Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DMirror Horizon

• lennier1lennier1917 Posts: 1,286Member
    Hard to add any new comments. It's awesome work, as you're aware and as was already mentioned several times over in previous posts.
  • DaemoriaDaemoria331 Posts: 0Member
    Yea, I guess thats an issue for posting mostly finished images? I guess I was just hoping for either some feed back/critique, or questions about the material. :D

I'm almost done with this series, just the last pair of images...and then I can move onto bigger and better projects.
  • MaxxRushMaxxRush180 Posts: 168Member
    Daemoria wrote: »
    Yea, I guess thats an issue for posting mostly finished images? I guess I was just hoping for either some feed back/critique, or questions about the material. :D

I'm almost done with this series, just the last pair of images...and then I can move onto bigger and better projects.

I've learned over the years here to just decide on my own that no comments = everybody likes it, or otherwise, has nothing to bitch about. It's better for my sanity that way :D
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    Your ships have some really nice designs though i'm still not a fan of the cartoon style of your images. I like the fact you have included what i assume are heat radiators on your 3rd september 22:18 image. All of your designs are all the sort of thing that makes one wish one had the creativity you have.
  • rojrenrojren2349 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,984Member
    I like the variety of styles you use. And I like the designs and colors.

Over the last few years this site has become very, very Star Trek -centric. If you want a lot of visits to your threads, throw some nacelles on any old shape, give it a class name and you'll get lots of comments.
  • MaxxRushMaxxRush180 Posts: 168Member
    rojren wrote: »
    I like the variety of styles you use. And I like the designs and colors.

Over the last few years this site has become very, very Star Trek -centric. If you want a lot of visits to your threads, throw some nacelles on any old shape, give it a class name and you'll get lots of comments.

Another option is to have lots and lots of greebles. People here are a tad greeble-crazy. :D My Honorverse ships are screwed either way as greebling is pretty much nonexistent, and there ain't a nacelle to be found anywhere.

Oh, and interesting aztec-like textures. My ships have *no* textures, nor paneling (another plus for getting comments), since the armor/hulls are "grown" in place around the internals and framework.

Still, I just keep posting new ships as I build them, and don't really care if I get comments about them. There are, or were, at least, some Honorverse fans around here, and while having good comments from non-fans is nice, my ships are built mainly for those who know the Honorverse.

And to provide "book-canon" looks for the ships before people get the weird (non-canon) designs depicted in the comics, game(s), and upcoming film.
    Yea I do enjoy the other people who post their non-star trek/wars fan images. Sadly I've never really gotten into the MaxxRush; Honorverse novels myself. Its one of those things I keep putting off, I think it might be due to the huge amount of political intrigue and number of names I'd have to keep straight.

Everyone else; thanks for the kind words.

oh look, nacelles. wait..there is one of my ships there too...oh well, I tried. :D
    uUUVMcv.png
    aiJx6fZ.png
    ecvJYMv.gif
    0XFWBd1.png

The End(?)

Nope.

Mirror Fields -1-

9EOZGSB.png

Mirror Fields -2-
    NSFW -there is a naked person in it-
    PdN5Bnf.png
    LBQvbJL.png
    qEPxXBM.png
    silka_pwnage_03.png
    freigthr_0.png
    freigthr_1.png
    kanyka_barrage_00.png

Some renders/combat scenes of various vessels. Aside from the smaller corvette in the first image, these are not my designs. I just made them a bit sexier. :I
  • Howard DayHoward Day632 Posts: 434Member
    Okay, I freaking love your style. Your designs are excellent, your coloring is great, and I love just everything about it. I just want to see more and more - as well as know the stories before these different projects.
    Keep up the good work!
    OoHNLa7.png

T7Friyz.png
    5i3ujRt.png
    G1AAHiZ.png
    KHSoolQ.png
    3dmTFRs.png
    Same deal as usual, click the image for the larger resolution.

9AMjHnK.png

NvK1f6R.png
  • Howard DayHoward Day632 Posts: 434Member
    Wow, looks awesome! I really, really love your ship designs. I wish I had time, or I'd take them as inspiration for some game art. :D
  • rojrenrojren2349 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,984Member
    Interesting shape on the yellow ship.
    Thanks for the comments, i'm glad some people are getting a kick out of my non-star trek/wars images.

n0DrrYe.png

The start of my next big project.

--> https://skfb.ly/BS9D <--
    click for 3d WIP mesh view.
    WvVY3Q9.png

First super-dreadnought.
    Myrhymn super-dreadnought. The first such capital ship, designed to transport fleets at FTL speeds, and to kill other super-capitals.
    The first super-dreadnought hull construction started in 5830, and was completed 6 years later.

The Myrhymn class was used to great effect in quelling splinter factions of humanity in the Andromeda and Magellanic Cloud galaxies.
    -Text and drawing WIP-
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Daemoria wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments, i'm glad some people are getting a kick out of my non-star trek/wars images.

