Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Da-wings and related stuff

2»

• TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    At first glance I thought the light on the raised edges of the engine drum might have been light reflected back from the rear rings, but that is definitely bleed where the drum sinks into the rear hull. And those engines are knitted into the hull rather than sunk in? Perhaps look at the settings for your self illuminated material, have you applied a glow effect yet? As if you have you might need to look at those settings to ensure your ship mesh interacts with the glow correctly.
  • jay-mojay-mo0 Posts: 0Member
    Decided to add some detail to the McQ a-wing while I figure out the best way to UV the ROTJ a-wing. Figured out how to control the light bleeding, there's a setting in GI settings in the render set up. Added more details to the aft section and some venting to the engine canisters. Just for fun I tested this model with an IBL set up.
    awing_McQ_005_zps8869976d.jpg
    here is the settings I used to correct the light bleeding.
    GIsettings_zps8b01df82.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Yeah, I'll be that is a pill to UV. The McQuarrie version is looking great. :)
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Great job and I really like that pilot. He has a distinctive look.
    Thanks Elowan. He comes in handy. Been trying him out in other ships. I scaled him as close to 6 ft as possible, although I don't know if the proportions are ok after I posed him. I scaled my old jedi ftr to 5.47 meters, which I thought was the length, and pooped him in. He is looking a little small. Granted,I made this ship back when there wasn't any good references so the fighter might be off.

test22_zpsabc6b62e.jpg
    test23_zps349b5c93.jpg
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    It works so don't sweat it.
    I think your pilot is freaking awesome. I just forgot to tell you that earlier in the thread.
    evil_genius_180, Elowan: Thanks!

Small updates. Cut out the slots on the hull and a little bit of panel lines on the fins, hard to see.
    Played with Iray. I really like it. It handles self illuminating materials better than mental ray.

30 min render
    awing_018_zps3f065a62.jpg

15 min in mental ray
    awing_019_zps37f39d1c.jpg
    slots, harder than expected to do without messing up poly flow too bad.
    awing_020_zps6369e509.jpg
  • McCMcC373 Posts: 704Member
    The model looks great. That Iray render really pops more than the Mental Ray renders, especially the engine glows. The hull also looks less plastic and the glass is improved too.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent work. Is the perspective a little screwy on that first Mental Ray render though? iRay does give you some great effects with self-illuminated materials, looks great.

:thumb: