Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Grissom

13»

• VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    looking sweet sir! .... ..... I do try.. but I still can't get my textures and lighting to look That good.. one of these days :)
  • ryo80ryo800 Posts: 0Member
    This is proper! The textures really make it pop. Can't wait to see the rest of it complete
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent! I can't wait to see this in some scenes, presumably with the other ships you've made from the era.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Pretty tidy this, easily movie quality.
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter334 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for your nice comments!

ItA’s done - all textures are done, some simple interiors and lights. ItA’s already pretty late, so here are just a few quick renders... Hope you like them... :)
    94614.jpg94615.jpg94616.jpg
  • japetusjapetus2981 SeattlePosts: 1,403Member
    Looks great! Maybe the diffuse panel contrast is a bit strong, but great job of course!
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    looks excellent sir! It seems more white in the movies though... :) though I alwasy have a problem pulling off white on a ship...

Question, And I wouldn't ask it for your other builds, but.. will you be releasing this one? Just asking.. don't have to.. :)

Looks great sir, and good luck on the excellsior UV and textures.. ( such a wierd and PITA texture set for that one... >_<)
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1882 CaliforniaPosts: 2,030Member
    How did you do that ribbed portion on the inset in the lower hull (Toward the aft of the ship)?
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804443 Posts: 11,115Member
    Top notch work as always, Tobias. :thumb:
    It seems more white in the movies though...

It's those harsh studio lights. They really wash out the light gray and blue-gray models.
  • trekkitrekki962 Posts: 1,413Member
    Fine, you are back.
    A great ship (mesh) :)
  • AndyMAndyM331 Posts: 0Member
    Looks great, excellent work on the mesh.
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter334 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks again!

Brandenberg - those ribs are modelled.

Finally had some time to make some decent pictures of the model - hope you like them.

Have a nice easter weekend!
    94635.jpg94637.jpg94638.jpg94639.jpg
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Wow! Outstanding work, Tobias. :thumb: The Oberth may not have been a glorious ship, but it must've seen plenty of glorious things. :) You've definitely done her justice.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804443 Posts: 11,115Member
    I love them. Grissom04 is my new Windows desktop background. :D
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice looking!

...now, blow it up :)
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Fantastic. Just makes me sad that we never saw them on screen for very long before they were blown up, or we discovered that their entire crews had eaten themselves or something.
  • ryo80ryo800 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah, not much love for this old girl at all. She's the "redshirt" of Fed ships, it seems. :P

These are all awesome, and I second evil genius on number 4
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    Beautiful work, Tobias. Looks perfect to me.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful shots there. Awesome work of an underappreciated yet graceful looking spacecraft.

Nice job.

:thumb:
  • DoomspongeDoomsponge0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice little ship. Beautifully done model, too. One of those unfortunate designs in that it'd fit anywhere, but sees that little use because it's so small and seemingly insignificant that it never ends up in those pictures.Its versatility and ubiquity is its downfall because you just find yourself wanting something more impressive.

Hopefully, this beauty will rectify that, give the old girl a bit of love.
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Thanks again!

Brandenberg - those ribs are modelled.

Finally had some time to make some decent pictures of the model - hope you like them.

Have a nice easter weekend!

Awesomesauce! I instantly had the TSFS score start cycling through my brain as I looked at these :)
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1174 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,618Member
    Awesome renders... I have some new desktops now. :)
  • SarvekSarvek0 Posts: 0Member
    Totally fantastic work. :thumb: