Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSGC Pegasus Base

zxcottonxzzxcottonxz0 Posts: 0Member
edited June 2011 in Work in Progress #1
Hey Guys, Just wanted to put up a model that im working on in my spare time to get some feedback on what people think and what could be done differently so what is it? its a secondary Stargate Command based in the pegasus galaxy on a recently discovered uncharted planet. the base its self is built into and around a mountain just like the original sgc but it has stuff outside of the base as well such as runways for the fighters as well as docks for daedalus class ships and other starships (which i will be working on soon). The base is protected anti beaming technology as well as asgard shields to protect the entire base inside and out. Outside the base built into the mountain side are 3 observation areas that will be manned by sgc personel on various different weapon emplacements. There are also Several automated emplacements with missile silos and Plasma Cannon Anti Air Guns (these are the random blocks placed around the base). Anyway below are some GI renders. Let me know what you think.

BaseGlobal03.jpg
BaseGlobal04.jpg
BaseGlobal01.jpg
89670.jpg
Post edited by zxcottonxz on
Tagged:

• PheonixPheonix1 Posts: 0Member
    looks like an excellent replacement for Atlantis after it returned to Earth. excellent job. can't wait for updates
  • zxcottonxzzxcottonxz0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks, im in the process of doing the cannon emplacements but im really struggling to make them look human built and not **** :P
  • Kalic-VadekKalic-Vadek0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow that looks like an great base. But i'm not sure why's there Five or Six Air Fields.
    All will be revealed when its finished, and it is meant to be a secondary stargate command to run operations so why not use it as a staging ground for all the space vessels in pegasus
  • WaltWalt331 Posts: 0Member
    This base is a nice replacement for Atlantis since it is back on Earth. Great job and I look forward for more updates. Also, will this SGC Pegasus Base also have a stargate like the SGC Base on Earth?
    Ofc its intended to be a second stargate command in the pegasus galaxy to control operations in the pegasus galaxy ill have some updates in about an hour just rendering some stuff off
    heres a railgun auto turret ive been working on let me know what you think

RailTurret01.jpg
    RailTurret02.jpg
    RailTurret03.jpg
  • HaturodHaturod0 Posts: 0Member
    I like how certain parts of the base come sticking out of the mountain! Gives the whole thing a sense of greatness alltogether :)
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    An observatory might be a handy thing for them to have, after all they are watching space, as much as the gate itself.
    Ok Guys heres my final design on the rail gun emplacements, there will be a few tweaks here and there but the overall design i think will stay the same. let me know if you think theres anything that can be improved.

RailGunturretVersion2.jpg
    RailGunturretVersion2-2.jpg
    RailGunturretVersion2-3.jpg
    RailGunturretVersion2-4.jpg
  • andar_bandar_b0 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet, they really look like they can swing 180 degrees overhead and 360, effectively covering the whole sky.
    ok i got a little carried away with the adjustments, but it looks like it may have been for the better this version can be manned or controlled automatically.

RailGunturretVersion3-1.jpg
    RailGunturretVersion3-2.jpg
    RailGunturretVersion3-3.jpg
    RailGunturretVersion3-4.jpg
  • exodus2310exodus2310331 Posts: 0Member
    I think I prefered the second design more but I do like the idea of the third. Can't hurt to have a mixture of both though?
    agreed. second iteration of the turret was the best one. and when up against the Wraith, it is best to have unmanned turrets. i remember during the siege of Atlantis in the first season finale that the Wraith culled the crew of one rail gun turret that had been brought to Atlantis. the turret was all but useless until one of the members of Sheppard's team manned the turret himself (can't remember the guy's name though).
    ok so ive been busyish and once again its another turret design but i really like this one it looks alot like an emplacement i think this is my fave.
    RailGunturretVersion4-1.jpg
    RailGunturretVersion4-2.jpg
    RailGunturretVersion4-3.jpg
    RailGunturretVersion4-4.jpg
    RailGunturretVersion4-5.jpg
    RailGunturretVersion4-6.jpg
  • exodus2310exodus2310331 Posts: 0Member
    Pheonix wrote: »
    agreed. second iteration of the turret was the best one. and when up against the Wraith, it is best to have unmanned turrets. i remember during the siege of Atlantis in the first season finale that the Wraith culled the crew of one rail gun turret that had been brought to Atlantis. the turret was all but useless until one of the members of Sheppard's team manned the turret himself (can't remember the guy's name though).

Yes. Well reasoned. I think it was Ford.

Re: 4th design - I still prefer the 2nd version. It looks more functional and threatening to me.
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    This latest version looks more portable to me. As if it could be unloaded from the back of a truck and set up in a emergency.
    hey guys i thought i post a varient of my turret with missiles on but im not sure which one to go for 4 missiles or 8 let me know what you think

missileturretmediumversion2-01.jpg
    missileturretmedium01.jpg
    missileturretmedium03.jpg
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    both jsut like it was mentioned on lsa
  • Kalic-VadekKalic-Vadek0 Posts: 0Member
    8 Missiles is always better than 4
    agreed. especially with this being in the Pegasus Galaxy and having to contend with Wraith Dart swarms. although i don't know how much good missiles would do seeing as Darts have routinely intercepted any missiles fired at them (except for Ancient Drones).
  • theStargateFantheStargateFan171 Posts: 0Member
    agreed. especially with this being in the Pegasus Galaxy and having to contend with Wraith Dart swarms. although i don't know how much good missiles would do seeing as Darts have routinely intercepted any missiles fired at them (except for Ancient Drones).

A small stockpile of drones instead would be better, indeed as the SGA team has recovered lots of them from the second Atlantis in season 2.
    although quite a lot may have been used in the battle against the ZPM powered Hive. i suspect that with the destruction of the Ancient Control Chair at Area 51 they wouldn't allow Atlantis to leave Earth and instead keep it for homeworld defense, meaning no drones for this new base. still, that's just my personal opinion
  • theStargateFantheStargateFan171 Posts: 0Member
    although quite a lot may have been used in the battle against the ZPM powered Hive. i suspect that with the destruction of the Ancient Control Chair at Area 51 they wouldn't allow Atlantis to leave Earth and instead keep it for homeworld defense, meaning no drones for this new base. still, that's just my personal opinion

I guess you're right although they could use the prototype drones as well from Harmony's planet, that worked also well...
    the mini drones are more for personal defence not fighter/ship defence
    any more prgress on the main model?
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    wish there were more rendered Starfleet (NX-era / 2150's) colonies like the pegasus base.
    hey guys unfortunately ive not had any time to do any 3d, things have popped up and got in the way and i dont know when i will be able to post updates sorry, Hopefully soon.
    Hellsgate wrote: »
    wish there were more rendered Starfleet (NX-era / 2150's) colonies like the pegasus base.
    why must you mention star trek in everyyyy single post on this forum ST isnt all that and stay on topic with the non ST topics as in this is stargate based so stay on the topic of stargate.............
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    colbmista: my apologies, I realize it's "stargate", and my reference in this instance wasn't intentional. But, I'm just surprised that there aren't more fic/rpg outposts designed/drawn in novel cover art (or elsewhere) like this mountain base. You'd think more colonies / bases would be like this. Someplace for a colony to take root/refuge and then spread out from it, out into the open.