Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWIP Excelsior JJverse

• SATRSATR256 Posts: 413Member
    i love anything JJ style
  • komarokomaro348 CanadaPosts: 752Member
    Still working on the main texture. I will change the bmp map for sure...So I worked on other textures too like windows, phaser strip (Metal green). Add some colored places and line. Done the neck kind of a dark blue/green but metal refraction.

excel43.jpg

excel44.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804617 Posts: 11,190Member
    This is looking better and better. I really like the textures, they really give it that Excelsior vibe. :)
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    This is coming along quite nicely. Well done.
    Begun the texture on the hull. I was thinking about doing windows in physical, but...I am afraid to break the model at this point. So, I don't have a good solution to date. I have continued to put two main textures, one with less specular and small details, the other with more. It does kind of a cutout into the shape.

excel45.jpg

excel46.jpg

excel47.jpg

excel48.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    huh, a windowed Deflector area... Now that's unique.....
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    The deflector area is highly reflective...those aren't windows. If you look you'll see the neck is the same material which, IMHO, is entirely too shiny. Other than that this is a pretty neat take on the Excelsior.
    Schimpfy wrote: »
    The deflector area is highly reflective...those aren't windows. If you look you'll see the neck is the same material which, IMHO, is entirely too shiny. Other than that this is a pretty neat take on the Excelsior.

The material is MentalRay Metallic Paint. I prefer it to a max specular with no gloss...It depends a lot on the lighting too. I want to repeat the black surface more then the neck. I also want it on the engines...I might change the reflection when all the black metallic is applied.
    I think it's cool looking. It fits with the style of this universe.
    I changed the Mentalray metallic paint, for CarPaint instead. That gives me more speed in rendering, and I have tone down a bit the reflection. It also does a nice color effect with lighting. I did some physical windows on the top of the hull. Next step is making them into the hull...

excel49.jpg
    I changed the Mentalray metallic paint, for CarPaint instead. That gives me more speed in rendering, and I have tone down a bit the reflection. It also does a nice color effect with lighting. I did some physical windows on the top of the hull. Next step is making them into the hull...

excel49.jpg
    So, I did the windows on the hull with a texture. Quite a complicated process with composite textures...I was even able to put some variance of glow in them. I did an extra cutting on the hull.

excel50.jpg

excel51.jpg

excel52.jpg
    Looking good. I've never done windows with a texture. For some reason, it seems easier to me to model them. ;)
    looks impressive....
    Added more colours to bridge, neck and nacelles. Now I need to finish the engines...

excel53.jpg

excel54.jpg

excel55.jpg

excel56.jpg

excel57.jpg
    Update on the engines, and mod some colouring

excel58.jpg

excel59.jpg
    It's looking great. :)
    oh my....
    So, I added much details and colours to the engine. I also did the top cover slightly transparent and put kind of an engine inside.

excel60.jpg

excel61.jpg

As you can see below, I have put a top cover on the upper part of the engines. This way the long transparent aluminium is less exposed.

excel62.jpg

I have removed the central thing between the wings, and showed the complete neck that goes all along the hull. It's more simple and more elegant...I think

excel63.jpg
    I begun working on th edown shuttlebay area. I put my only real good shuttle in it.

excel64.jpg
    Finished the down part. Added the backdoor, windows and the back torpedoes launchers. I was doing low light testing to see problems, and I found a glitch on the saucer. Gonna check that...probably a non wield polygon...I need to put the letters and warning lights. Also I have no self illumination on the main texture. This is a big one since it also change the texture colors.

excel65.jpg

excel66.jpg

excel67.jpg
    Looking good. Wow, that's a huge bay.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    That looks really good. Nicely done.
    Thanks. I have fix the glitch. It was the symmetry seam.
    oh wow....
  • nukenuke171 Posts: 0Member
    She's beautiful
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann698 Posts: 1,343Member
    Definitely digging the multiple lights in the nacelles.
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 413Member
    i love anything JJ style, id love to see a Voyager with JJ influence
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    I really like the dorsal area of the stardrive. And the nacelle pylons are really nice too. Enjoying this thread a great deal.
    Thank you for the kind words. I have put the letters and the warning lights. I am putting the spot lights...done the saucer area. I have put a bit more of luminance on the main textures.

excel68.jpg

excel69.jpg