Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

3DPlaying With Lego Today

SeanPSeanP176 Posts: 230Member
edited December 2016 in Work in Progress #1
I built this in Lego Digital Design Studio and then exported it to 3DS MAX using LeoCAD. A couple of pieces didn't make it through, but no big deal I can probably freehand those. I had this Lego kit when I was a kid - some days I miss playing with Lego. :)

lego-spaceship.jpg?w=250
Post edited by SeanP on
Tagged:

• rojrenrojren350 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,485Member
    Legos are the best toy ever. I have a five gallon bucket of them in my basement waiting for when life gets too annoying.
    "...Journeys require endpoints, otherwise you're not Frodo, you're just some homeless guy wandering around with stolen jewelry."
    -The Oatmeal
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_180916 Posts: 8,938Member
    Great stuff as usual, Sean. :)

Legos are indeed fun. Both in real life and digitally. For a time, I was quite addicted to LeoCAD. ;)
  • SeanPSeanP176 Posts: 230Member
    Absolutely, Lego was the best toy ever when I was a kid and I'm thinking about buying some again now. :)
    Thanks EG180! I found the decals for this thing online yesterday afternoon so next week I will render a finished version.
  • StormcloudStormcloud1 Posts: 0Member
    SeanP wrote: »
    Absolutely, Lego was the best toy ever when I was a kid and I'm thinking about buying some again now. :)

yeah loved lego as a kid - then a few years ago i started collecting the star wars sets - and it still a lot of fun
    Cool Stormcloud!
    I watched a time lapse video of a guy building a Lego Star Destroyer the other day.
    That was pretty cool.

I finished the ship today.
    Added the decals, remodeled the antenna to the correct one and added the directional thrusters that didn't come through the export.

lego-spaceship-finished.jpg?w=250

lego-spaceship-finished-2.jpg?w=250
    Great stuff, bro. :thumb: Did you add the crack to the helmet yet? ;)
  • ComcoComco292 Posts: 1,263Administrator
    Haha. I loved how they did that in the Lego Movie. :)
    Nice work, Sean - adding those logos really brings back the nostalgia for me. I've still got my classic space lego - combined with everything else - in a box in the cupboard waiting for my kids to be old enough to play with it. :cool:
  • stonkystonky171 Posts: 0Member
    Great stuff!
    Thanks guys!
    I fell asleep watching the Lego movie on Netflix so I guess I'm going to have to watch it again. :o
    This was fun, but now I have to get back to work on stuff for my book.
    Next time I take a break I think I will build the LL 928 space cruiser - found a great site with tons of Lego instruction booklets.
    I also think I'm going to start buying some of these classic space Lego sets off of EBAY.
    I have a site full of those books in my bookmarks for when I get the urge. ;)
    That looks like a nice one. This is one I like.

http://www.brickfactory.info/