Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNu-Universe Excelsior, inspired by Jetfreak's design...

2»

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I read that JJ prise was larger than the Ent-D, so the Prime Version of the Ex, is what 2/3rd the size of that.
  • MajesticMajestic0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking great, I am a fan of much of Jetfreak's work and you've done a great job at bring it to 3d. :)
  • MOON'S EYEMOON'S EYE0 Posts: 0Member
    Heck with the Constitution-class from that verse ... THIS is the baby!!!!

Very well done! ... Keep at it!
  • MOON'S EYEMOON'S EYE0 Posts: 0Member
    Juvat wrote: »
    Yeah, but it depends on what you believe the true size of the JJ-prise to be. 750m huge or normal size. That makes a difference in how it would relate to its prime universe counterpart.

Just a note or a thought ...

I took it to be that the reason the JJ enterprise was bigger was because the Connie class has incorporated into it ideas that came from the scans of Nero's ship, etc.

It pushed them to step forward .... leap forward in development.

A line of thought might be that to achieve those advances they had to go bigger.

Could it be that as time marches forward, the ships could actually become more reigned in with regard to size because the technology that powers it grows smaller ... as well as the number of needed crew?

With that thinking .... an alternate Excelsior might still be bigger, but maybe not to the scale of difference between original Excelsior vs. new when compared to the scale of original Enterprise vs. new.
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    Thanks guys. :)

About the size... I agree with the thoughts about why the Enterprise is bigger in the new movie. I'm not sure about the miniaturization of future ships, though... it really depends on the mission the ship will be doing, right? I figure, the bigger the ship, the even farther out it can go, without having to come back to port to re-supply and everything.

There's also the fact that I really like big ships. :)