Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DR5 blues...

WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2014 in Finished Work #1
Just one for fun (with a WIP R5) :)
103589.jpg
Post edited by Wiz on
Tagged:

• TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Heh, nice work fella, battered up just enough.

:thumb:
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks mate, here is a quick shot closer up (Artoo popped in to see how the work is going ;)).
    103613.jpg
  • raytridiraytridi0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice Artoo works. Your dirty texture style looking good.
    Thanks matey :) gonna bust R5 up a little more, and maybe just a bit more dirt (sand and stuff :)).
  • RekkertRekkert4101 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,310Member
    That looks great!
    I fear that I might get banned if I say this, but I actually prefer the R5 over the R2 design. :lol:
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    Wiz wrote: »
    Thanks matey :) gonna bust R5 up a little more, and maybe just a bit more dirt (sand and stuff :)).

how have you been applying all this dirt, i could really do with knowing for when i get to the wear and tear stage on my own models.
    @Rekkert, a brave brave man ;) and he is growing on me too :)

@spacefigher, I did an ambient layer of dirt for a first pass (using white plaster walls from Cgtextures to get some great off white coloured low level dirt), and then picked up grunge decals and added them over the top, being sure to increase the dirt in areas where it would naturally collect (crevices, inside the lense cavities, near the base of the feet etc.); and then on top of that added skuff marks added around the shoulder areas and again places where things would tend to rub. I will post an example tonight when I get home of the general dirt build up for the low level pass :)
    And of course, nothing beats looking at the real thing and seeing how the dirt collects :)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's awesome, dude. I love the R5 units. :D
    Thanks evil :)

@spacefighter; apology's I didn't get a chance last night to dig out the texture shots, but hopefully will this evening :)
    Another update; first pass on the radial brushed metal on the neck brace....

dku7.jpg

@spacefighter; below is a part shot of the body texture, this is just the diffuse map, and from this I extrapolate the roughness and spec maps, and then add further layers, bump, scratches etc. (although since switching to iray from Mental Ray, I am waiting on the support to for this app to catch up on a few of them additions so I can re-include them).

uws9.jpg

Hope this helps :)

Wiz.
    103623.jpg103624.jpg
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    I need a nice wallpaper wiz. bring it on!
    Ermmmm short notice... not a desktop, but something apt ;)
    104144.jpg
    And this one.... :)
    104145.jpg
    r2.jpg 176.4K
    Ignore this post; posted on the wrong thread lol
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    just trying to imagine r2 getting drunk, lol.
    :lol: Here he is after a drunken session and going to a tattooist (always a bad idea) ;)
    104179.jpg
    JES
    I did that once. It was a bit of a surreal experience to have some dude drawing on my arm while I was wasted. ;)

That looks great. It's nice to see one of the "alternate" paint jobs from the original movies. If I remember correctly, that one was seen at the Rebel base in Star Wars, possibly on Leia's ship too.
    Yep from the Tantive in A New Hope... :)

And I once turned up on Venice beach very drunk determined to get a tattoo (my friend was at a place the day before and gotten a tattoo and said hey why don't you get one, which is a fantastic idea when you are out of your gord...), thankfully the tattooist whose name I believe was Mad Eddie, was out so I was saved from getting scribbled on ;)
    Some places won't tattoo drunk people because the alcohol thins your blood and you'll bleed more. Clearly, the shop I went to just outside of Ft. Bragg, NC had no such policy. ;)
  • rojrenrojren2308 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,972Member
    A friend of mine owns several tattoo shops across Indiana. He won't tattoo anyone incapacitated. Mad drunks are easier to deal with than mad, sober lawyers.
    I think the other astromech's are silently planning Purple's demise.
    :lol: Here he is after a drunken session and going to a tattooist (always a bad idea) ;)
    ohhh, looks like an eyepatch! :D