Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DHat's 3d tryouts

2»

• HaturodHaturod0 Posts: 0Member
    Little to no progress on the ship atm... just a request I'd like to make :)

If you've seen the picture on page 3, what good the strange green glow in the center of the ship be? Since I just thought it would look nice, I never really figured a practical reason for it being there :P

So if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears :)
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Isn't it frustrating when all these noobies keep arriving and their 'first ever attempt at modelling' is better than your last 50 models? :)

Welcome Hat, this is a very nice ship indeed and one I'm keen to see flying as part of a fleet.. hint hint... :)

As for suggesting purpose for the giant glreen glow, well clearly your megabrick is powered by an insanely powerful thermolytic plasma generator, acting like a small sun in the engine room. That thing is going to generate a lot of heat, and as such needs venting into the cold vacuum of space. The remainder of the heat can be saved up and used to provide life support for the crew! Voila!
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Dannage wrote: »
    Isn't it frustrating when all these noobies keep arriving and their 'first ever attempt at modelling' is better than your last 50 models? :)

Welcome Hat, this is a very nice ship indeed and one I'm keen to see flying as part of a fleet.. hint hint... :)

As for suggesting purpose for the giant glreen glow, well clearly your megabrick is powered by an insanely powerful thermolytic plasma generator, acting like a small sun in the engine room. That thing is going to generate a lot of heat, and as such needs venting into the cold vacuum of space. The remainder of the heat can be saved up and used to provide life support for the crew! Voila!

lol
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.

I've never claimed this was my first ever attempt at modeling. Just started to be more serious about it then before. I gave it a few tries before ;) I have some of those 50 models that sit on the HD unfinished etc....

As for the venting heat from the generator.... actually quite a logic reason... Thanx ;)

By your command ;)

Basic shapes made, now to detail them all ;) From left to right,

Fleet Carrier class, heavy cruiser, heavy destroyer and a multi purpose frigate :)
    84403.jpg
    bsf.jpg 155.1K
    Ok, I allready started on the carrier :) 4 Corvette docking bays on the rear, 3 flight decks on the rear for figther recovery, and 9 launch tubes at the front!
    84405.jpg84407.jpg
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Looks good...
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Impressive work. :)
    Well.... I started on a carrier..... I think I can't go on without making fighters as well! There's still some smoothing errors and I am agitated by that nose so I'll have to redo the thing....

But here's some screens

Edit: Now I why the nose is so ugly, it looks like a plattypuss!
    84507.jpg84508.jpg
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Cool fighter. :) Aside from the nose, as you said, it looks really good. Definitely unique enough to stand on its own. The only thing I'm not digging on your designs is the fairings around the engines of the ships. It doesn't really look like there was much thought put into that part of the design and, IMO, it detracts from the flow of your work.
    Thanks for the reply :)

You made me realise the problem with my engines :) I'll work on it ;)
    Ok, started a second fighter...

Gonna be Nicknamed the Razor. the 4 weird pointy things in the center will be connection points for addon packs. Adding various stuff like speed boosters, missile rigs or even big cannons!
    84579.jpg84580.jpg
    Little update on my destroyer, redid some of the plating to make it less sloppy looking. Added two laser turrets and 2 flak cannons on the front part :) Also redid the part around the engines.
    85194.png85195.png85196.png85197.png85198.png
    Been a while since I posted in this thread....

Anyway, started on a corvette, and I guess my speed has increased a lot :) and maybe the quality a bit as well but I'll leave that up for you to decide ;)

Still need to add more greebles as well as a better texture although the basic idea is comming out as I planned :)
    85829.jpg85830.jpg85831.jpg
    Went back again to relearn how to model :) Made another fighter :) Let me know what you think :)
    86499.jpg86500.png86501.jpg
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    I really like the fighter quite a lot actually. It reminds me of the old Renegade Legion artwork. Very good :thumb:
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    I think that corvette's really nice!
    Nice perhaps, but all unfinished :P

I think texturing without detailing looks weird, however, texturing can give more details, I prefer to model them in, as I still suck with UV unwrapping :P
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh My! WOW, I really like all of this. Top notch Stuff here. Haturod, I might have to hit you up to work on some ships for publication.
    A Pulse Rifle I'm trying in between :)

Since I started posting in August I think it was, I've been inproving and modelling faster :) This is what I made tonight. far from done, like al my models atm I think it is comming out nicely :)

Anyway, let me know what you think,

I'm also trying to add a bajonet kinda thing between the two barrels although I have to look in to how to attach it :)
    86546.jpg86547.jpg
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Haturod wrote: »
    A Pulse Rifle I'm trying in between :)

Since I started posting in August I think it was, I've been inproving and modelling faster :) This is what I made tonight. far from done, like al my models atm I think it is comming out nicely :)

Anyway, let me know what you think,

I'm also trying to add a bajonet kinda thing between the two barrels although I have to look in to how to attach it :)

Kind of looks like the mag is for 50 cal and the top barrel is for 22 cal. The lower barrel looks like a one shot grenade launcher. Most bayonets are clipped onto the flash eliminator of the rifle. That way you wouldn't have to have such a long bayonet (going from some attachment point between barrels) see here for some pics about 1/3rd down the page.

Edit: I had 6 FNC1's during my time in 2RCR back in the 80's. Had to "pay" one of the Sgt's a 40 oz'er of White Sail Rum to get my bayonet back after it got snagged and left behind in the track. I've always wondered if he didn't "snag" it for me....
    cavebear wrote: »
    Kind of looks like the mag is for 50 cal and the top barrel is for 22 cal. The lower barrel looks like a one shot grenade launcher. Most bayonets are clipped onto the flash eliminator of the rifle. That way you wouldn't have to have such a long bayonet (going from some attachment point between barrels) see here for some pics about 1/3rd down the page.

Edit: I had 6 FNC1's during my time in 2RCR back in the 80's. Had to "pay" one of the Sgt's a 40 oz'er of White Sail Rum to get my bayonet back after it got snagged and left behind in the track. I've always wondered if he didn't "snag" it for me....

Thank for the input :) However, this being a pulse Rifle, it doesn't have conventional rounds. The Mag is a battery basically ;) The weird strip above the mag holder is an indicator (will be) of how much juice there's left :)

The bayonet could also be a welding torch like thing ofc :)