Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAndy Probert's parallel Design of U.S.S. HELIOS NCC-2389

2»

• ihlecreationsihlecreations0 Posts: 0Member
    Hi all, I let Vladimir know already so I thought I would share it here as well, I had a chat with Andy Probert and he let me know it was in fact me he was referring to about when it came to the design, although it wasn't a collaboration but a parallel design process that was going on, which is cool since he was influenced by my sketches. He was unsure if it was me because at the time he was also assisting Fuzzy Modem with his design and as he put it his memory failed him as to who was who. Just wanted to clear things up. Now lets see some more of this VM!!!!
  • ihlecreationsihlecreations0 Posts: 0Member
    Also another freaky similarity I found in a quicky render I did after my design was chosen for STO and I had a request from a few people to see what I had in mind, this was done before Cryptic released any thing of their Odyssey Class. I think it resembles VM's model more than the final version that was released by Cryptic.

Ent-Quicky.png
    102641.png
  • vmblastvmblast3 Posts: 0Member
    Also another freaky similarity I found in a quicky render I did after my design was chosen for STO and I had a request from a few people to see what I had in mind, this was done before Cryptic released any thing of their Odyssey Class. I think it resembles VM's model more than the final version that was released by Cryptic.

Ent-Quicky.png

Actually this looks really nice (and quite close to what I did as a derivate from Andys sketches) :) .

I am really sorry that STO messed up your design so badly :( . Also, I think black (or near black gray) dont have place on the Federation spaceships -I really hated those details on the Ent E :p

However this was quite nice idea and out of the box design :)
  • USS MarinerUSS Mariner0 Posts: 0Member
    In 2007, Probert e-mailed me about how eerily similar my refit-Ambassador's engines were to those belonging to a future Enterprise concept he had done "years ago." I should print and frame that email on my wall sometime...

Looking at the sketches now, It just occurred to me that those sketches are of the E-F (then E-E) concept you've been working on.

I've made several posts on that thread, yet it never occurred to me that I've seen that design before. D'oh.
  • vmblastvmblast3 Posts: 0Member
    In 2007, Probert e-mailed me about how eerily similar my refit-Ambassador's engines were to those belonging to a future Enterprise concept he had done "years ago." I should print and frame that email on my wall sometime...

Looking at the sketches now, It just occurred to me that those sketches are of the E-F (then E-E) concept you've been working on.

I've made several posts on that thread, yet it never occurred to me that I've seen that design before. D'oh.

That sound quite interesting. Maybe you could post it here as well ;)
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Since weA’re talking about the "F" variants and versions, and about how it could have been, I think it can be of interest. :)Early in 90A’s, the brazilian magazine A“StarlogA” published this sketch, supposing to be the future Enterprise-F. Last year, I asked Doug and Eaves about it, but they donA’t know the sketch and donA’t have any idea about who made it. I donA’t asked Andy, but it donA’t appears a sketch made by him. So, the mistery goes on... Anyway, I think itA’s interesting: http://brstarship.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/ent-f3.jpg?w=950.