Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!
This is the fancy new sidebar. It offers quick access to your profile, messages, threads and so on.
Hit the X in the top right corner to dismiss this message.
Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

Searching for an old rant about the Sovereign class

The TroubadourThe Troubadour0 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2015 in General Discussion #1
Hi all, I've re-registered after a long time away, I was known as Bwana the Sheep back then. (It looks like there was a member purge.) Anyhow, I just have a strange question, and I understand if it's completely impractical and there's no way to get an answer!

A few years back, someone posted an absolutely delicious rant about how the Sovereign class is a giant deathtrap, even drawing on a render with angry scribbles, regarding its apparently useless "shelf" just below the shuttle bay, and other impractical qualities. I've been looking through the forums with an advanced search, without luck. I promise I'm not asking anyone to do work while I laze about, I'm just wondering if it immediately rings a bell for someone.

I'm asking mainly because I'm a writer looking to make a large for-fun Star Trek novel online and I'd like my main engineer to have a scribbled-on blueprint in his office with a bunch of ranty edits. I have a really neat ship design I've only been brainstorming so far, a long-range science vessel with the ability to defend itself against huge foes without lethal force.

Anyhow, hi again everyone! If this doesn't ring a bell, feel free to joke with me here about amusing design choices on Star Trek! I'm looking at you, Constitution with the neck begging to be snapped! (Well, that's only a problem during wartime, so it's anti-Roddenberry to insist everything be prepared for a fightA….)
Post edited by The Troubadour on
Tagged:

• LonewriterLonewriter226 Posts: 1,010Member
    I remember a thread like that but the forum had some issues awhile ago so it may have been deleted. I'd like to read that too.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1800 Posts: 0Member
    I don't know if they still do it, but I'm pretty sure the admins used to routinely purge threads over a certain age. Plus, there are the issues mentioned by Lonewriter.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67226 Posts: 1,891Member
    And there was a forum crash a number of years ago. Everything got lost