Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DA-WING Fighter - Studio Scale

BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2014 in Work in Progress #1
Hi Guys

Not done any Star Wars stuff for a while, but this is a side project, while I work on The Avengers stuff, ..... Started with the main structure, with the fuselage still needing some work ...

Jas

Click on Link to view Full Size 1440 x 900

ZY7U3B.jpg Full Size Pic
102812.jpg
Post edited by Binkerman on
Tagged:

• TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice start, always thought this was a cool, but simple design. Just looks like it should be effective in it's job of being super fast and agile with those slick arrowhead lines. A shame we didn't get to see more of these bad boys in action in the movie, same with the B-Wing.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Always did like this ship. Looking good.
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Cheers guys ! :thumb: ... Yeah, agree .. should have seen more of the A's & B's ...

Another pic showing a couple more angles ... The Interior of the engines are not complete yet, and the four smaller central nozzles will be replaced later ....

Jas

Click to View Full Size 1440 x 900

a2QfJ9.jpg Full Size Pic
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Awesome! Great start, Jas.:)
  • RekkertRekkert4126 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,314Member
    Great start on the modeling.
    I must admit that I'm not much of a fan of this design, I've always preferred the original concept design.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • greeblegreeble174 Posts: 0Member
    nice work so far!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Nice work. As others have said, this is a favorite of mine. I have some Star Wars fighter games (Rogue Squadron, etc.) and I always like it when I can use the A-Wing. It has less shields, but it's a fast little beast. :D
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Solid work as ever Jas, looking forward to seeing this progress :) (last night I spent an hour trying to come up with a simple greeble for a wall for one of the hangars I am doing, which ended in sheer frustration as nothing looked right so I had a beer instead, the madness continues). :)
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    very nice start! I'm looking forward to more! :)
  • ryo80ryo800 Posts: 0Member
    Have to echo everyone here, this is looking great so far!
  • bosunbosun62 Posts: 0Member
    A-wing is one of my favorites too. Back in the day I built the plastic model and shoehorned in LEDs in the engines and fiber optics for instrument panel lights. I managed to fit the battery inside and used the pivoting lasers as a switch, so it was totally self-contained with no need for a stand or outside wiring to light it. Painted blue markings on and covered the rest of the hull with adhesive aluminum foil for a shiny polished hotrod look. Wish I still had that model; moving can suck.
    Thanks everyone ! :thumb: ...

Wiz wrote: »
    last night I spent an hour trying to come up with a simple greeble for a wall for one of the hangars I am doing, which ended in sheer frustration as nothing looked right so I had a beer instead, the madness continues. :)

@ Wiz:

Don't let those swines at the Asylum get to you mate, ... Falling for the old,, ... 'design a simple shape to stick on a wall' routine, ... It's got frustration written all over it, ... And you wonder why you're at Shady Acres, .... Where you getting the Alcohol from ? ... Trading sexual favours with Ethel again ? ...

@ bosun:

I did something similar yonks ago, with the old AMT kit, think i bought 3 of them for spare parts ... heavily modified it, with fibre optics in the cockpit, L.E.Ds etc, .. was quite a challenge with a small model, as it was packed with wires .. , but was fun to do ;) ... I took some pics of it at the time (back in 97) ... If I ever find them, will show a couple ...

Jas
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    I like this very much. Please finish. :)
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Wiz wrote: »
    Solid work as ever Jas, looking forward to seeing this progress :) (last night I spent an hour trying to come up with a simple greeble for a wall for one of the hangars I am doing, which ended in sheer frustration as nothing looked right so I had a beer instead, the madness continues). :)

Sometimes it takes 2 beers. :p
  • jay-mojay-mo0 Posts: 0Member
    Binkerman doing an a-wing... Sweet!!! Been trying to start one of these for a couple of years myself, but just don't have it in me right now. Great start, looking forward to this.
    Cheers Guys ! :thumb: ... Pic below shows a couple of wires of the current build ...

Unfortunately updates will be slow at the moment, as I've got other things to finish first, ... but do look forward to completing this one (with Pilot) ...

Jas

Click on Link to View Full Size - 1440 x 900

007HpP.jpg Full Size Pic
    nice wires :)
    That's looking fantastic so far. :)
  • RekkertRekkert4126 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,314Member
    That's a very nice and clean mesh.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Nice, loving the look of this, very tight mesh.

:thumb:
    Hey Ethel has her pro's and cons, the pro being she bring her own hooch to share, and the trick is to drink as quickly and as much as possible so you are to wasted to remember the cons...

And loving the progress! :)
    Cheers Guys ! ... All the best for 2014 ! :thumb: ....

@ Wiz ... lol

Busy working on other things atm, so updates will only pop up now and again for the A-Wing .... though will be working on some Star Wars models this year, ... one of them being the Speeder Bike ...

Jas

*EDIT* - Updated Pics - Post #33
    great progress! its awesome

can't wait for more!

Chris
    That's looking beautiful.
    Terrific work, that ship never looked so good, can't wait to see her textured.

:thumb:
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Jas, that looks awesome. Had to get that in before the site goes down again or some other nonsense.

BTW, it is 2014 now and that means the fabled return of an impressive military walker, right?
  • DarkSapiensDarkSapiens174 Posts: 0Member
    Very good model!

I'd love to see it from other angles :)
    She's a beauty, not Ethel beauty but a cracker none the less :)
    Thanks guys, appreciate it ! :thumb: ..... Lorne's lending a hand (pic below) :D ....

@ Road Warrior:

It will be returning this year ;) ... *EDIT* Been caught up with other work, .. but do plan on its return ;) ...

Jas

Click on Link to View Full Size - 1440 x 900

Ma9N5I.jpg Full Size Pic
    I love it. That's cool that Lorne is lending a hand.