Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNu-Universe Excelsior, inspired by Jetfreak's design...

madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
edited January 2011 in Work in Progress #1
Hey, guys, it's been a while. :)

Well, I started something new over the holidays, I thought I would share. I've been posting WIP's at TBBS, waiting until I had something substantial to show you guys. :)

To start with, here's the original source material drawn by Jetfreak, from DeviantArt...

DataSheet.png

Draft-Front.png

Doodle.png

In the course of building this, I of course can't not change stuff. :) The Nacelles are the real change, I redesigned them based on some feedback over there at the TBBS.

STXI_EXCL_WIP_024.jpg

STXI_EXCL_WIP_026.jpg

STXI_EXCL_WIP_025.jpg

STXI_EXCL_WIP_021.jpg

So, what do ya'll think?
86824.jpg
Post edited by madman1701a on
Tagged:

• Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    Just Pure Awesome. This may soon qualify as awesome sauce.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    About time you started this lol
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    Okay, that is pretty cool. Just a lot of fun all around. Love all the flow and curves.
  • largolargo331 Posts: 0Member
    I love the work you have so far, my only comment on it would be that I think it would fit better with the Nu/New/Neu 'vrse if you did the Enterprise-style nacelle heads as they appear in the drawing.

Apart from that truly great work!
  • stfanboystfanboy67 Posts: 388Member
    largo wrote: »
    I love the work you have so far, my only comment on it would be that I think it would fit better with the Nu/New/Neu 'vrse if you did the Enterprise-style nacelle heads as they appear in the drawing.

Apart from that truly great work!

I was thinking of the same thing. Also, I would make the Saucer a little like the original since they did that with the NU Cony . I really like the Secondary hull though gives it the NUverse fell. Can't wait to see more. :thumb:
  • AeriesAeries1 Posts: 0Member
    Gorgeous so far. She looks like a real force to be reckoned with. :]
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    Thanks guys. :)

I was thinking about doing vertical windows on this one... the idea with the saucer rim would be that it's got similar windows to what's on the rim of the Enterprise D.

Ya'll think that is worth exploring, or will it look too "TNG"?

:)
  • AeriesAeries1 Posts: 0Member
    It could look slightly too TNG, but, no harm in trying anyway, right?
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    She looks very nice! Good job!
  • Halo BuffHalo Buff331 Posts: 0Member
    I agree with the others, the blue nacelles looked much better in my opinion. They tied it more closely to the new Enterprise.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    i diss like your saucer design its to domed..
  • supersasa1supersasa10 Posts: 0Member
    Ooo, That is one sexy ship.
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    I too agree, go with the original Nacelle heads, ties it in closer to the JJ Verse
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Good, very good!
    Thanks for all the comments, guys. :)

The basic design as it is now I think is going to stay like it is. I haven't decided yet exactly what color the engine domes are going to be... I even thought a blue/green color might be different, and interesting. :)

I'm going to mess with the windows next... we'll see how the vertical windows look. I'm hoping they look good... I'm not going to be putting them on the top of the saucer though, just on the rim.

More later...
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very nice, I like the way the lines flow on this one.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    If you change the color as you're planning to, I believe it would fit quite well with "nu" designs. Otherwise, it's a solid ship and I'm really diggin' the secondary hull. It flows beatifully and still retains enough of the familiar to instantly recognizable as the Excelsior.
  • tondemonaitondemonai173 Posts: 26Member
    She's a beauty, color me impressed. I actually like the redesign on the nacelle.
    Have you seen Don't Shoot's Ascendance class? It's a jjprise refit of the excelsior, and she's amazing looking as well:
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?58185-Ascendence-Class-TOS-Reimagined-Excelsior&highlight=ascendance
  • Darth ZiggyDarth Ziggy0 Posts: 0Member
    I like the shape of the engineering section. Needs "lens flares"!

....oh....and more "cow bell".
    I would say leave the nacelles the way you made them. Maybe change the color but leave them. Considering this ship is suppose to built a while after the Enterprise, it would make sense to have new nacelles, and not ones that are a reflection of the Enterprise.
  • rdudarduda332 Posts: 0Member
    Ooooh! Nice job as always Madman!
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Looking good, but we need to see her along the JJprise, to make sure you've made her even more silly in length. :D
    Thanks for all the comments, guys. :)

STXI_EXCL_WIP_029.jpg

STXI_EXCL_WIP_030.jpg

Here's a couple of updates. Messed with the rim windows some... what do ya'll think?
    Indeed, but that's a different ship. :) I was going for a "sharper" saucer on this one, as a contrast to Enterprise's Really fat one.

As requested, here's that size comparison...

STXI_EXCL_WIP_031.jpg

• Lizzy777Lizzy7771268 PNWPosts: 759Member
    As requested, here's that size comparison...

If you were to go with the official movie size of Exceptionally Huge, I imagine Capt. Sulu going around this ship on a Segway.

Or to quote Mel Brooks, "The ship's too damn big! If I walk, the movie'll be over!"
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    If JJ prise was ridiculously huge, I'd love to see your Excelsior class on screen .

How large is it, and how much larger than the Prime Universe Excelsior class ship?
    ok he jsut showed the size comparsion of it with the JJ prize
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    colbmista wrote: »
    ok he jsut showed the size comparsion of it with the JJ prize

Yeah, but it depends on what you believe the true size of the JJ-prise to be. 750m huge or normal size. That makes a difference in how it would relate to its prime universe counterpart.
    my only opinion on the desing is the saucer needs to be bigger