Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSGC Pegasus Base

2»

• EgeriaEgeria61 Posts: 0Member
    It is more difficult to meld natural and artificial than it is to draw fully artificial objects. Or at least so we've found it...
  • zxcottonxzzxcottonxz0 Posts: 0Member
    hey guys im here to request a bit of help, ive got a few basic block outs of some ships i want to do but i have no idea what to do next where to start to make them look like space ships. any help and tips would be greatly appreciated.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    start adding panels then windows then other details and there u go
    Hey guys i thought i post an update on a ship ive been working on and some sublight engines that i will use in all ships i build from now on. the ship its self is a missile/gunboat that is also used as a troop dropship i think ill do different versions of it with different side pods and other accesories, let me know what you think im going add some panelling on the engines and the ship itself when i get some more time. Btw does anyone know how to get that typical sublight engine glow in 3ds max?

EngineRender003.jpg
    EngineRender002.jpg
    EngineRender001.jpg

TauriGunboatRender003.jpg
    TauriGunboatRender002.jpg
    TauriGunboatRender001.jpg
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    I've put a (hopefully) simple explanation of how i do my glows in Max on LS-A... Hope it helps.

Really liking the engines there... and will the area above the drivepods be a jumper hanger?
    im not sure tbh i may get rid of it all together and thanks for the guide ill try that out later
    k guys i need your help with something im not sure on how to arrange my engines so below is a number of images please tell me which one you think will look best ( for the purpose of this post the green box represents the hyper drive engines the long box will probably be split up into multiple smaller hyper drive engines arranged in a line)

Type 1
    engineconfig001.jpg
    Type 2
    engineconfig002.jpg
    Type 3
    engineconfig003.jpg
    Type 4
    engineconfig004.jpg
    Type 5
    engineconfig005.jpg
  • fluxfirefluxfire181 Posts: 604Member
    I say type 2 i think having the sublight engines kinda covering the top angle of attack gives them some added protection.... but thats me.
    hey im think im going to redesign my engines. Again, so i was wondering does anyone have any accurate clear images of the daedalus' sublight engines that i can take a look at for me to model off

cheers
  • Tochiro76Tochiro760 Posts: 0Member
    Those turrets a few pages back looked like they could be dropped from low orbit as some kind of hot drop turrets? Like if you wanted to setup a base quickly and defend it first before doing anything else or if your forces had just taken over an enemy base and you needed temporary protection? Also it could be that once the turret is dropped it is left at the base just taken over or established. There could be an interface for external power on the turret so that once the base is held and the enemy has ran away or all died, the turrets could be plugged into some kind of quickly put together system for power. I guess it could also be that the turrets could be retrieved by a ship with beaming tech and a large cargo bay if the base is to be abandoned or some other situation. With hot drop turrets you don't have to waste time moving supplies through the stargate and then to assemble everything. Just fly over and drop them off directly over the base, the turret operators can control descent from there and land on a pre planned spot.

The bottom of the turret could have a heat shield like a space capsule, the shield falls off after the turret gets close enough and some rocket motors deploy to help land the turret. No parachute because it would not be accurate enough and the turret would probably roll over upon landing so rocket motors are the best bet.

If they had to setup a new base quickly on an asteroid this would be useful too and we have seen the stargate fighters maneuver very accurately in the past especially in relation to asteroids. If the wraith were involved the turret could be evacuated and plugged into that temp power system which would also have some kind of control interface and the pilot could haul arse back to the main base and run it from there.

Somehow by now the humans could have a way to block the wraith culling tech? Shields maybe? Then the turrets would not have to go unmanned?
    ok im requesting your help again. i tryed following SDL's guide on the engine glow and i cant seem to get it how i want it. So i would like to ask is there anyway to get the engine glow look like this image
    normal_atl_202_302.JPG

possibly provide a step by step guide if possible i would like to get it looking like that and get some glow on the inside of the engine

thanks
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Sorry....
    not your fault dude its probably my fault tbh i just cant seem to get it the way i want it :P
    ok guys ive gotten alittle bored recently so ive been redoing my engines and ive done an extremely quick mockup of a cargo pod for the cargo varient to carry a little more cargo the cargo will be on rails. ill probably change the way the doors open to just have the side open and not the top, i may also use it on the gunboat version to launch bigger missiles or i may use it as a railgun mounting posistion who knows let me know what you think.

TauriCargoVarient002.jpg
    TauriCargoVarient.jpg
  • PheonixPheonix1 Posts: 0Member
    looks great but with the location of the cargo pods i'm not all that sure. if you intend for this to be a troopship, then the cargo pods would possibly be needed to be relocated to allow ground access via ramps so they don't have to rely on Asgard beaming tech.
    all u really need on the engine is a glow texture but dont worry about the textures till u finish detailing the ship
    hey guys me again, im in need of some help to do with rigging. i have myself a rigged up hydraulic piston but im unsure the best way to attach it to my cannon barrel so, does anoyone know the best way to link the highlighted surface with the lime green one so the highlighted surface takes on the lime green surfaces rotation and such and stays in that posistion.

RiggingHelp.jpg

thanks
    Hey guys thought id show you a quick animation ive been working on mainly to set up my hydraulic rigging, the image is based on a image i found in google images.
  • larundellarundel171 Posts: 0Member
    al the work you got here is great, really liking the turrets as well.

If being in the peagasus galaxy, i think you are going to need a bigger ship than a gun boat....maybe something similar to size to the Daedalus.

The drop turrets are a nice idea, and i do agree that we should have the knowledge to build a unmanned turret with its own power and shield systems.
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    That's a nice set turrets you have. Look forward to seeing more.
  • dwldwl0 Posts: 0Member
    The LookAt constraint (animation/constraints/lookat constraint) should do what you need. Split the piston and the chamber into two objects and point them at each other then link the object to their respective parents.