Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Shield hits in LW 8

lexington1709lexington1709339 Posts: 29Member
Can someone point me to a tut for shield hits in LW? I'm trying to make mine work and it looks like... well, you know. Crap. Guess I need a hint and nudge.

TY in advance!
Post edited by lexington1709 on

• count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    lwg3d.org has discussions on the best way to implement this, the current working idea is Cloth FX with a particle emitter.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • DAveDAve0 Posts: 0Member
    The 'normal' method is to surrond the shileded object with a transparent shield mesh (the simplest would be a sphere, more complexs would be a mesh that matched the ship shape). Then add a gradient texture which referenced a NULL and added noise to the texture on the shield so as the NULL approches the sheild the texture appears.

Not a great description, but I'm sure I have seen tut's around for this, try..

Lightwave Tutorials on the Web for many LW tut's

Also a brief search using the googleiser yeilded...
    Tigerclaw: Body - Which is the method I was trying to explain (badly)

Also SpinQuad LightWave 3D Community - Animated texture: Shields Up for a different effect that could probably be modified.

DAve
  • TheMightySpudTheMightySpud1 Posts: 0Member
    I've managed to crack it in LW8, am just trying to find time to write up the tutorial.

Demo Linkypoo

TheMightySpud
  • fluxfirefluxfire181 Posts: 604Member
    Could you PLEASE i have been trying to figure this out in LW but i am new to the Modeling programs how ever i do have some limited expericance in LW 9 at rendering videos. Just can't model for *$%^$

So if you could find the time to either post the tutorial or send me a pm of how to do it. I would greatly apprecitate it.