Some? I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of those peeking in at your "Thread of mostly awesomeness" would, if they were to comment, tell you that your original material kicks ass :)
    thanks for the kind words cavebear, rojren and howard day.
    wg32lyS.png
    Om1SQBq.png

Needleships are the designed to fill the gap between dedicated planetary surface to space shuttles and SSTO (single stage to orbit) space craft. While the price for maintenance of these craft is cheap relative to other interplanetary starships, their costs still place them out of the range of private civilian ownership. The closest 21st century comparison would place them in the similar range as privately owned corporate jets.

Needleships are capable of interplanetary travel, but not interstellar, due to lack of any form of faster than light drive. The living section of the Spenrow can hold a crew of 6 with room enough for 10 passengers to enjoy their voyage in luxury.

Pentaros class needleships are employed by planetary governments to act as a self defense force, in lieu of operating a standing force of warships. Equipped with 2 spinal mounted 200mm railguns, a 400mm coilgun, and an advanced ECM and ECCM suite, this vessel is well suited to prevent small pirate attacks and provide protection against asteroid impacts. The Pentaros is primarily used as a rescue vessel, retrieving ships adrift through the system due to one reason or other.
  • awarnockawarnock61 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome stuff. Love the Homeworld/Chris Foss vibe.
  • Angel NataviAngel Natavi174 Posts: 0Member
    Oh wow. I'd love to try my hand at modeling some of these... Excellent concepts.
    Oh wow. I'd love to try my hand at modeling some of these... Excellent concepts.

Some of these concepts I did for another person, so you will have to tell me what specific design you want to try your hand at modeling so i can yea/nay it.

Thanks for expressing interest in my works.

I have a couple more designs floating around the brain-meats, but I got distracted by doing character art. I'll post the ideas when i get something... Excuses, I know, but i don't like posting here without art to show for myself. :(
    4EoIqcj.png
    The 'Wisne' class shuttle is designed to ferry passengers to low orbit installations not hooked into the orbital ring facilities, and thus not reachable by orbit mag-transit systems.

Using a dual-mode vacuum/air-breathing plasma thruster/pulse jet, the 'Wisne' is capable of taking off and landing on planets with and without atmospheres.
  • I.g.(.I.g.(.0 Posts: 0Member
    Still love your style. This last shuttle is very very cool. I'd love to see more of it, maybe an 'in-action' shoot? The landing or docking would be awesome as we would see some of the environment of your universe :3
    keep it up & best wishes for the new year!
    Refined a couple meshes for illustration purposes.

atmosphere_diving_by_daemoria-d8ceqtp.png

soviet_arival_by_daemoria-d8ceqto.png

shadows_of_ots_by_daemoria-d8ceqtl.png

kasy_by_daemoria-d8cfvwa.png

107701.png
    kasy.png 107.4K
    A selection of the rogue Exna Fleet 'Purity' human-portable armaments. Used during the last centuries of the Darkwars, these represent the pinnacle of human weapons research at the time. The beginning of using gravity manipulation for human portable weapon systems is also represented by the VN class devices.

Click image for full resolution.
    BarYD4z.png
    Biological armor of 6380. Step right up and grab yourself a set.

hzhHwA5.png

[URL="https://i.imgur.com/7Z2zCk3.png]7Z2zCk3.png[/URL]
    Biotek Bonesuits represent one of the greatest biological and technological marvels of engineering. The field of science known as Biomancy has created a hybrid of specially grown strain of organic life forms crossed with nano-material sciences. Biomancers shape these into a wearable suit. This suit, sometimes referred to incorrectly as a 'Parasite-suit', or simply a 'Bonesuit', is standard issue for members of the Exna fleet 'Purity'.

The most basic form of the Biotek Bonesuit provides basic ballistic protection from shrapnel and small caliber rounds (7.62x54R or .458 Lott) while providing for a sealed environment in event of exposure to vacuum.
    The muscle of the Biotek organism supplements its owners' own strength, allowing an exponential increase in strength and endurance. This is useful in both combat and non-combat situations.
    The most revolutionary function of the Bonesuit is its ability to resuscitate its owner from nearly all wounds if given enough time. Doing so for 'fatal wounds' typically can take 34 cycles, with much less time for less significant wounds.

Because the Biotek Bonesuit is a living organism, it requires nutrient infusion at regular intervals to remain healthy and to ensure its functionality is unhindered.

Higher levels of Biotek suits are simply refereed to by numerical designation, from zero (pictured far left) to three (pictured far right). The Biotek organisms that make up higher level Bonesuits provide additional functionalities to aid their owner. The major additional functions are listed as follows.

Level 0 - (SKIN) capabilities listed above

Level 1 - (EXO) Chromatic carapace to provide additional protection against impact and piercing damage to owner. Mag latch points for gear storage.

Level 2 - (EVA) Advanced optical organs. Additional layered chromatic carapace for enhanced protection. Type 1 gravity field generator and paired heat sinks, allowing the owner to modify her own local gravity field. Tentacles to aid in null-gravity maneuvering and manipulation of objects surrounding the user. Tentacles are coated in a molybdenum infused neurotoxin to aid in capture of organic targets.

Level 3 - (MBT) Hardened chromatic carapace to provide a nearly impenetrable protective surface. Type 2 gravity Biotek organ to provide manipulation of local space. Number of tentacles are increased.