Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLizzy's WIPs

167891012»

• Vortex5972Vortex5972203 Posts: 1,105Member
    Details are looking awesome.
    Lizzy777
  • publiusrpubliusr282 Posts: 1,381Member
    That is lovely. I might have had one tube below and between two slightly larger forward phaser banks. The top of the saucer would be reversed with the side banks a bit larger
    Lizzy777
  • Lizzy777Lizzy777452 PNWPosts: 561Member
    Vortex5972 wrote: »
    Details are looking awesome.

Why thank you!
    publiusr wrote: »
    That is lovely. I might have had one tube below and between two slightly larger forward phaser banks. The top of the saucer would be reversed with the side banks a bit larger

My overall plan is simply enhancing the Enterprise as seen in ST:DISCO. It, like the original TOS Enterprise, has a pair of tubes down there that are flush with the hull. At least that's what these reference pics I'm using suggest. I got stuff from Eaglemoss, Polar Lights, early concept art, and a few fuzzy screen renders from the show. None of which match 100% to each other.

I think apart from resizing the phaser banks, I'm pretty much done with this area until I start textures. I'm debating whether I should work on the rim of the saucer or detail the underside of the engine deck next. Also, how much detail do I want to add at the neck connection is another one of the things in the back of my mind. Like, do I want connectors similar to what we see on the 1701-D? Or do I keep it simpler than that? What about landing gear and ramps? That's what those triangles on the underside were supposedly going to be at one point if I recall.

There's a lot to consider going forward. And I haven't even touched the bridge yet! LOL
    publiusr
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • Lizzy777Lizzy777452 PNWPosts: 561Member
    edited April 20 #335
    Okay! Just a quick post since I haven't actually done much on the starship.

There was an update email sent out that showed some of the tabletop miniatures that are due out soon. And one of those was the Battle Cobra that I'd worked on months ago. Now that the NDA on this particular piece had been lifted, I just wanted to show the low-rez pic that was attached to the announcement.

The hexes on that map are about 31mm wide, and the mini itself stands around 50mm tall (I'd have to check to be sure).

I'm really happy with this one because it sets a lot of landmarks for me. First official production model (where in the past it's all been fan art), as well as the last model I did in TrueSpace before picking up Blender. I can hardly wait to get my hands on one! But...like everyone else. I have to sit by until the game boxes ship.

CURSE YOU EVER GIVEN! Blocking the canal has delayed my happiness by weeks!

Er... Anyway. The Battle Cobra tabletop mini!

DdUJTN8.jpg

I also posted a link to a collage showing some progress snapshots on DeviantArt. Really it's mostly the same stuff I've already posted here. Battle Cobra: From Sketch to Production
    Post edited by Lizzy777 on
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"