Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DHat's 3d tryouts

HaturodHaturod0 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2011 in Work in Progress #1
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, as in, new to posting not to jaw dropping reactions to stuff that gets posted here. I'm fairly new to 3d work(seriously started playing with it 3/4 months ago) so still discovering/learning what I can. I also have a passion for (far) future Scifi, so that's what I'm modelling mostly ;)

I'll post random models in here to see if I improve, I'll let you all be the judge of that! :)

Thanks in advance!
85829.jpg
Post edited by Haturod on
Tagged:

• PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    That's a good start. But you might want to add a turret or two on the underside as well.
    Overall the basic shape is very nice. She reminds me a little of the ship designs used in SGA for the Ancients.
  • HaturodHaturod0 Posts: 0Member
    Pagrin wrote: »
    That's a good start. But you might want to add a turret or two on the underside as well.
    Overall the basic shape is very nice. She reminds me a little of the ship designs used in SGA for the Ancients.

Cheers for the reply, and I agree, more turrets to the underside :) haven't gotten around to it yet :)
  • Dr.SleepDr.Sleep0 Posts: 0Member
    I welcome you here as one newbie to another. Ship design looks really nice and IA’ll watch this thread to see where is it going. And to your last sentence in first topic: Remember, that there is no wrong direction if you are modeling your own unique ship :D
    Dr.Sleep wrote: »
    Remember, that there is no wrong direction if you are modeling your own unique ship :D

Cheers for your reply :)
    Well could be people see like, That's the number one idiot mistake everyone makes! Don't do that! :P
    Ok, so I kinda dislilked where my previous model was going. Slow as I am I started over on a destroyer type ship. Here's what I got so far.
    83949.jpg83950.jpg
    Ohh forgot to add... gonna redo that awfull brigde ;)
  • Dr.SleepDr.Sleep0 Posts: 0Member
    Haturod wrote: »
    Cheers for your reply :)
    Well could be people see like, That's the number one idiot mistake everyone makes! Don't do that! :P
    Yes, when you make this point... :D
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I like it. Sleek, tough and aesthetic. Looks good.
    I redid the bridge section, I think look a bit more agressive now. Not sure about the detailing at the bottom yet though.
    84006.jpg84007.jpg
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    You know I was going to suggest a swept forward bridge, but it looks like you were thinking the same thing. lol
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    didn't I tell ya? I'm a telepath ;)
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1117 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,571Member
    Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, as in, new to posting not to jaw dropping reactions to stuff that gets posted here. I'm fairly new to 3d work(seriously started playing with it 3/4 months ago) so still discovering/learning what I can. I also have a passion for (far) future Scifi, so that's what I'm modelling mostly ;)

Below is a dreadnought design. I would appreciate feedback, comments etc... :) Any thoughts or comments are usefull :) This is a WIP, just wanna know if I'm going in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum! I love the design of your ship, and look forward to seeing it develop.
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    welcome to SFM, looks like a good start on the ship you have there, definately way better than me one month in. If I may make a suggestion about panelling? I find that if your panel lines are offset it looks much better than if you have clear, straight "channels", and you could add more "design" to the lines (more stuff like the coplex line you have going down the side)

will it have a flight bay of some sort?
    Berkut wrote: »
    welcome to SFM, looks like a good start on the ship you have there, definately way better than me one month in. If I may make a suggestion about panelling? I find that if your panel lines are offset it looks much better than if you have clear, straight "channels", and you could add more "design" to the lines (more stuff like the coplex line you have going down the side)

You mean more 90 degree angles at the sides instead of 45 degrees? Still getting to terms with some terminology at times hehe
    Berkut wrote: »
    will it have a flight bay of some sort?

I will make a small hangar for transport ships and smaller cargo vessels, as well as a docking point for corvette's.
    Update on my bridge, the darn thing is finally starting to show so scale ;)
    84060.jpg
  • stfanboystfanboy67 Posts: 388Member
    I like where this is going. :D
  • MorpheusMorpheus0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, nice ship, I like the style "flying brick with gunz".
    You mean more 90 degree angles at the sides instead of 45 degrees? Still getting to terms with some terminology at times hehe

I think he means more design in the lines, instead of a straight ine, add some like curves or sharp points.
    Morpheus wrote: »
    Wow, nice ship, I like the style "flying brick with gunz".

Brick eh? :)

Someone at work thought it was a pen :P
    Ok...

So couldn't help myself and color + light the ship a bit quickly ;)

It does catch the idea I have for the ship, although it is sloppy and needs more details etc... ;)
    84166.jpg
    That's pretty freakin awesome. Although I forgot how to fix the shadows to make them more natural. I think it was area shadows or something like that.
    I just need to increase certain features, and that would involve increased render times.... this is a quick render ;)
    A little progress report... added some detailing, plating and a hangar door + interior (not visible) :)
    84279.jpg84280.jpg
  • MorpheusMorpheus0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, how far are you going to detail this ship? :thumb:
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    That hull paneling is wicked. :) Very aggressive looking. The green glow, while a little strong right now, is a pretty cool feature, too.
    Morpheus wrote: »
    Nice, how far are you going to detail this ship? :thumb:

Only one way to anwser this I guess, until adding more only makes it look worse ;)
    Juvat wrote: »
    That hull paneling is wicked. :) Very aggressive looking. The green glow, while a little strong right now, is a pretty cool feature, too.

Even though it is a cool looking glow, I'm not sure I can figure out a practicle use for it atm....
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Love the tough look of this... it can take a beating and still fight back....

Is that a hanger entrance in the nose?
    Dr Lee wrote: »
    Love the tough look of this... it can take a beating and still fight back....

Is that a hanger entrance in the nose?

Aye, it is, can be used for resupplying on the fly or as a bay for a marine transport/dropship type :)
    Little update again about the front :) Added some smaller turrets :)
    84299.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Wow, that's some nice detailing...