Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DPlaying With Lego Today

SeanPSeanP218 Posts: 256Member
edited December 2016 in Work in Progress #1
I built this in Lego Digital Design Studio and then exported it to 3DS MAX using LeoCAD. A couple of pieces didn't make it through, but no big deal I can probably freehand those. I had this Lego kit when I was a kid - some days I miss playing with Lego. :)

lego-spaceship.jpg?w=250
Post edited by SeanP on
Tagged:

• rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    Legos are the best toy ever. I have a five gallon bucket of them in my basement waiting for when life gets too annoying.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Great stuff as usual, Sean. :)

Legos are indeed fun. Both in real life and digitally. For a time, I was quite addicted to LeoCAD. ;)
  • SeanPSeanP218 Posts: 256Member
    Absolutely, Lego was the best toy ever when I was a kid and I'm thinking about buying some again now. :)
    Thanks EG180! I found the decals for this thing online yesterday afternoon so next week I will render a finished version.
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    SeanP wrote: »
    Absolutely, Lego was the best toy ever when I was a kid and I'm thinking about buying some again now. :)

yeah loved lego as a kid - then a few years ago i started collecting the star wars sets - and it still a lot of fun
    Cool Stormcloud!
    I watched a time lapse video of a guy building a Lego Star Destroyer the other day.
    That was pretty cool.

I finished the ship today.
    Added the decals, remodeled the antenna to the correct one and added the directional thrusters that didn't come through the export.

lego-spaceship-finished.jpg?w=250

lego-spaceship-finished-2.jpg?w=250
    Great stuff, bro. :thumb: Did you add the crack to the helmet yet? ;)
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Haha. I loved how they did that in the Lego Movie. :)
    Nice work, Sean - adding those logos really brings back the nostalgia for me. I've still got my classic space lego - combined with everything else - in a box in the cupboard waiting for my kids to be old enough to play with it. :cool:
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Great stuff!
    Thanks guys!
    I fell asleep watching the Lego movie on Netflix so I guess I'm going to have to watch it again. :o
    This was fun, but now I have to get back to work on stuff for my book.
    Next time I take a break I think I will build the LL 928 space cruiser - found a great site with tons of Lego instruction booklets.
    I also think I'm going to start buying some of these classic space Lego sets off of EBAY.
    I have a site full of those books in my bookmarks for when I get the urge. ;)
    That looks like a nice one. This is one I like.

http://www.brickfactory.info/