Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSpacedock

2»

• Bmused55Bmused55177 Posts: 487Member
    Holy sh........ well... expletive!

That is absolutely stunning. It's not studio quality though, no it's far, far better!
  • SuricataSuricata0 Posts: 0Member
    That's a really great render, I love the detail on it, the lighting in the whole scene is great too. I really envy some of the guys here with the quality of thier lighting set-ups, it really is my weak area when it comes to rendering my own models.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    *looks at the renders*
    *takes a closer look at the amount of details*

Oh ... :)

Wow indeed ...
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    MarkyMark wrote: »
    Stunning!! What program do you use?

Lightwave.
  • DigitalOrigamiDigitalOrigami0 Posts: 0Member
    That is absolutely gorgeous. :)
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    Wow, the scale of this has me floored! I always wanted to see more of this station... awesome work!!! So many details......
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Wow... now I need to replace my entire underwear wardrobe...
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    Though I'm not one to often comment on Trek models (just too many of them)....Yeah....I have nothing to add but +1 to all the above...I'd say this one is gonna be a Nominee for sure for the User's Choice Awards...
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    Wow. Does the ILM model have the TMP Office Complex hangar (with the glowing 'x')? Or is that your addition.

This thing makes NO sense but it's just sooooo pretty.
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
  • Mr. WildeMr. Wilde197 Posts: 121Member
    Thanks everyone!
    Tallguy wrote: »
    Wow. Does the ILM model have the TMP Office Complex hangar (with the glowing 'x')? Or is that your addition.

This thing makes NO sense but it's just sooooo pretty.

That's my addition. Since I couldn't find any good references for those hangars, I sought some inspiration everywhere. The shuttle bays look similar to those of the Enterprise refit, some of the larger hangars even contain some Star Destroyer elements, hehe. ;)

Here's an older render where you can see all hangar types at once.
    87069.jpg
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    That's gorgeous.

Star Destroyer hangars: Well, that's very appropriate given that the spacedock has more than a little Star Wars influence to it.

BTW, I meant to tell you this about a month ago: When I left my office for Christmas vacation I had my iPod playing The Search for Spock soundtrack. By complete coincidence the music from when Kirk and co. are running through the destruct sequence was playing as I was getting up to leave. With that music playing, when I turned my lights off and went to shut my door and head for the turbolift, er, elevators the last thing I saw in my office was your spacedock page in the Ships of the Line calendar. It was a very eerie effect. And thank you!
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Wow, wonderful work.
  • seanrseanr1127 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 603Member
    That is stunningly beautiful. Fantastic work!
  • JRL3001JRL3001331 Posts: 0Member
    wow..just WOW man WOW!
  • NightShadowNightShadow10 Posts: 0Member
    You, sir, have inspired me. Seriously. Seeing this has motivated me to redo my Starbase 77 mesh. It will undoubtedly be nowhere near as spectacular as this fine piece of work, but you've definitely given me something to chew on. Texturing and windows, more than anything else, seem like they're going to be a serious challenge. By the way- not many people make mention of this, but speaking of textures, you've done a wonderful job with them on this project!