Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMass Effect Based Ship

2»

• metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
    if i remember correctly the SR-1 interiors did fit in the exterior and still left about a 0.5 meter thick hull though i might be wrong here been a while since i've looked at the 3d mesh i had or the blueprints of it
  • Rick27Rick270 Posts: 0Member
    Heey all,

I was trying to make the X3M skycar from mass effect, turned our a little bit different.
    So i name it the X4M skycar :)

It's not finished yet, hope you like it!
    94204.jpg
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    I'm battling ME3 atm... both insane fun and mind-bogglingly irritating. always liked the Skycar design....
    Yes I'm also, I don't know yet if it's better than ME2 at the moment.

But ontoppic, I am still working on my ME stuff, I'm done with the small hangar bay at the back of the ship, now I'm working on the larger one.

(Still have some render issues, my proccesor is like 100C' when rendering! then my PC shutdowns itself).

Small Hangar (Finished):

Attachment not found.

Large Hangar (Unfinished):

Attachment not found.
    I managed to Render with less processor capacity, so it doesn't crash anymore (but the render time is 2 times al long). Still managed to make 4 renders in not so much time, hope you like it.

From left to right: Small Hangar - Large Hangar - New Ship Render - Kodiak Shuttle.
    94263.jpg94264.jpg94265.jpg94266.jpg
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Really nice!
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Do you have any tips for rounding sharp edges?
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    chamfers
    your hangers need one or 2 fighters in it :P
    colbmista wrote: »
    chamfers
    In sketchup chamfers or Fillets don't work well on the more complicated geometry.
    Heey Saquist,

I use some very usefull plugins that i discovered not so long ago,

Here is a link to a video if your intrested send a mail to: [email protected]
    So i can send you a RAR file with the plugins in it.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fdo3telGaU
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    I don't know where you got the plugins from Rick, but if it's from sketchucation than please don't send them over; instead, tell him (and us, for that matter :p) which plugins you use. Sketchucation only requires one to register to access a wealth of plugins and that's a small price. There's a thread I made in the tutorials section in which we discussed several plugins as well (you'll find it here), I think that would be a better solution :)
    that's fine but i could't find them myself, but i will tell you the names of the plugins:

The plugins below are mainly used for organic shapes like lofts, and rounding corners.

Roundcorner
    Curviloft
    I had already downloaded that rounding corners but it still can't do certain surfaces slopes and curves...but it has allowed me to refine my modern Star Empire design. I'll try that other one curviloft...
  • akb1979akb1979172 Posts: 0Member
    I am loving this Mass Effect based design and cannot wait to see more! :) At least your interiors fit within your hull - I've doodled the Normandy in Sketchup and yeah, just doesn't fit from ME3. :p I also love the renders of your ship in space - wonderful. Just out of curiosity, what role do you see this ship filling in the ME universe?
    I was thinking, after ME3, with the normandy destroyed they probably build a new ship (because its possible to travel in space, it only takes months in FTL). also i build a kind of human made relay (earlier posts) i know it's possible because the protheans did it too.

Also i made an dry dock for my ship:
    94667.jpg
    the only tech they had a t the end of the game was the selvaged stuff from the normandy the final scene where the old man was telling a story thye looked pretyt primative there so i dont think so
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    I took that to mean that the Normandy and her survivors were never found, but the idea that the rest of the galaxy's races still managed to interact through standard FTL jumps before eventually creating their own mass relays makes sense (and it's a nicer thought than the alternative). Might've taken them a few thousand years, but they would've figured it out eventually.
    also what colbmista says, isn't true, you still see some alliance cruisers intact in space, when you're on the catalyst, i suppose those aren't destroyed, and the scientists/engineers who worked on the catalyst, are probably alive too, so i don't think they are primitive after ME3
    Who's to say that an advanced society won't have "primitive" stuff? We keep old things because they are part of our history, the same could be applied here - why change an older park bench for a snazzy new one when it still works and adds character to its surroundings?

ME3's ending sucked, so disappointed. :(
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    didnt liked me3 either. **** happens when you do marketing games. it had so much great potential. but used about a quarter of it.
    A whole quarter? That's generous of you!:p
    Well just working on another ship (beside the other one) just some raw renders:

It's pretty big too (~2000m)
    94785.jpg94786.jpg
  • kevinskikevinski0 Posts: 0Member
    may i ask what material you used for these two pictures?
    Because im looking for a default material for Kerky for about one and a half year now and that looks pretty awesome(just like the Ship^^)
    Is it downloaded or did you made it all by yourself
    You can download lots of materials on the kerkythea forum, just download it and load it in kerkythea, the material i used is dark aluminium, just chose the color you want, besides that i use Metropolis Light Transport (MLT) for rendering.
    UPDATE:

Added some windows, cannons and some other details:
    94835.jpg
    Hello All,

Back to my venturous interior scene, this time i did the reactor room, also i discovered a new real-time render program: lumion, this are the first renders with the render engine, also added some pics from an house i did with it.
    95032.jpg95033.jpg95034.jpg95035.jpg
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Ah, I looked at Lumion's website a while back and was quite impressed. How easy is it to use? Your result looks pretty good.
    It's super easy, it's just select and place with all the objects, terrain can be made with an brush tool, and materials are pretty easy too. The first picture was taken after 30min i downloaded it :)
  • seanrseanr1121 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 602Member
    This is all quite impressive - makes me want to play around with Sketchup a bit. ;-)