Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Renegades - Klingon Warbird

tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Well, as some of you are probably aware, thereA’s a project out there called "Star Trek:Renegades". Current plans are to do a pilot episode and then see if CBS likes it and we can continue and produce a web series. The pilot will be directed by Tim Russ (Tuvok from Voyager) and will feature a lot of well-known faces as well as fresh ones.

More infos here: http://startrekrenegades.com/home/

I am part of the visual effects team, and the first challenge is building a new klingon ship, designed by none other then John Eaves (Enterprise E and tons of others designs).

Already a couple of hours into the build, hereA’s the top of the head...

warbird_wip_01.jpg

www.thelightworks.com/wip/renegades/warbird_wip_01.jpg
103296.jpg
Post edited by tobiasrichter on
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Klingon ships aren't called Warbirds, those are Romulan ships. They were incorrectly called that in the pilot for Enterprise (the producers acknowledged that was a mistake) and we won't even talk about JJ calling them that. ;)

Having said that, I absolutely love the ship. John Eaves designing and you modeling is a winning combination. :D I'm definitely interested in the series, so thanks for the link. (it's bookmarked) I love seeing people like Tim Russ doing Star Trek, people who have a passion for what they're doing.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    looks awesome, not got much time at moment so cannot say all my thoughts here and now, but all in all great vwork. john eaves comes up with some wicked ideas(scimitar/valdore), this looks like another of them. can see old klingon battlecruiser shape but vast improvements in sketch. look forward to seeing more.
  • trekkitrekki951 Posts: 1,405Member
    Hello Tobias,
    nice again to see something from you. Are you the models for the pilot?
    Maybe the CG animation? That would be really great.
    The first pictures look really good, I'm looking forward to the entire object.

Greetings
    trekki :)
  • RekkertRekkert4101 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,310Member
    A very nice design as we would expect from John Eaves, and so far the modeling is spectacular. I love how you took the original concept and took it to the next level in terms of details with your modeling.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent work as ever Tobias. Strangely enough I was checking out news on this show earlier this weekend as I just happened across it while surfing the net. Great to see you're working on it. Looks interesting, and I will definitely be keeping an eye on any further developments.

:thumb:
  • theCommandertheCommander0 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet... was waiting for someone to take this design and build it!! :thumb:
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    Awesome! Love the design John Eaves did...of course. This is gonna look great
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice work! :)
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    Oh More Tobias work! Squee!!!!!

So this a post Voyager series? seems a bit "Enterprise-e" in that looks like the D-4, Raptor etc. egh, I'll wait to see how this shapes up!

As always looking good. Is there more to John's drawings than the perspective view??
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Thank you all! I wish I had more time to work on this, but so far it is on the "free time" burner...

Trekki: as it is currently planned, I will execute some of the space shots. We have a fantastic team of very capable people, and theres enough stuff for everyone to do.
    Valk: John did sketches of all sides to help with the build.
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    John did sketches of all sides to help with the build.

Really? Will you be showing those? I am very eager to watch this build! Interesting project!!
  • rjw4259rjw42590 Posts: 0Member
    Ok, that does it, I will pay real money for a video of you doing a ship from start to finish....

...Seriously...

...real money...

...that you can buy stuff with....

...Please?
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    LOL!!!

:lol:

:thumb:
  • raytridiraytridi0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work. This project is looks good. I hope you will be continue to this project.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    The cobrqa head is inspired.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Nice!
    Looking forward to the rest of it :)
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann634 Posts: 1,290Member
    That's pretty darn good looking, Tobias! It feels like so long since we got "new" "real" Star Trek ships.
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    awesome, tobias!! would like to see this beauty in her first battle.....
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    I hope those torpedo launchers behind the neck don't have a line of sight on the bridge. I know how Klingons consider suicide not very honorable. :D
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • bosunbosun62 Posts: 0Member
    Wow! I've always thought of Klingon ships as dangerous, scary, functional, awkward, and kind of ugly looking. This one looks dangerous, scary, functional, and graceful. Which makes it even scarier. Beautifully done.
  • RekkertRekkert4101 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,310Member
    Those two renders from the front of the ship... it looks so menacing.

I'm not too sure I like the pointy ends of the engineering hull yet (I'll have to wait to see it in motion), but the rest of it... just WOW. Another amazing design by Mr. Eaves and another amazing build by you, Tobias!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    Great design and detailing!
    that's excellent. great shapes and brilliant positions for the parts, i can see some features from other klingon ships and they are all put together flawlessly here. also several orders of magnitude better than the original klingon battlecruisers(k'tinga and the like). might we be treated to a flyby animation?
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    Wow, loving this..way more than the new Bird of Prey in ST: Into Darkness!
  • Dark SaberDark Saber1 Posts: 0Member
    WOW, another great build in the making from Tobias. I love getting to work with his builds on Axanar. This is looking really really cool.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    It came out beautiful, Tobias. :thumb: I'm looking forward to seeing how you texture it.
  • ZeropointZeropoint0 Posts: 0Member
    That looks great; faithful to the original but with a modern air of graceful menace. This looks like a ship that's the result of starting with the classic D7 class and emphasizing the good aspects while working out all the flaws, leaving distilled meanness. Congrats!
    japetus wrote: »
    Wow, loving this..way more than the new Bird of Prey in ST: Into Darkness!

hard to compare anything to that new BOP because you never get a very good look at it, and the only pics on the internet are screen captures which are taken from the few angles you see in the film.

that reminds me: will star trek renegades have it's own BOp reboot, given how well you've modified the k'tinga your bop would be stunning.