Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Alcove

2»

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804597 Posts: 11,184Member
    I love the shuttle. I'd love to see some more views of it. :)
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    You ask, we deliver ;)
    108519.jpg
    Cool, thanks. I like it a lot. :)
    Texturing really isn't my thing, but I think this looks good without anyway. I'm practically done with her. Any last suggestions?
    108837.jpg108838.jpg108839.jpg108840.jpg
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    BorgMan wrote: »
    Texturing really isn't my thing, but I think this looks good without anyway. I'm practically done with her. Any last suggestions?

I think it looks good. Texturing is an art just like modeling. It can be learned.
    It looks really good. I especially like the dark pic with all of the glows lighting the ship. And, yes, you can learn to texture. It just takes time and practice.
    Yeah, that's for another time.

Here's the Gladius in all her SkecthUppy glory. In case someone wants to play with her ;)
    Well, here's a quick scene I threw together. Lack of texturing is obvious in ALL models here. I'm going to need my own DS9; this was the best I could grab off of the 'warehouse and it's still low poly...
    108967.jpg
    Yeah, with some cool lighting, a higher detail DS9 and textures on everything, that could be really badass. I like the positions of the models. :)
    I've begun working on my own runabout. Only real problem thus far is that weird recess in the bottom of the cockpit, which houses... a generator? Greebles? I don't know. Anyway, when all the views are lined up, the floor of the runabout interferes with this crevice. As we know from Emissary, the floor of the runabout is on the same level as the hatches. With this in mind, one can see that the equipment in this crevice interferes with height of the floor. Not sure yet how to fix that...

On a related side note, these plans are rubbish. They're not properly lined up and even when they are, it's more than obvious that they're not the same size. Resizing only gets you so far, so I'll probably be taking some creative liberties with this one...
    109046.jpg
    Looking good so far. :thumb:

You definitely have to be careful with some of the sets of plans about. Not all of them are entirely accurate. Though, there's also that thing where, sometimes, the interior set doesn't exactly match up with the exterior miniature. Then it gets really fun. ;)
    Update time!
    109245.jpg
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972333 Posts: 1,211Member
    Looking good.
  • SnowCrashSnowCrash191 Posts: 279Member
    Some great work. I remember what a pain it was to model the runabout. Love the interior details you've don - reminds me how far I have to go though :(
    SnowCrash wrote: »
    Love the interior details you've don - reminds me how far I have to go though :(

Break as much of it into chunks as possible. No need to create entire corridor sections from scratch: just use one as a base and work from there. I'll upload a picture of my Cassini soon, perhaps it'll help you :)

[EDIT] Here we go. As you can see, all these corridors are broken up into chunks; some are smaller than others, some have a curve and so on. This creates a grid to which I have to adhere to, but it also gives me a base from which to work from for the rest of the ship. This means I let my frame work -the corridors- decide how much space I have for stuff, instead of the other way around.

For example, I first made a general lay-out for my crew quarters. After that, I pasted in the section of corridor I already had made, edited it a bit to include a door, and then looked how it fit. It needed a little bit of extra space to leave some room between the quarters, so I made a new section of corridor which was smaller: 2 meters instead of the base 4 meters. And so on.

I've included a top view of the ship as well. You'll notice how much of the components are just copy-pasted :)
    109255.jpg109256.jpg
  • SnowCrashSnowCrash191 Posts: 279Member
    Thanks for posting that. I am using pretty much the same method for my ship. Just too many decks :D

I do need to build some crew quarters still but I haven't really started on the saucer section - this has given my ideas though!
    The runabout is looking fantastic so far, BorgMan. :thumb:
    It'ssss NECRO TIME!

But it's my own thread, so no harm eh ;-) I've dug up some old renders I had lying around; figured it'd be a waste of CPU power if I didn't show them off.

FMC Mammoth Pod - Exterior
    SnobQjy.jpg

FMC Mammoth Pod - Interior
    That hatch on the right is there to facilitate a connection between this command pod and a housing pod. By stacking these on top of each other (with the command pod being the topmost), an impromptu self contained base can be created.
    b2vO8ZK.jpg

Constructing a Mammoth Pod
    oa7IjZe.jpg

Mammoth Pod internal frame and hull
    2LGlNbD.jpg

FMC Mammoth & Dart
    jl1DA2g.jpg

Temporary Base made out of Mammoth Pods
    fsRe2dt.jpg

Outpost - Work in Progress
    T2e7t0g.jpg

Last Refill
    mijtw4U.jpg

USS Carolina
    5UYlaXP.jpg

ISS Cole
    GoQJfVI.jpg

Watering Hole
    ztoYX8N.jpg
  • StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,981Member
    Good work all around!
    The mamooth still is one of my favs, after all these years. :)
    The Carolina captured my attention!
  • WideFootWideFoot83 Posts: 81Member
    Well, your Carolina has just become my favorite ship! Those Nacelles are amazing! But, I think my favorite part is the deflector and it's surround. I like the way the vents punch through into the deflector guts housing. And, the little grille under the edge of that first hull plate makes great eye liner.

The whole thing has a light and airy feel, like a building by Calatrava.

Does that bridge have interiors?
    Thanks for the kind words guys!

The original Carlolina can be found here. Way back when I figured that it would be an easy conversion to something Kelvin universe. The nacelles and pylons, while being nice and flowy, really make the model heavy and could use a remodel to something more simple; you don't really notice a lot of the geometry I've put in it. And yes, that bridge has an interior. So does the shuttlebay. And lower sensordome. And engineering is on the list, but I'm not yet sure how to make a visually appealing (and logical) Kelvin engineering...
  • WideFootWideFoot83 Posts: 81Member
    Well, now I really can't wait to see more! And, I would wait until you try to upload it to the warehouse. If it works, I would let it be. The model may be heavy, but that's okay if the whole thing isn't too unreasonable.