Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFTL Shuttle Design

124»

• TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    bosun wrote: »
    Taildragger landing gear configuration? I approve. Mainly because I have my tailwheel endorsement and it's my bounden duty to mock pilots who don't. :devil:

Extension sequence animation looks good. I can't quite make out exactly what's going on with the aft gear, but there's nothing that looks wrong or impossible there. :thumb:

Cheers, taildragger purely because that is the only way the twin landing gear config would work really, however also always nice to do something a little different with it. The aft gear is simply a single piston deployment affair with a few odds and sods in there too to deal with any slightly uneven terrain so the twin fat rear landing pads have a little give in them.

Thanks Evil. Will have a longer animation soon that encapsulates both landing gear configs to show them off. Docking collars and boarding ramps next.
    And here's the longer animation as promised...
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Ahh, nice job. Although it seems a bit of a waste to have the extra landing gear up front, but I can see why you did it. :)
    Schimpfy wrote: »
    Ahh, nice job. Although it seems a bit of a waste to have the extra landing gear up front, but I can see why you did it. :)

Thanks. Aye, it does add a little extra weight, but essentially gives you two craft for the price of one with the FTL and sublight configurations.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Great job on the animations. Everything looks nice and smooth.
    Thanks, also noted that Youtube didn't seem to butcher this one quite so much as it usually does with compression, so don't know what I did right there, but certainly happier with the results.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    You know--I seem to remember a comic book spaceship that had the main hull section similar to that, but there were two wings that ended in lobes. At the base of the two trailing wings--there were off spherical rocket pods with cone nozzles that narrowed into points for some reason.
    publiusr wrote: »
    You know--I seem to remember a comic book spaceship that had the main hull section similar to that, but there were two wings that ended in lobes. At the base of the two trailing wings--there were off spherical rocket pods with cone nozzles that narrowed into points for some reason.

Interesting, have a picture? Or remember what comic series you saw it in?