Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTOS Enterprise

2»

• Elokim-SupremeElokim-Supreme171 Posts: 0Member
    some more texturing... is there any way to make the renders sharper (if you look on the "enterprise ncc-1701" decal you can see its a bit blurry.. how can I avoid this?)
    83684.jpg83685.jpg
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    I don't know which program you use, but in 3D Studio MAX there are filter settings for each individual material map: Pyramidal, Summed Area, and None. Pyramidal is the lowest quality setting and it's the default for material maps in MAX. The maps look good, but as an object surface it turned toward its corresponding plane (X,Y, or Z) it begins to look fuzzy and out of focus, just like the 1701 in your image above. The next highest stage, Summed Area, cleans up the fuzziness but if you aren't using a hi-res map, then the object's material will looked pixelated. Finally, None, the highest setting, gives maps a really nice, sharp look; but again if you aren't using hi-res material maps (at least 2 gb in size, I've found) then the map will look grainy in rendered images. Oh, and each higher setting also adds between 20% and 30% to your rendering time...unless you have a VERY fast processor or a render farm. Because of this, I stick to the Pyramidal setting unless it's absolutely necessary to go higher.

I hope this info helps. The model's looking really good.
    Thanks, Buckaroohawk. it helped me a lot. the maps I'm using are 2048X2048 pixels, so the "none" setting probably won't be so good but i'll try this anyway.
    anymore... I had the scene in my head for a few days so although I havn't finished the modeling and texturing I simply had to do it.
    B.T.W which one do you think is better, A or B?

edit: Oops! It seems I lost the "A". I think you will probably guess which one is A.
    83716.jpg83717.jpg
  • gm2378gm23780 Posts: 0Member
    I think your models great, I like A above, it looks more like a frame from the old TV program, except better graphics :D
    yeah... I think I'll go with A. I have sime textures to complete on the starship and than I'll maybe put a little moon next to the planet.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Nice work indeed/
    Ok... now this post is going to be a bit weird.... my girlfriend (who has no iterest in star trek at all) saw the scene I made... she managed to convince me to do this... and yes, I know.... :confused::confused:
    84250.jpg
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771268 PNWPosts: 759Member
    Jettisoning Hello Kitty into space was probably not a mistake.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Lizzy777 wrote: »

its been done before :) B5: There All The Honor Lies (end of the episode)
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Lizzy777 wrote: »

Sometimes I wish there were reps on this site, cuz that just bought all of them. :)
    What do you say about a spacedock orbiting the planet?
    84512.jpg