Links to Rob Willson's online presence and the previous thread:

https://forums.scifi-meshes.com/discussion/81150/
    https://twitter.com/xfozzboute
    https://www.deviantart.com/xfozzboute
    https://xfozzboute.wordpress.com/
    srspicerpubliusr
    Small up date.
    I removed all of the inner walls I added to keep the 3D print from warping during curing. I discovered that those walls actually caused the warping I wanted to prevent. I left channels in the interior to aid in adding the interior walls back in, to create rooms for crew and passengers.
    Also updated the engine pylon and located it to the engine and hull.
    This will be it until I start printing parts. Thanks for looking!
    5lcky7fpwnma.png
    xla2g9bi72vy.png
    1isp4sjkk5vc.png
    oa95s93fic84.png
    eukjrbg5ov1o.png
    Lizzy777StarCruiserpubliusr