Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Dkit bash of madship yard models

songokusatsusongokusatsu61 Posts: 11Member
edited September 2013 in Work in Progress #1
thought id have a crack at a kit bash of two madman ships.
the full bash will have a light rig and full textures.

converted from max to blender.

the kit bash has been done but textures and rig need to be finished.
if you think this is cool or any hints and tips please leave a comment

any kit bashes i do are in tribute to mr madman thank you for your hard work on all your models.
you have shown me that if you put your mind to it anything is possible.
and i can never thank you enough.

all madverse ships are available to download at madshipyard.com

only textures on model at the moment are windows hull plating a spec maps and inner bussard
103252.png
Post edited by songokusatsu on
Tagged:

• biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    And did you get his permission to bash his ships?
  • Soran77Soran770 Posts: 0Member
    I agree with Biotech's question. You need to get his permission before you do any kit bashing of his meshes. :) Just a heads up!
  • nOObnOOb0 Posts: 0Member
    Soran77 wrote: »
    I agree with Biotech's question. You need to get his permission before you do any kit bashing of his meshes. :) Just a heads up!

He gave madman credit in the post as well as the title of the thread, so why would permission be necessary? Just asking because I could see myself doing something similar, and I want to know all the rules here. BTW Pretty good kitbash you have there, I actually like jj nacelles. IMO you could incorporate slightly curved pylons to kind of tie them to the rest of the ship better
  • anystaranystar0 Posts: 0Member
    i'm not sure where you guys are getting this controversy from. this is kind of the REASON he shares his models on his site:

"I've made these meshes available for download, so that others might make artwork with them, and come up with their own ideas. This list will surely grow, over time. All files are compressed in the ".ZIP" format, and can be opened with WINZIP. They have been saved with Blender 2.45 unless otherwise stated. Each download contains a "ReadMe.txt" file as well, that gives details about how to credit the model in an image you might create. If you like one of these models and make an image with it, let me know, because I'd like to see it!
    "

anyway... its looking nice so far!
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Usually in a README file it specifically says you are free to use the model but not alter it.

Abuse of free models it what makes most people not put them out in the first place.
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    biotech wrote: »
    Usually in a README file it specifically says you are free to use the model but not alter it.

Abuse of free models it what makes most people not put them out in the first place.

I do not understand this thought pattern. If you create a fan model of the Enterprise, or some other such thing from Star Trek, you can't really sell it or make money off it because you do not own the Star Trek Intellectual Property. So if I make a mesh of starship, and upload it somewhere for free, people can make the aztecs rainbow for all I care.
    PixelMagic wrote: »
    I do not understand this thought pattern. If you create a fan model of the Enterprise, or some other such thing from Star Trek, you can't really sell it or make money off it because you do not own the Star Trek Intellectual Property. So if I make a mesh of starship, and upload it somewhere for free, people can make the aztecs rainbow for all I care.

its all silly really.
    could have just looked at the readme from one of the meshes if he was curious.

Madman's a member here isnt he?

the actual readme:
    The USS Enterprise, NCC-1701 as seen in Star Trek (2009).

Model Format: .blend (Blender version 2.45)

Faces: 270,000 or so

Textures Included: Yes, they are packed. If you are performing a conversion, open the file in Blender, click File, and select Unpack Textures. This will output the textures into a folder beneath the one where the ship was extracted called "textures".

Credit requirements: Ricky "MadMan1701A" Wallace (www.madshipyard.com)

Description: This is the USS Enterprise, as seen in the new "Star Trek" movie.

Notes: This is version 6 of this mesh, and is my final version. This model is much more accurate than my previous versions, since I was able to use DVD screencaps and Tobias Richter's excellent Orthographic views to get everything lined up right. It is not rigged for animation; if anyone wants to add those features, please send me a copy of the file to work with :).

Feel free to use this model for personal use, but let me know what you create with it, since I am always curious to see what other fans can come up with.

Thanks,

Ricky "MadMan" Wallace
    www.madshipyard.com
    [email protected]

ps: @bio sorry, didnt mean it to sound so "snarky" no offence meant.
  • RekkertRekkert4080 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,308Member
    Your modifications are looking good so far.

I actually include a similar readme on my released Trek models, and I would actually like to see and encourage people to modify them as long as they recognize I was the original creator.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    Hey guys...

I think I'm still here. :)

Sure, anyone can bash my ships into whatever they want, as long as I get credit somewhere. I think it's neat when I run across things like that, later.

I made the MadUniverse ones easy to take apart, for that reason.

Have fun, guys. :)

-Ricky
  • songokusatsusongokusatsu61 Posts: 11Member
    so im abusing his models :( this is not what i wanted when i was doing the kit bash. i did it because the guy with his work and passion for trek gave me my passion back to do anything with 3d animation.....i see i was wrong.....perhaps im not ment for this...
  • sojournersojourner0 Posts: 0Member
    Dude, the post right before yours is from Madman saying that what you're doing is fine.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Hey songokusatsu, look at the last post of page 1 of this thread. Madman himself gave his blessing for you to go ahead. So, do it!
    The kitbash is looking interesting. :)
    i did not notice madmans post when i posted mine. lol does not help lot of things going on im my personla life thats got me well shall we say low. im just not used to trolls lol thanks starship :)
  • 3DTEKO63DTEKO6171 Posts: 12Member
    Cool idea. Squeezing members over rules so much like this is a good way to kill what's left of internet forums these days.
  • Soran77Soran770 Posts: 0Member
    All I was saying was I wouldn't want someone to use my models without permission. Madman made it clear it's okay to use his stuff. As for squeezing members over rules is not what I was doing, but this site has rules, and if people ignore those rules this site will just die. I wasn't being a Troll, or trying to be an a-hole. I have been a member of this site for many years, and I just want people to realize most of us veterans of the site follow these rules, and we realize that the site has new members all the time, but just because you are new doesn't mean the rules don't apply.

Rant over..
    im not new ive been on the site since 2011 lol
    anyway people for heavens sake lets all just get along and enjoy what we love doing :) more ship updates to follow
    got to add reg num, light rig and then upper layer of hull textures yet lol
    more ship updates to follow
    got to add reg num, light rig and then upper layer of hull textures yet lol

yes please, lets get back to the goodies :)