Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DStar Trek designs

FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2012 in Finished Work #1
Its been a while worked on anything related to Star Trek but after a suggestion from Galen I decided to give it a shot and this is how it turned out:

nebula_class_jj_finished_by_handofmanos-d4hr2cr.jpg

I am aware some might not like the 'JJ' universe but I think it turned out well enough :)

EDIT made a topview of the ship as well
92600.jpg
Post edited by Flanker on

• spicyjake93spicyjake930 Posts: 0Member
    That looks great! Is that a sensor dish above the saucer? I remember the Nebula Class having different modules above the saucer sometimes. Anyways, I think it looks great. I really like the nacelles :)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804593 Posts: 11,183Member
    I like it as well. The Nebula class is one of my favorites and it's nice to see a fresh take on it. :)
  • nukenuke171 Posts: 0Member
    Thats pretty cool, I would like to see a top view of this ship.
  • RekkertRekkert4260 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,326Member
    :o It looks amazing! Do you plan to continue working on other views?
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • publiusrpubliusr555 Posts: 1,753Member
    The nacelles really work with the Nebula design.
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    nuke wrote: »
    Thats pretty cool, I would like to see a top view of this ship.

First of all thanks everyone and yes I am planning to work on a topview in the near future ;)
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1188 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,629Member
    As much as I dislike the JJ-verse, and as much as I tend to not like people messing with the Nebula, which is my favorite, there's just NO way I can dislike this... it is simply too awesome. Great job... it looks sleek, cool, and good.
  • Drake744Drake7440 Posts: 0Member
    Aloha.

I too am not a big fan of the JJ universe but I laid eyes on this masterpiece and
    wow... just wow. I've always liked the Nebula and its versitility.

Would I be out of line if I requested to see more?

Shep
    I agree... I'd like to see some more views of this beauty.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    That came out really well. Nice job! You merged JJ Verse with the Original Universe well in this design. Can we see more views?
    I'm considering doing just that but currently a poll (and suggestions) I am holding seems I will be doing something else first ;) http://handofmanos.deviantart.com/ even so I will return to it since I like how the Nebula turned out
    I like the Star Trek weaponry drawing you have on your deviantART page. You have a lot of other really cool stuff on there also. :D
    I like the Star Trek weaponry drawing you have on your deviantART page. You have a lot of other really cool stuff on there also. :D

Thanks it isn't all that great :) but I like to show also things as they progress. The guns as a sidenote might be used for a game mod which is fun.
  • Bmused55Bmused55177 Posts: 487Member
    Hmm, I'm not so sure.
    Brilliantly illustrated.... but I'm not completely sold.
  • StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,981Member
    Brilliant update for the Nebula. I will be anxouslly waiting the other views (when you have time, of course). :)
    Bmused55 wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm not so sure.
    Brilliantly illustrated.... but I'm not completely sold.

Can understand that :) it is JJ and the original Nebula is already a good design. I could have done the regular design but there are already some good designs for that already so :)
    There's nothing wrong with being different. :)
  • Bmused55Bmused55177 Posts: 487Member
    I think it is the "JJ" style that just doesn't fit right with me. But that's just me of course.

Again, excellently illustrated and a very good extrapolation.
    Bmused55 wrote: »
    I think it is the "JJ" style that just doesn't fit right with me.

I'm not a fan of that look either, but I think it suits this design. Of course, it helps that the "JJ" crap looks more TNG-ish to begin with, IMO.
    Thanks and "JJ style" (For a better word) also is something I don't do on a normal basis even so it was a challenge ;)

EDIT Added a topview and consider this one finished.
  • I can't stand the JJprise or anything JJprise but this ship looks great. It's looks like a sleek version of Nebula inspired by Soverign and a little JJprise added.

Still this looks sweet. Can imagine it being a Nebula variant in the Prime (original timeline).
    That updated top profile kicks arse. The only thing I might adjust, is to rotate the UFP emblem so that it faces the other way, since the Starfleet arrowhead is pointing forward, not aft.
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Sweet.
  • RekkertRekkert4260 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,326Member
    Amazing work, you outdid yourself here man, really great work.
    The only thing I'm gonna point out, insignificant as it is, is that I agree with BolianAdmiral, the UFP logo should be rotated 180Ao in my opinion.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work on the JJverse Nebula Class starship.
    Thanks everyone for the kind words. I am uploading a image with the shield/emblem rotated and a full view of the top. Since it might have appeared a bit cluttered in a way.
    92651.jpg
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Fantastic work!
  • blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome!!!!!!!!
    Just beautiful!
    Thanks everyone it is nice to see people enjoy the Nebula since it is a favourite of mine :D

EDIT: as a sidenote I am posting a link to a gallery which features all the ships and pages made for a old manual I once made. I recall some people asking about this so here it is: http://handofmanos.deviantart.com/gallery/30843174 better late then never

EDIT EDIT: Also a new drawing I finished a few days ago:
    ensign_thompson_by_handofmanos-d4kmb11.jpg