Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DEnterprise Technical Manual

• lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    Interesting.
    Similar to the way you'd add a second engine to the end of a train to add some push force in this case you'd build a longer "train" and add a second vessel in the middle to distribute the force?
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    These are all the old Earth Coalition ships that were made in the old thread. Since the old thread has no images anymore and some people asked for other orthos I am posting these here. I also have several other images of klingon, romulan and perspective images of various ships but I will keep with the main capital ships for now:

griffo10.jpg nxclas10.jpg page0110.jpg page_010.jpg page_011.jpg page_012.jpg page_013.jpg page_014.jpg page_110.jpg page_111.jpg

And yes the Atlas is some kind of train of the spaceways. Collecting cargo and parts and bring them to major construction sites where its relative small size is better suited then a Y or J type freighters.
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771268 PNWPosts: 759Member
    Like the Mantaray and Delta ships. And the Monarch has an almost Excelsior style to it. I don't remember much from your previous thread, so are some of these designs yours or are they inspired from a design journal or another source?

Great work either way.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    The construction vessel looks kick-butt ! :thumb: Can't wait to see more of it, hopefully it will turn out into another masterpiece. For the moment renders that you've already seen, Flanker :D
    For others, I made some small changes on the underside, especially the intakes.

th_cutter4.jpg
    th_cutter5.jpg
    th_cutter6.jpg
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Great job on all of these!
    Cargo Vessel - a rough idea of a 3D model :)

th_cargo2.jpg
    th_cargo3.jpg
  • Kmpr´rakKmpr´rak171 Posts: 12Member
    Applause, great work!
  • Mister KMister K171 Posts: 0Member
    fascinating! :D
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I love that Monarch class myself. In the past folks have tried to fill out the NX-01 with secondary hull add ons, but your FASA-like take with a trailing hull is perfect.
  • GalenGalen0 Posts: 0Member
    Amazing work ya got here dude!
    Wanted to do some more of this but couldn't find any bigger chunks of free time Flanker. Hope you like it the way it is :)

th_cargo4.jpg
    Small update

th_cargo5.jpg
  • Kmpr´rakKmpr´rak171 Posts: 12Member
    Not bad at all! Looks interesting! :)
    Thanks everyone for the kind and encouraging words. Haven't been ableto do much this week but hope to finish a design this weekend.
    And wonderful job Adam! You really nailed the feel of the Atlas just as I had it in my mind. Makes me wonder why I even make orthos :D It would be nice to add your 3d models in the manual as well.
    Hey you have to make orthos so that I can model ships off of them :p
    You probably know my opinion on using my models in the manual :D
    :) minor update on the refurbished Mercury Class:
    mercur10.jpg
  • joelcannjoelcann0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice :)
  • JohnnyMuffintopJohnnyMuffintop173 Posts: 0Member
    Lovely! Love the new bridge, shape, nacelles, all of it.
    Yup nice stuff, the revisited version (save for the part that I told you about) looks way better. It's a bit clunky but that's what I like about the Ent era.

Almost finished your Cutter class BTW :)

th_cutter8.jpg
    40-minute run with the Mercury :)

th_mercury1.jpg
    Spinning Cutter model video. Nothing new done for the ship but at least now you can get a feeling of the ship. I altered some bits due to problematic geometry but Flanker accepted them :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=new57FgRTIA
    Wow that was very impressive and nice to see the 2d designs come to live like that. You caught the feel of the Mercury as well. :D
    Hey Flanker, quick question.
    You gonna include the NX refit and/or ships based off it's new secondary hull?
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I would love to see Monarch fleshed out.
    I'm not sure about the NX refit. It depends on what time this refit has gone active. Before, during or after the Earth Romulan war.
    The Monarch will be fleshed out for sure.

Finished the Mercury (side profile) with a small 4 person shuttle. The Mercury will probably have a 8 men crew and is armed with a dual pulse laser along with advanced ECM, tracking and sensory packages.
    Mercury2.jpg
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    I like the new curvy hull, and slightly bulkier "saucer" a lot!

Although its a shame that the deflector is completely hidden.
    Haha you see, the deflector should stay :p Oh and it's not that I was talking with Melak and forced him to say it, no I did not do that, not on windows messanger !
    Anyway the ship looks really cool, already gives me ideas for textures and small details. I will surely work on it once I have some more free time !
    Nice update to the Mercury class, Flanker.
    And as I was saying before, the NX refit is supposed to be what the Enterprise looked like in the 5th season.
    The dish is somewhat put in the hull like the NX so :D even so a variant could have a different configuration in that regard.

And I understand what you mean JohnnyMuffintop I will give it some thought and see what I can do about it. Currently quite busy so don't have a lot of time to spare for this project.

MercuryClassPage.png
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Okay, how about some interiors? The Mercury class, must be mostly reactor...