Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Online Concept: Tahoe Class

2»

• BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    ^ not trying to be a nitpick here, but the whole design is kind of off, so I think he's doing his own version of it...
  • metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
    borgman you sir would be 100% correct the the general shape is what i'm after the design itself will be different 100 points to you :) hopefully it'll keep enough of the shape to be recognised as the mawson concept's concept if that makes sense hehe
  • TzarroTzarro331 Posts: 0Member
    Here is what I have for the saucer section so far. Still a lot more details to be added. The bridge section is a bit of a placeholder at the moment; I will likely change it in the near future.
    84496.jpg84497.jpg
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Pretty cool so far.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    looking good tzarro cant wait to see the finished project
  • RekkertRekkert4070 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,307Member
    Wow, looking great Tzarro!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    That is shaping up really nicely :thumb: Good to see someone tackle those designs - fresh models are hard to come by :D
  • DmitriDmitri331 Posts: 0Member
    That saucer shape is gold. Seriously.
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    I agree with everyone great work there and even if the details are off from the original design it still looks great and really its only off by a little wow this thread is really growing in size fast great work hope to see more soon
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Both models look intresting, Look forward to seeing more.
    after recieving the tahoe's nacelles rebuilding them to fit abit better with the different class and showing Tzarro the result we both agree they would be more suitable

heres the render of them the saucer with a few escape pods and the start pylons at the side of the secondary hull
    84509.jpg
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Visually pleasing work.

The Excalibur on the current Production STO doesn't look as nice on the game as it did in the advertisment, with the starfleeter under the ship, as shown looking up at the front 3/4 view underneath. There the saucer looked bigger and everything looked better. That's a project that needs new life.
    little more on the mawson done got the docking bay entrance and top of the secondary/engineering hull done stil got the underneath to do but no references to see how it looks so its going to be guess work
    84545.jpg
    I've fleshed out a very ridumentary stardrive section here; mostly just to see if the overall asthetics work out. I think it's pretty close to what I was going for, so I'm going to move on to some more fine-tuning and mid-level detailing. Let me know what you guys think.
    84575.jpg84576.jpg
  • LegionLegion0 Posts: 0Member
    The Star Trek Online ships are the worst designs. Just awful.

With that said, the Tahoe looks really good, Tzarro. Well done! Cant wait to see more.
    Thanks Legion; it's good to hear that you like it; especially from a fellow Washingtonian :). Seriously though, I appreciate all of the positive feedback you guys have been providing. It really helps to keep me motivated, and it's always useful to get some external critique on my work.
    Damn I forgot about this thread. I've been working on other projects so I forgot to contribute to this.
    I think I'll start on this one.

EDIT: Do you think I should make it where the nacelles come out or leave as is? BTW, nice work on the Tahoe-class.
    84439.jpg
    Thanks oldmangreg, and I like that concept. I think that model could turn out looking good either way you choose to do it, but personally, I would probably give it a go as-is. I'm interested to see where you go with this one.
    Yea. We do need to find people to do the other ships. But before I do the Ramjet, I'm going to finish this ship first.
    84582.jpg
  • theCommandertheCommander0 Posts: 0Member
    Lot's of neat concepts flyin' around in here!? :) Nice start, TZARRO! I've liked that one for a while.
    I'm not going to take up your thread with a pic, so I'll post a link instead.

http://fav.me/d2z71vk
  • NightShadowNightShadow10 Posts: 0Member
    I wish I'd gotten here sooner. You guys ought not to be afraid to up your poly counts. I know my motto is "Poly count is king", but if you've got too much segmentation the ship ends up looking nowhere near as smooth and nice as you'd like it. I try to use anywhere from 96 to 128 segments on a lathe when I create a saucer section, just to keep the lines looking nice and smooth. Consider it in the future, please, for the sake of your own sense of accomplishment. When I started out I was constantly under-budgeting myself when it came to segments. It wasn't until someone else pointed it out to me that I realized: saucer sections typically take up a significant portion of a ship's poly count BECAUSE it needs to have a large number of segments. Just food for thought.
    Yes NightShadow, I agree with you. The reasoning behind my low poly count is that I am planning on turbosmoothing much of the model, which can result in a rediculous increase in polys. However, as far as the basic and intermediate modeling process goes, a few more polygons may have actually been helpful. A good point to bring up in either case!
    i also agree and the reason for my low poly count is so i can get most of the basic shape done from this i'll then redo each piece of the model in a higher polygon model to bring it to a high poly count with lots of details and good smooth lines

i've been away for some time and have been working on another model completly part of a fan based story from aliens

however as soon as i get some ime for the mawson ship which will hopefully be in a few weeks when i get back from hols :)
  • larundellarundel171 Posts: 0Member
    I was part of the beta testing for star trek online then played for 3 months after that, the price was abit much for not many updates, not enough ships and ranks to keep me intrested. My better half even played on the same account and said the same about her avatar. (Me - Command, Her - Engineering), and some of the comments i have read are right, some of ths ship designs were just plain ugly.

But these are just truely awsome, wish they had put these in the game.....really liking the design and model of the Tahoe...gonna be keeping an eye on this.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Cool ships !
    You need to play with those sketches posted by Atolm too. ;)
    Starship wrote: »
    Cool ships !
    You need to play with those sketches posted by Atolm too. ;)

Who you talkin to?
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    Who you talkin to?

Starship is always talking to me but he tends to forget about quoting :p
    Nice work on the ships everyone ! The Tahoe is one of the coolest ships that didn't make it anywhere and the model is shaping up nicely.

BTW I think Starship was talking to Tzarro :D